List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering Tim Kelly's getting to the point of being the nearly the best midfielder geelong have and better then any west coast have.

Out of contract but Cats will still want a lot.
Can we afford $800K a year?

We fixate on Coniglio and Kelly, but are there any non-WA players from struggling teams that are worth a look, similar to Redden and Hickey?

I'm struggling to think of any that would fill a need.

We fixate on Coniglio and Kelly, but are there any non-WA players from struggling teams that are worth a look, similar to Redden and Hickey?

Acres, perhaps, Jack Martin at the Suns. Both would be useful, I'm sure.

So the only major hole on our list is small defenders and young elite ball users off the hbf .
Getting coniglio would not only boost our midfield but keep our picks to target the above players.

Jeremy Sharpe would be a great get with our first.

Also callum ahchee is out of contract and showed some very good signs after being switched to the backline last year . He is injured at the moment and could be gettable .

Out masten schofield jetta ( retired )
Mutimur nelson not afl standard

In coniglio C ahchee sharp + 2 more in the ND
How we going to get trade currency for Cogs, Ah Chee and Sharp?

I like the suggestion though

Doesn't seem to be working very successfully.I was on the Tim Kelly bandwagon before the draft and still think we should have drafted him with our second pick.The more negative talk about him and the better he seems to plays.

Some people like to stick to their views no matter how badly they've been proven wrong. Guy is nearly the best player in the league right now. He's been getting tagged and still racking it up.

We messed up not taking him at the draft imo (and said so at the time) however we won a flag so you can't be too upset with how it worked out.

We don't have an obvious replacement for LeCras. A medium forward capable of kicking 40-50 goals would be nice.

Petch is currently tracking better than Lecras was at the same age/point in their career.

Actually think Parker from the saints would have been a perfect Lecras replacement.

Sier from Collingwood would be good.
Dunstan from the saints is in and out of their side a lot.
Brodie was highly rated and might be held back by GC development

Brayden Sier
Will Brodie

If we're looking for some inside grunt.

For multiple years I wanted us to potentially chase Aaron Hall and Luke Dahlhaus. Someone please tell me how Hall wouldn't have put in a better result playing from the opposite wing than what we've had this year and how Dahlhaus wouldn't have been perfect for our missing HFF spot.

Pick 68 and a free agency nothing just reported cash (and you can ******* guarantee with it being a second round pick it wasn't the 500k reported more likely 400-450 plus match payments)

How we going to get trade currency for Cogs, Ah Chee and Sharp?

I like the suggestion though
Coniglio is a free agent but i assume you think GWS will match the offer .

My thoughts were coniglio as a FA

Ahchee with one of our second rounders

Sharpe with our first

No kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have an obvious replacement for LeCras. A medium forward capable of kicking 40-50 goals would be nice.
I was hoping that cripps and rioli would fill that fwd/mid role and Petracelle would fill the pressure forward role .

Cripps has more grunt than lecras but not the class .

Petch is currently tracking better than Lecras was at the same age/point in their career.

Actually think Parker from the saints would have been a perfect Lecras replacement.

Ah Chee could have been the perfect Lecras replacement if the MC wanted to give him a shot at it ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sier from Collingwood would be good.
Dunstan from the saints is in and out of their side a lot.
Brodie was highly rated and might be held back by GC development
I really think that matty allen could be that BBM . He has some incredible attributes for a guy his size .
He just cant get a game with our glut of inside players - shuey yeo redden sheed and they seem to like putting gaff in there to :drunk:

Ah Chee could have been the perfect Lecras replacement if the MC wanted to give him a shot at it ..

Needs to bang down the door.

Pretty quiet over the preseason his name was hardly mentioned.

There's a spot for him in the team at his best. Hope it can all click for him soon. Tonne of talent.

I just don't think Brendon and to a lesser extent Callum Ah Chee are AFL quality players.

Really want Brendon to "click" and all, but this is his 8th season. Port waited, we've waited... i'm not sure it's going to happen anymore.

Probably deserves a game right now but he's depth only.

Has never really been given a run at it though.

I just don't think Brendon and to a lesser extent Callum Ah Chee are AFL quality players.

Really want Brendon to "click" and all, but this is his 8th season. Port waited, we've waited... i'm not sure it's going to happen anymore.

Bloke makes 7 plays in 7 days from the ressies.

Not sure why but Sneeze seems to really struggle to put a series of solid games together. I think this is what the mC is now looking for with him. 4 solid games in a row where he doesn't go MIA.

That’s fair enough ,doesn’t look like it s gonna happen for Ah Chee..

Maybe in a year or two we could see Ryan in the Lecca role ,Willie to the midfield and Jared Cameron in the Ryan role ..

Needs to bang down the door.

Pretty quiet over the preseason his name was hardly mentioned.

There's a spot for him in the team at his best. Hope it can all click for him soon. Tonne of talent.
Keep brendon for another year to try lure his brother .
I was thinking callum ahchee was a bit of a bust until they moved him to the HBF/wing . A bit like jetta in he lack the defensive side to his game but his offensive kicking game really broke games open . Probably not worth much more than a late 2nd but could be a savvy pick

Has never really been given a run at it though.
It seems like he can't put 4 good quarters together. If he could I'm sure the MC would oblige with a run of games in the seniors. He has to earn that opportunity though, and the way our midfield gets selected you have to look twice as good as the worst guy in the seniors before they'll drop someone for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back