No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

We most certainly were
Not in context of where the team is at and has been under Lyon for many years now.
Thats just about exactly where we sit, in the 3 or 4 worst sides in the competition.
It was average performance for early season. It will get worse. I'm saving terrible for the 100 point beltings from the top 4 teams.

I couldn’t name you half of those GC players and we got absolutely destroyed by them. One of the most putrid displays of “football” I’ve seen from our clowns. Have an absolute golden opportunity to build on last week and really set or season up to prove everyone wrong and they stuffed it. As usual. Our blokes couldn’t care less. Just out there picking up a pay cheque.

We’ll get rolled by Saints next week too.

And to think we did our pre-season camp on the Gold Coast, maybe next year it should be Tasmania as it didn't seem to do us any good.

I'm allowed to melt about people on here right?

The calls to drop Brayshaw and to a lesser extent Darcy are some of the stupidest things I've read on here, and I was here when Silent Alarm tried to claim using slang language was racist against the Indigenous.

Brayshaw literally has one bad game (so did Mundy last I checked) and you lot want to pot him off. By the way, he still lead the team in tackles.

The short-sightedness from people on here is infuriating and mind-blowing

Last edited:
I f**king hate being sixth on the ladder with a shithouse percentage of only 166%. Season is over 🥴

You’re doing it wrong lol

**** me that was terrible. Just expected it to happen. Played 1/2 a quarter of okay footy just before 3/4 time and in all honesty that was almost enough to get the points

Backline were terrible. Midfield was average at best and we had far too many talls in the forward line. Should’ve played matera - at least he knows how to play at the bloody ground

Imagine using #5 on the classiest midfielder in the draft, who potentially could have gone #1 if it wasn't for injuries. Then imagine wasting him at half back while our team gets smashed in the middle. We're wasting Cerra right now.

I'm not sure he has the ball winning prowess to cut it in there , bit of a concern with him really. We have the best ball winner in the comp and then a long drop off and Cerra is in amongst the worst 1 on 1 players in a pretty average bunch , looks great when he gets it but haven't seen anything to excite me as far as generating his own possessions goes

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who was on Sexton yesterday? His stats make for ugly reading from a freo defensive perspective.

For so called great distributors and good kicks Wilson and Ryan were decidely average.
We do not seem to have worked out any advantage at the point kick out. We had plenty of opportunities yesterday and I can't remember taking it on at the kick out and setting it up to our advantage. Poor defensive coaching or lack of player initiative?

For so called great distributors and good kicks Wilson and Ryan were decidely average.
We do not seem to have worked out any advantage at the point kick out. We had plenty of opportunities yesterday and I can't remember taking it on at the kick out and setting it up to our advantage. Poor defensive coaching or lack of player initiative?

I tend to believe that if a player is confident and sees an opportunity they will take it. It's up to the system to create such opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hughes started on him and Wilson went on to him in the second half.
Can anyone tell me why Nyhius doesn't get a game? Too many soft flanker types, you only need two HB that
are good users of the ball.
I mean how many do we want Ryan, Wilson, Cerra, Hughes, Conca, etc, someone has to play the Hodge role
and be physical.

Doesn’t the media usually talk to a player who played well? Not calling for Andy to be dropped because we don’t have anyone else but 10 tackles I’m not to joyous about considering we can get that from a crowden. For a pick 2 he shows no class in front of goal whatsoever he’s already a low possession player. Paddy Dow looks way better, hope to * I’m wrong.

A couple of AFL commentators today saying the umps stuffed it for us, alluding to a suns player running through the mark when Luke Ryan marked the ball in the dying seconds, should have been 50 and a shot on goal.
They allowed both sides to do that all day unfortunately. I screamed at the TV several times that it should have been 50, including the Ryan one they have highlighted. I didn't scream at the TV when we encroached into the protected area, but we definitely did it and I can't remember any 50s being paid for that all day.

Bottom line is we didn't deserve to get close, let alone win it!

Doesn’t the media usually talk to a player who played well? Not calling for Andy to be dropped because we don’t have anyone else but 10 tackles I’m not to joyous about considering we can get that from a crowden. For a pick 2 he shows no class in front of goal whatsoever he’s already a low possession player. Paddy Dow looks way better, hope to **** I’m wrong.

Brayshaw was trotted out because the media can't have a crack at a 19 year old who tries his guts out and is coming back bravely from a broken jaw.

I think he'll go OK as far as his career goes though.

A couple of AFL commentators today saying the umps stuffed it for us, alluding to a suns player running through the mark when Luke Ryan marked the ball in the dying seconds, should have been 50 and a shot on goal.
Yeah there were a few but none as blatant as that one - got within a foot of him with no-one else around. And McCarthy was illegally blocked out of the marking contest when Collins took the mark as well. But that's football - the umpires weren't the reason our midfield got smashed.

Tribunal melt.

How in the actual **** did Miller not get cited for the gut punch to Hill? What the **** were they looking at????

Thanks to the nice person on twitter that giffed it:

To make matters worse that gut punch got him free to kick a goal roving off the stoppage with no opposition. Not that we deserved to win, but there was less than a goal in it at the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back