Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Hinkley has refused to undertake any form of professional development and he only went to the USA in the off season because the club finally forced him to go.

So while he might look lost he is not stressed by it because he doesn't actually realise he is lost.

To put the Dunning-Kruger effect in simple terms, some stupid people are too stupid to realise that they are stupid.

Apparently the yanks needed sub titles to understand Julia Gillard's version of English, one can only wonder how they coped with Kernspeak.

I don't understand the whole we can't sack Hinkley mantra.

Sack him?

Replace him with an interim coach.

What do we have to lose?

We know what Hinkley offers. It's not what we need.

If Schoey has been impressive in the last six months then give him a chance.

Promote Thompson if he has been impressive. Rejig to get him some help. Offer Brogan midfield stoppages role for the season.

Because the AFL can, and very very likely will, veto it . They have our licence.
Comments were made after SandO was sacked that the AFL won’t be looking favourably on sackings mid contract in the future.
Like JustWork said, our biggest hope, if we want Ken gone, is another club makes a play for him, if he says he is sick of the pressure of working in the Adelaide fishbowl and the China and other expectations of PAFC, and he moves back to Victoria with our blessing.
And, hope to god, we get a new coach who can bring us to a Premiership.

Last edited:
Like JustWork said, our biggest hope, if we want Ken gone, is another club makes a play for him, if he says he is sick of the pressure of working in the Adelaide fishbowl and the China and other expectations of PAFC, and he moves back to Victoria with our blessing.
We'll probably just jump at shadows and offer him another contract!

After all "Stability equals success".......

People say if you stopgoing to games you are hurting the club but if the club doesn't step up and do something now, Ken will achieve exactly that, people will stop going and fringe supporters may not renew. The signs are there already.
If you speak with your wallet the club will definitely notice that, depending on how bad attendances drop. I might be wrong but I think in order to keep up with SANFL payments we need at least 28,000 at home games. The rest from there is profit for the club, so if the club doesn't make profit then they'll be forced to take action.

We'll probably just jump at shadows and offer him another contract!

After all "Stability equals success".......
Koch pulled that out of his ****.
If stability meant success why do political parties keep changing leaders? Why does Real Madrid change coaches almost every time they don't win La Liga or get knocked out of the Champions League semis?

Nicks is doing ok at GWS hey

Depends. What has he actually done? GWS have been at least a semi-finalist in each of the last 3 years. Four rounds into an unpredictable new season, where do you see they have markedly improved under his direction?

If you speak with your wallet the club will definitely notice that, depending on how bad attendances drop. I might be wrong but I think in order to keep up with SANFL payments we need at least 28,000 at home games. The rest from there is profit for the club, so if the club doesn't make profit then they'll be forced to take action.
We don't need to do that, Ken is hurting our club and numbers and members will slowly decline, that's why we are so angry.

Pity you dont sit anywhere near me on western stand. You would get heaps and heaps.. congrats to those who had a crack. Big footy noise is not the sentiment at the oval we the crowd is there to support the team. I have said that on a number of occasions plus the latest mistruth about the richmond game crowd. Key board posturing is not game time reality.
You must sit in a weirdly unique part of the ground. I can feel the change in atmosphere at games. People are not happy. I go because love the club. I hate watching us play under Hinkley. You can sense the tension in the crowd, the rumble of discontent as we go for the quadruple switch of play at half back. It is not a small section of the crowd. I can't support efforts to not show up to games, but supporter discontent with Hinkley is growing and I fully support efforts of fans to show their dissatisfaction with Hinkley, his useless gameplan and selections.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't need to do that, Ken is hurting our club and numbers and members will slowly decline, that's why we are so angry.
Right now Koch's primary intention is to keep the club afloat, but as long as the club is financially secure, then there's little reason he would feel obligated to make changes to the club, he wants to play things safe.
This is why I think that people who really don't like the state of our club right now should speak with their wallet, right now that's the only thing that will grab Koch's attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Buckley said the head coach is an easy and visible target for fans.
This is not new, it has been going on for years now as you know, terrible skills, players not motivated. If a company is in the same situation, the same applies. A person is put in charge of a particular area and if that area fails he is responsible.
Don't get me wrong here, it's not just Ken, Koch and KT are also responsible here for their actions, in particular the Hinkley extension based on no results.

Right now Koch's primary intention is to keep the club afloat, but as long as the club is financially secure, then there's little reason he would feel obligated to make changes to the club, he wants to play things safe.
This is why I think that people who really don't like the state of our club right now should speak with their wallet, right now that's the only thing that will grab Koch's attention.

It's sad that it is not addressed before the s**t happens but unfortunately paying members have to wear it.

The coaches under pressure ahead of the 2019 AFL season

Ken Hinkley
Ken Hinkley is going into his seventh season as Port Adelaide squad. For such a talented list, they have disappointed in their past four seasons.
Coming ninth, tenth, fifth – but disappointing in the elimination final against West Coast – and tenth in 2018.
They boast a list with Charlie Dixon, Robbie Grey and Ollie Wines. This list should be performing week after week.
They were tipped to come top four and challenge for the premiership. However, this was not to happen.
Unfortunately, all of this comes back to the coach. There is a pressure on Hinkley to rejuvenate the Power and turn them into a force in 2019.
If not it could be another season of disappointment at Alberton which could lead to change in the coaching ranks. Hopefully for Hinkley, this will not happen.

Pure speculation here, but I've always wondered if Ollie Wines gave the club an ultimatum - "Re-sign Ken or else i'm walking". If that was the case, tell your story walking Ollie.

I am speculating along similar lines re the Co Captaincy . With regard to Wines obviously the Club felt they should play the 'keep him at Alberton' card as they did with Boak. At the same time I suspect that Jonas may have been the player's man so a compromise was needed. If that is the case, and it is not illogical to assume it is, then it is piss weak management.

Of course none of this may be true but Members cannot help but speculate, particularly as those running the Club these days practice mushroom theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back