Are we realistically ever gonna win another flag in the next century?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok so we’ve been middle of the pack for a long time. There are some teams that regularly keep competing and jostling for top positions every other year. It feels like we just can’t get there. Even our prelim berths have ended in wallopings. When’s the last time we finished in the top 4? (I honestly don’t remember so pls don’t get annoyed with that question). Are we destined to be supporters of one of those clubs that don’t see success for decades.....? I’d love to think that we’ll genuinely be at that level soon and not just “make up the numbers” if we do happen to make finals. I haven’t seen us as genuine contenders since the 90s and that was a long time ago.

Ok so we’ve been middle of the pack for a long time. There are some teams that regularly keep competing and jostling for top positions every other year. It feels like we just can’t get there. Even our prelim berths have ended in wallopings. When’s the last time we finished in the top 4? (I honestly don’t remember so pls don’t get annoyed with that question). Are we destined to be supporters of one of those clubs that don’t see success for decades.....? I’d love to think that we’ll genuinely be at that level soon and not just “make up the numbers” if we do happen to make finals. I haven’t seen us as genuine contenders since the 90s and that was a long time ago.
As I enter my 59th season with North, I am reminded of my cold wintery childhood at Arden Street, hoping one day we might not win a Wooden Spoon.

s**t thread. If you're going to be so negative before a ball has even been bounced at least write two paragraphs. 0/10.
It’s actually got absolutely nothing to do with being negative before the ball’s bounced it’s got to do with what we’ve seen for a long time and I personally would love us to break that pattern.

Let me check.

giphy.gif

It’s actually got absolutely nothing to do with being negative before the ball’s bounced it’s got to do with what we’ve seen for a long time and I personally would love us to break that pattern.

There's a big difference from being 20 years since our last flag to going another HUNDRED years without winning another one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah well I’m tired of the same same year after year.

**** me, lucky you're not a Melbourne supporter then.

If this is getting to the point where you're permanently morbid then give it away mate. Take up poetry.:thumbsu:

Yeah lucky then. I take my hat off to them. Would outright hate footy.

I don't think you understand who we really are mate. We are the eternal struggle against the odds. We are the shinboner. I wouldn't be anywhere else for all the money in the world.

I don't think you understand who we really are mate. We are the eternal struggle against the odds. We are the shinboner. I wouldn't be anywhere else for all the money in the world.
I do and always have. Love our club. Nothing wrong with asking for ongoing success. Fans want that. It’s the way it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back