2019 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm crook and have **** all to do, have any of the SC podcasts started up yet? Didn't listen to any last year so dunno who's any good at it.
Used to listen to JR back when I was still at school but don't care for the new blokes that have taken over for him.
Saw one bloke plug his here the other day, guess I'll check that one out.
What about the guys who posted last week about their podcast dropping on the weekend .....maybe just search back a few pages, i'm sure it's recent

I'm crook and have **** all to do, have any of the SC podcasts started up yet? Didn't listen to any last year so dunno who's any good at it.
Used to listen to JR back when I was still at school but don't care for the new blokes that have taken over for him.
I just checked .....Uncle Jiska looks to have deleted the posts re the Podcast due to using the Forum to advertise .....but PM cfx_1 for details

What about the guys who posted last week about their podcast dropping on the weekend .....maybe just search back a few pages, i'm sure it's recent

Did you not read the post lol.
That was last thing I said.

What do you guys think/hope you're fully upgraded team will look like?
I usually throw together an "ideal" team to work towards every preseason.
I think the forward line this year will be the hardest to nail 6 of the top 8/10 players.

Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Whitfield, Simpson, Blakely/Williams

Titch, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, Martin, Merrett,
Macrae, Kelly

Grundy, Gawn

Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Menegola, Wingard,T.Kelly/Gray/Lynch

I left out Fyfe, Greene and Buddy due to injury/suspension concerns
It's obviously all speculation at this point, but is interesting to see who people think will be top players in their positions.

My little present to you :)

TOM WILLIAMSON (CARLTON) $189,500
Williamson’s 2018 season was ruined by injury, a major blow given he is very highly rated at the Blues. He’s a smooth-moving halfback and with Sam Docherty suffering another ACL tear, some believe Williamson will be the man to fill the void. He played 15 senior games in 2017 and averaged only 49.9 SuperCoach points but will another pre-season under his belt and time in the gym, he should be better equipped for senior footy

CONNOR ROZEE (PORT ADELAIDE) $189,300 DEF/FWD
The No.5 draft pick is lightly-framed but the Power are looking to inject more speed into the midfield following the loss of Jared Polec and Chad Wingard, and Rozee brings just that. He’s had experience playing against senior bodies in the SANFL, which will hold him in good stead as he pushes for a Round 1 debut. He’s also known for his tackling and aggression, two characteristics that should see him in the selection mix. Has played both midfield (157 SuperCoach-point average in 2016 under-16 championships and 104 points in 2017) and forward (74-point SuperCoach average at under-18 carnival)

SAM COLLINS (GOLD COAST) $188,900
During his first stint in the AFL Collins put up some good scores for Fremantle in 2016-17 (including a 126 against Collingwood) before being delisted by the Dockers after just 14 matches. The 24-year-old gets another chance, this time at the Suns, after an outstanding season in the VFL where he led the league for total marks and contested marks. Should see plenty of action down back for Gold Coast.

OLEG MARKOV (RICHMOND) $158,000
The Tigers have big raps on Markov but 2019 is surely a make or break year for him. It will be his fourth season at Richmond and given he’s still yet to cement his spot in the team, he needs a big pre-season to get himself in the mix. With the departures of depth players Sam Lloyd, Reece Conca, Corey Ellis and Anthony Miles, there is opportunity for Markov to put himself under coach Damien Hardwick’s nose. Bachar Houli has been a great servant but will the Tigers look to transition Markov into that role?

ISAAC QUAYNOR (COLLINGWOOD) $153,300
Collingwood’s first-round draft pick has been likened to Bulldog Jason Johannisen for his speed and ability to take the game on, and many believe he’s ready to step into the senior team should an opportunity arise.

CALLUM WILKIE (ST KILDA) $124,900
Picked up by the Saints in the rookie draft from SANFL club North Adelaide, where he won the best-and-fairest this year as a playmaking defender. The 22-year-old averaged 26 disposals and nine marks a game and could have an immediate impact.

JORDAN CLARK (GEELONG) $144,300
The Cats haven’t been afraid to throw their draftees into the AFL furnace early and Clark could be one to come in and have an immediate impact. The No.15 draft pick has a lot of upside still, after only recently focusing on footy, but has played against senior bodies in the WAFL already which holds him in good stead for a potential debut

CHRIS BURGESS (GOLD COAST) $123,900 DEF/FWD
One of the Suns’ three priority mature-age access recruits, along with Sam Collins and forward Josh Corbett. The 22-year-old played as a swingman for West Adelaide this year and has been given dual-position status in SuperCoach

MARTY HORE (MELBOURNE) $117,300
Took the second-most marks in the VFL this year (behind Collins) and gets a chance at the Demons at age 22. He is likely to be a back-up for first-choice backmen Steven May and Jake Lever

EZ MCLENNAN (GOLD COAST) $117,300
The Suns are expected to give their kids plenty of game time next season and McLennan is one who could be given an opportunity. At 185cm and 81kg, he’s got a pretty solid body already and plays across halfback — a perfect position for a young player finding his way in the game

BAILEY SMITH (WESTERN BULLDOGS) $180,300
At 185cm and 83kg, Smith is ready for senior footy and he’s exactly the type of player the Bulldogs love — he’s a hard runner who is quick, wins plenty of the ball, uses it well and is clean with his hands in contested situations. He has battled a sore Achilles but is expected to be OK by January

HARLEY BENNELL (FREMANTLE) $167,700
We know he’s not a rookie but Benell is rookie priced, so that gets him on this list. If he can get his body right, the Docker would be the cash cow of the year given he has the potential to be an elite player. The only questions are — can he stay fit, and how much does he want it? If he plays in the JLT Series and he’s picked for Round 1, at just $167,700 he is absolutely worth the risk for such a low investment with seriously high scoring potential.

LIAM STOCKER (CARLTON) $126,300
The Blues pulled off that risky trade with the Crows to secure Stocker, meaning they must see serious potential in him. He’s already strongly built, with a body that appears ready for AFL footy. He’s been touted as a potential replacement for co-captain Sam Docherty across halfback, while he’s also viewed as a long-term partner for Cripps and Walsh in the midfield.

JOE ATLEY (PORT ADELAIDE) $123,900
Another of the 2017 draftees to consider, Atley was close to senior selection for the Power in 2018 but didn’t break through for his debut, meaning he’s still a nice price for us. He did have an injury-interrupted season but proved his ball-winning ability by winning 20 or more disposals in most of his SANFL games

MATTHEW LING (SYDNEY SWANS) $123,900 MID/FWD
The second-year Swan has pace to burn and could be ready to add some excitement to a regenerating Sydney team. With Gary Rohan, Dan Hannebery and Nic Newman all departing during the trade period, John Longmire will need his younger players to step up and fill the void and Ling could be one of those.

BRETT BEWLEY (FREMANTLE) $117,300
Recruited from Williamstown, where he averaged 25 disposals a game in 2018 and led the league for effective long kicks. Has been likened to Tom Scully for his running ability.

LUKE VALENTE (FREMANTLE) $117,300
The classic draft slider, Valente was tipped as a likely first-round selection on draft night but slipped to pick 32, where he was happily snapped up by the Dockers. The South Australian under-18 captain already has an AFL-ready body was ranked the 10th-best player in the draft by Champion Data

TOM ATKINS (GEELONG) $112,900
Is the 23-year-old from the Cats’ VFL team the next mature-age success story off master recruiter Stephen Wells’ production line? Atkins, a tough ball-winner and dual VFL best-and-fairest winner, hopes to follow in the footsteps of Tim Kelly, Sam Menegola and Tom Stewart

DARCY FORT (GEELONG) $117,300
The 205cm giant finally gets a chance at an AFL club six years after playing for the Geelong Falcons in the TAC Cup. Since then he has spent time in the VFL and the SANFL, where he dominated this year for Central District, averaging 123 SuperCoach points a game. The biggest issue for the 25-year-old will be getting a regular game but the Cats never settled on a starting ruckman last season

ZAC CLARKE (ESSENDON) $142,600
Essendon desperately needed ruck depth and that gives Clarke another opportunity at AFL level after being delisted by Fremantle at the end of 2017. He’s never been a big SuperCoach scorer,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHANE MCADAM (ADELAIDE) $123,900
The Crows thought enough of the livewire forward to trade Mitch McGovern to Carlton for access to him via AFL rules that allowed the Blues to snare mature-age players before the draft. The nephew of former Saint and Lions star Gilbert McAdam — and cousin of current Blue Sam Petrevski-Seton — stood out for Sturt this year with his tackling pressure, big leap and eye for goal.

JOSH CORBETT (GOLD COAST) $123,900
The third of Gold Coast’s priority mature-age recruits kicked 22 goals for Werribee in the VFL this year before his season was cut short by a nasty eye injury. Before then the North Warrnambool product was averaging almost eight marks a game and was awarded the Fothergill-Round Medal as the VFL’s most promising young talent.

MATT PARKER (ST KILDA) $117,300
An explosive forward who was digging holes for underground gas pipes to pay the bills while playing in the WAFL this year. Inspired to not give up on his AFL dream by Geelong star and SuperCoach sensation Tim Kelly, Parker kicked 27 goals — and laid 84 tackles — for South Fremantle this year

BEN CAVARRA (WESTERN BULLDOGS) $117,300
One of the genuine feel-good stories of the draft after the Dogs called out his name at pick 45. The 22-year-old won a Morrish Medal in the VFL as a midfielder but switched to a small forward role in the past two seasons, winning Williamstown’s goalkicking both years. Kicked 34 goals this year and has enough strings to his bow to still average 97 SuperCoach points a game.

TOM WILKINSON (NORTH MELBOURNE) $102,400
A small forward plucked from the Southport Sharks after stints with Williamstown and Sandringham (where he won a best-and-fairest) in the VFL. After being overlooked in four drafts, Wilkinson rated elite in the NEAFL in 2018 for goals, accuracy, forward-50 tackles, marks, score assists and contested marks. Can he break into the Kangaroos’ best 22?

What do you guys think/hope you're fully upgraded team will look like?
I usually throw together an "ideal" team to work towards every preseason.
I think the forward line this year will be the hardest to nail 6 of the top 8/10 players.

Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Whitfield, Simpson, Blakely/Williams

Titch, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, Martin, Merrett,
Macrae, Kelly

Grundy, Gawn

Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Menegola, Wingard,T.Kelly/Gray/Lynch

I left out Fyfe, Greene and Buddy due to injury/suspension concerns
It's obviously all speculation at this point, but is interesting to see who people think will be top players in their positions.
Here's my thoughts. Bench = could break into top 6/8. I've put it in order too:

1546925174521.png
1546925412667.png
1546925456329.png
1546925633039.png

What day did Supercoach open for all users last year? :think::devil:
Not sure, late Jan sounds about right .....better hurry, I'm sick of the Team Picker from SC Elites, where i simply can't type a players name to get his price ....i have to scour every player by fwd/mid/def to find & it's turning me off

What day did Supercoach open for all users last year? :think::devil:

I know NRL SuperCoach opens around Australia Day.
AFL is usually a couple of days to a week later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back