Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Cotchin, Martin, Short, BEllis & Butler
In: Grimes, Caddy, Bolton, Ross & Naish

I think Houli will be another week away.

B: Grimes Astbury Garthwaite
HB: Broad Vlastuin Stack
C: McIntosh Caddy Bolton
HF: Higgins Balta Rioli
FF: Castagna Lynch Edwards
Foll: Nankervis Prestia Lambert
Inter: Naish Graham Ross Markov

Probably 1 too many changes - as much as I’d like Bellis out, Dimma won’t go there...Naish not in

In: Grimes, Houli, Ross, Caddy, Bolton, Townsend
Out: Markov, Short, Cotchin, Martin, Butler, Ellis

FB:.....Grimes......Garthwaite......Broad
HB:.....Vlastuin......Astbury........Houli
C:.......KMac........Graham.........Lambert
HF:.....Edwards.......Balta.........Caddy
FF:.....Rioli............Lynch.........Castagna
R:.......Nank.........Prestia........Higgins
Int:.....Ross........Townsend......Bolton.....Stack

Castagna lucky that Butler has been worse and 6 changes is a stretch already. Would like to see Baker get a game too.

That team could beat Port.

In reality it will probably be In: Ross, Houli, Grimes, Caddy Out: Cotchin, Martin, Short, + one of Ellis or Markov.
Thats close to what I would put out.

I think Ross needs to come in especially because he has earned it and it is good for team performance culture. Because Cotch and Dusty are out amongst others I would be trying to get Caddy in for a bit of experience and composure and I would put in tough guy Townsend to to help Ross as well as the forward line since he can keep his head and is a dead eye dick for goal.

I probably would put in CCJ instead of Bolton in terms of team balance apart from a good opportunity to deservedly play in front of his family first game. Port has Ryder, Lycett, and Westhoff and could have Marshall as well.

How many times do I have to point out that 1000 games worth of their best 4 players were not on the sidelines.

Who has them as premiership fancies?

We do have a chance, except if we play the team THE_GUN named. That is my point. I would pick a team to give us the best chance to win, that side would be conceding defeat before we start.
I imagine we see this is as winnable , doubt we d debut more than Ross , with Bolton also likely to come in , grimes caddy and houli very handy inclusions

Thats close to what I would put out.

I think Ross needs to come in especially because he has earned it and it is good for team performance culture. Because Cotch and Dusty are out amongst others I would be trying to get Caddy in for a bit of experience and composure and I would put in tough guy Townsend to to help Ross as well as the forward line since he can keep his head and is a dead eye dick for goal.

I probably would put in CCJ instead of Bolton in terms of team balance apart from a good opportunity to deservedly play in front of his family first game. Port has Ryder, Lycett, and Westhoff and could have Marshall as well.
Perhaps Moore should be considered as a defender

Perhaps Moore should be considered as a defender
Sh.t....he’s built like Grimes I spose.
He’s got time to learn and I reckon he’s drifting back in line now Lynch is here.
probably couldn’t afford for him to stuff up learning during games.
I like it

Sh.t....he’s built like Grimes I spose.
He’s got time to learn and I reckon he’s drifting back in line now Lynch is here.
probably couldn’t afford for him to stuff up learning during games.
I like it
I'm for leaving Balta back there. Garth looked a little underdone. Maybe back to the twos for a spell or try him up the other end.

A back six of Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin, Broad, Houli (If fit) and Stack isn't too bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final quarter fade-outs are a concern.
I guess the Houli verdict is announced tomorrow. lol
Out: Cotchin, Garthwaite, Martin, Short.
In: Caddy, Grimes, Houli*, Ross.
If Houli is unfit, bring in Menadue or similar half-back flanker.
Grimes to Rozee, Astbury to Westhoff.
Boak (35 disposals) is their key midfielder, after Gray is closely tagged.

Last edited:
Final quarter fade-outs are a concern.
I guess the Houli verdict is announced tomorrow.
Out: Cotchin, Garthwaite, Martin, Short.
In: Caddy, Grimes, Houli*, Ross.
If Houli is unfit to bring in Menadue or similar half-back flanker.
I'd have Menadue ahead of Oleg.

I'm for leaving Balta back there. Garth looked a little underdone. Maybe back to the twos for a spell or try him up the other end.

A back six of Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin, Broad, Houli (If fit) and Stack isn't too bad.

Nah Garth will be better for the run, hes naturally a great endurance athlete, he'll need 2-3 weeks to get match fitness up and he'll be right. Reckon they'll leave him in and try and settle the backline with him, astbury, grimes, ****, floss, stack/houli

Did he do much in the seconds?
Zero, didn't play. Won't be picked. Thank god.

Perhaps too many changes but we need them, so I'd go:

Out: Martin, Cotchin, Short, Ellis, Butler, Markov
In: Ross, Caddy, Houli, Grimes, Bolton, Townsend

Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
Stack, Garthwaite, Houli
McIntosh, Ross, Bolton
Caddy, Balta, Higgins
Rioli, Lynch, Townsend
Nankervis, Prestia, Lambert
Edwards, Graham, Castagna, Broad

Has plenty of run and flair, could be an exciting side :)

Zero, didn't play. Won't be picked. Thank god.

Perhaps too many changes but we need them, so I'd go:

Out: Martin, Cotchin, Short, Ellis, Butler, Markov
In: Ross, Caddy, Houli, Grimes, Bolton, Townsend

Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
Stack, Garthwaite, Houli
McIntosh, Ross, Bolton
Caddy, Balta, Higgins
Rioli, Lynch, Townsend
Nankervis, Prestia, Lambert
Edwards, Graham, Castagna, Broad

Has plenty of run and flair, could be an exciting side :)

Like the outs and all bar Towber for the ins. Think Towner needs a few more games under the belt after a heavily interrupted preseason. Wouldnt mind Naish getting a run

i like how we’ve gone from having the best last quarters in the comp to not being able to run them out, and from the quickest side to one that looks like it’s jogging on a treadmill

same thing happened to port a few years back except they don’t have a flag to show for it
The game style the experts all said was unsustainable in the long term ........

Back