Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard the same thing. Apparently it's a one year pay out if we were to move him on.
Dunno how accurate it is though.
You obviously know I'm not a huge fan but I was happy to support him this year anyway, and for us to offer him another contract if certain things really improved.
But the contract was done early and then he didn't turn up to exit interviews again.
Not a great start.
Let's hope that improvement comes.
I don't mean flags or anything either before everyone jumps on with that crap.

The current baseline coaches contract only offers a 6 month payout, regardless of length. So we have offered him something with a 12 month payout.

Nobody wants to end up like Freo where Ross the Boss takes you to the cleaners and breaking the bad deal early would send you broke.

The current baseline coaches contract only offers a 6 month payout, regardless of length. So we have offered him something with a 12 month payout.

Nobody wants to end up like Freo where Ross the Boss takes you to the cleaners and breaking the bad deal early would send you broke.
True. I know Mark Neeld needed a really big payout. (AFL had to pay it)
I guess though in Ross Lyons case the more they want you the more you can demand in terms of payout etc

Last edited:

I think there is a clause in CS's contract that if results are poor this year, there is a get-out. Nothing official, just what I was told when in Geelong last week as if it was common knowledge.
That , along with the review process, and the described new found bonding and camaraderie, and playing for each other, all augurs well for this year and beyond.
There is every reason to give CS the benefit of his record (albeit poor in finals), the review, and the fact he wants to continue despite this apparent widespread hatred of him.

That's surprising. You mean they haven't been playing for each other? Isn't that 'How to be a Team Player, 101'?

The bonding + camaraderie - is that from the article, which states that Scott is spending time getting to know his players?

I remember Scott saying last season that he doesn't get involved in the day to day training, leaves it to his assistant coaches. Was surprised to hear him say that + wondered how he knows what's really happening? For example, dear old Parsons, perhaps one of the coaches was a Fan Man?

I only got it from the Addy (below) and certain people talking about it on SEN (so not a strong case lol)
It is also understood that Scott was not in attendance for several of the recent exit interviews, which raised the eyebrows of a former senior coach no longer at club land.

Never heard the club deny it, only then heard Cook saying they've identified that CS needs improvement in communicating to players.
Never read Menz saying that sorry.

Bartel, Mooney from memory were very vocal about it especially bartel. Enright to a lesser extent

Let’s hope there is a clause, and it’s not just some rumour.

What do you mean he didn’t turn up for exit interviews? Menzel said he did.

Are you basing that on rumours or fact? Seems like too much stuff get’s thrown up as fact when no one knows for sure. Someone throws it out as a rumour, and suddenly some people start using it as fact.

When bartel retired or pushed into retirement this was his major issue with chris scott at the time. Mooney and enright to a lesser extent chimed in with disappointment. Lots of arguments have been made by others although you either take bartels word or you don't simple as that.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/03...n-disappointed-geelong-champions-says-mooney/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...his-final-year-perfectly-20170323-gv56yn.html

The baseline of the argument

When bartel retired or pushed into retirement this was his major issue with chris scott at the time. Mooney and enright to a lesser extent chimed in with disappointment. Lots of arguments have been made by others although you either take bartels word or you don't simple as that.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/03...n-disappointed-geelong-champions-says-mooney/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...his-final-year-perfectly-20170323-gv56yn.html

If Bartel needed to be pushed into retirement, it's his issue. He was cooked . What was there for CS to say that wasn't already said during the year? Disappointment is expected, time doesn't stop for even Bartel.

Last edited:
If Bartel needed to be pushed into retirement, it's his issue. He was cooked . What was there for CS to say that wasn't already said during the year?

That's why I said in the post lots of arguments can be made it's really if you believe jimmy or not it always ends up being arguments of point of views so I don't bother. Hense why it was open ended I was only proving the friction existed which was the question

That's why I said in the post lots of arguments can be made it's really if you believe jimmy or not it always ends up being arguments of point of views so I don't bother. Hense why it was open ended I was only proving the friction existed which was the question
i'm just supporting your point.

I was referring to last seasons exit interviews. Menzel said scott was there and had also rang him on the phone to tell him the bad news. Maybe in the past he hadn’t attended exit interviews, i don’t know, but i was just going off what menzel said about scott attending his.

And making the point that although he might have not attended previously does not mean he didn’t last year. We don’t know.

Not that none of these 'walk-ups' have been named either. They're about as legitimate as Scott Selwood's leadership skills.
It's not that unreasonable to think that a guy who was vice-captain of West Coast has some leadership skills.

I don't really believe in the walk-ups, mind you. Nor is there anything that wrong with fans being attracted to success and wanting more. Winning culture and all that, so long as you keep those expectations in proportion.

It's not that unreasonable to think that a guy who was vice-captain of West Coast has some leadership skills.

I don't really believe in the walk-ups, mind you. Nor is there anything that wrong with fans being attracted to success and wanting more. Winning culture and all that, so long as you keep those expectations in proportion.
I joined BFooty start of 2007

Am i a walk up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's surprising. You mean they haven't been playing for each other? Isn't that 'How to be a Team Player, 101'?

The bonding + camaraderie - is that from the article, which states that Scott is spending time getting to know his players?

I remember Scott saying last season that he doesn't get involved in the day to day training, leaves it to his assistant coaches. Was surprised to hear him say that + wondered how he knows what's really happening? For example, dear old Parsons, perhaps one of the coaches was a Fan Man?
Thats a very large corporation approach with the CEO rarely mixing with the workers.

The Scott coaching model does seem to include a degree of separation from the playing group

Love it when Cockarfitt ruffles feathers lol.
I think he's talking about the fair weather sailor phenomenon that affects all clubs that experience success. There's a percentage that drop off not to be seen as soon as the success dries up.

Hawforn are rife with it, and it appears so are 100000+ members RFC.
Bunch of glory hunting pea hearts who jump off when the going gets tough.

If Bartel needed to be pushed into retirement, it's his issue. He was cooked . What was there for CS to say that wasn't already said during the year? Disappointment is expected, time doesn't stop for even Bartel.

I heard the late Ken Judge say often that Michael Tuck is still pissed off at Hawthorn for retiring him - and what was Tucky nearly 40

Love it when Cockarfitt ruffles feathers lol.
I think he's talking about the fair weather sailor phenomenon that affects all clubs that experience success. There's a percentage that drop off not to be seen as soon as the success dries up.

Hawforn are rife with it, and it appears so are 100000+ members RFC.
Bunch of glory hunting pea hearts who jump off when the going gets tough.

Richmond may not have been at 100,000 but they still always had a big membership base even when they were god-awful for year on year.

There's not much I'll give the Tiges fans credit for, but they're certainly loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back