Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestia’s body just doesn’t seem to hold up to the demands of AFL footy. Truly baffling we didn’t sign midfield re-inforcements in the off-season. Put all of our eggs into the Lynch basket who seems as cooked as Dion. We then went with drafting kids, who won’t be ready while our window is open.

Our midfield will hold us back from winning another premiership IMO.
Won’t they? i wouldnt underestimate , considering we had limited tpp left we did very well in re stocking our mids. Weller will help hold up an end while these kids gather some momentum , Higgo and Rioli will both get more midfield time

Well seriously, how you can you proclaim Prestia is cooked and Lynch is already a crock?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
Dion’s injury history and constant niggles speak for themself. I’m not convinced his body will ever be reliable, especially with our taxing game plan. Is that really such an outlandish statement to make? It seems a large crop of those kids around a similar age bracket that went through the Gold Coast have lingering or reoccurring injuries that they just cannot shake. Is it all just coinscidental? Lynch’s full training return date has been postponed twice now and it’s looking likely that he won’t play round one. I’m glad you’re not concerned, but I have zero confidence in either of their bodies right now.

He's ok. It was planned.

Haere Ra

ihope you have volunteered for the lotion application

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Dion’s injury history and constant niggles speak for themself. I’m not convinced his body will ever be reliable, especially with our taxing game plan. Is that really such an outlandish statement to make? It seems a large crop of those kids around a similar age bracket that went through the Gold Coast have lingering or reoccurring injuries that they just cannot shake. Is it all just coinscidental? Lynch’s full training return date has been postponed twice now and it’s looking likely that he won’t play round one. I’m glad you’re not concerned, but I have zero confidence in either of their bodies right now.
Richmond have the best medical team and best fitness dept in the league, Im sure both Lynch & Prestia would have been looked at by the best and the decision made accordingly.

Both will be extremely good reliable players for years to come, 9 weeks out from round 1 and the team being overly cautious and making sure they stay ontop of things

Both will be extremely good reliable players for years to come, 9 weeks out from round 1 and the team being overly cautious and making sure they stay ontop of things
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Respectfully disagree though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Respectfully disagree though.
Come end of 2019 , You will respectfully agree ;)

He has been signed onto a 7 year deal without finals thats 154 games possibly
If we get 120-130 games in the next 7 years im more than happy with the outcome

Actually it is an outlandish statement. Is it a players fault if he’s mismanaged?
He played 22 games in 2017 and 13 in 2018. By my calculations he missed 3 games in 2017 and 11 in 2018.
He is currently completing his first full pre season in years. So given he came to the club under an injury cloud and played 22 games, it is plausible he can stand up to the rigours of our game plan given the shambles he came from.

On Lynch you realise they chose to put him under the knife once GC’s season was over so he would be right for season 2019? It was strategic as much as anything. Here’s Tom’s games played. As you can see, he’s far more durable than your perception.
And yes, i am comfortable. I am comfortable in the fact we have the best strength and conditioning team in the league. Our man management is now copied by the likes of Hawthorn, Collingwood etc.
And if you think we need Lynch to beat the mudfish in R1, you’re kidding yourself.

f5124a0ec493a7744d6b1dae72c55d6c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I don’t know what we’re paying Lynch and what other clubs are paying their recruits so I can’t give you a straight answer. It would depend on a lot of things but I would’ve prioritised a midfielder.

In my opinion, Beams, although unrealistic, would improve us more than Lynch would and Lynch would improve Collingwood more than Beams would. Their midfield is stacked without Beams and our forward line was highly functionable without Lynch.
The thing though is, who are those mids going to kick to? Our forward line has been highly inefficient over the last two years and the only reason why I believe we won the Premiership In 2017 is because Townsend improved our efficiency by a lot when he entered the side in Round 22. He has fallen off again and our forward line then became inefficient again with no one to change that.

Lynch is definitely what we need as he’d be able to help out in that regard. I agree that we do need better midfielders but the ones available to us in the off-season were not worth passing up on Lynch in my opinion. Besides, I’d rather lift our efficiency inside 50s than our possession/inside 50s count because that is an area that will really lift us as a team more than any other area (except maybe after improving our ruck situation).

Open training video taken by Tiger TV

Looks like their chemistry on the field is still intact and they look extremely fit. We’re yet to see how their goal kicking looks so I hope that improves as well.

ps. Is it me our does Houli look like he is in really good shape? I haven’t seen him move so confidently before including previous training sessions. Love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back