No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your lol-ing doesn't change that I'm right or make your argument any stronger. But like I said, come back to me when you've played a game of sport.
Are u really in you're own mind mate if you play any game with your defeatist attitude then you wouldn't be a very good player. I am keeping my arguments to the topic tell me how many times has a coach tell any player you better watch out for the umpires mate because they are more than likely going to win the game for the opposition. what you are referring to is a loser mentality and not having the ability to own up to losing i will never blame the umpires for a loss. we have had some tough losses but never its loser talk

Are u really in you're own mind mate if you play any game with your defeatist attitude then you wouldn't be a very good player. I am keeping my arguments to the topic tell me how many times has a coach tell any player you better watch out for the umpires mate because they are more than likely going to win the game for the opposition. what you are referring to is a loser mentality and not having the ability to own up to losing i will never blame the umpires for a loss. we have had some tough losses but never its loser talk
The exact mindset of a fan and not someone who's ever played a game of anything.

It's easy for a fan to say that because they don't understand the psyche of someone playing the game.

I know you must have the last word on this so you can reply to this, but I won't. I will put a lol into my post just to strengthen it up for me. Lol.

The exact mindset of a fan and not someone who's ever played a game of anything.

It's easy for a fan to say that because they don't understand the psyche of someone playing the game.

I know you must have the last word on this so you can reply to this, but I won't. I will put a lol into my post just to strengthen it up for me. Lol.
And you know that for sure right? Play on

Can't wait to hear how Timmy Watson spins the ablett hit this week

I had no issue with him getting off last week.

This week was far more intentional... They can't really go with he hasn't been suspended excuse this week (which I think was fair last week, it should mean something) because the AFL will just say, well he was suspended last week and got off on an appeal using the same excuse. He can't use the same excuse every week. Otherwise he gets off on everything because you gave him a get of jail card for life.

Chris Scott (again) passing comment on what the outcome should be at first opportunity:

"I disagree with you, I didn't think it looked (similar) at all," Scott said in response to a question about comparing the Shiel and Wright incidents.

"Have a look at the chart, back your opinion around what constitutes a reportable offence and significant contact and then go from there.

But I'd be surprised, unless you're keen on making it a bigger issue than what it is, that you'd come to the conclusion that he'd anything to worry about.

Because it is clear that the MRO have decided anything like a raised forearm usually results in an intentional classification.

"But I think the emphasis there is on 'usually', he's not compelled at all, if I read his explanation properly."

Where does this campaigner get off repeatedly trying to influence the outcomes of the MRP and when is he going to get told to pull his head in?

It’s unbelievable for a coach to be given a free pass to keep making comments and judgment on what the league should/will do and what the outcome should/will be for his players.

The way he (in particular) and his brother play the media is a joke.
Yet, the media love it because it isn't cliche'd drivel.

I defended Gaz last time but this is a stupid, reckless act.

I had no issue with him getting off last week.

This week was far more intentional... They can't really go with he hasn't been suspended excuse this week (which I think was fair last week, it should mean something) because the AFL will just say, well he was suspended last week and got off on an appeal using the same excuse. He can't use the same excuse every week. Otherwise he gets off on everything because you gave him a get of jail card for life.
The most likely way I see Scablett getting off is if Michael Christian at the behest of Hocking pulls out the Insufficient Force card, the same one they used for Goodes and Franklin in a Swans jumper. Lucky the perp's name isn't Cousins or it'd be 1-2 weeks minimum!

So they are running with Shiel stayed down for at least 15 seconds whereas Wright got straight back up, hence insufficient force.

Meanwhile player x clashes heads with Rohan which results in him sitting out the game, so player x is looking at two weeks because he apparently “chose” to go the bump even though the clash of heads was accidental and player x had no other option available :drunk:

So they are running with Shiel stayed down for at least 15 seconds whereas Wright got straight back up, hence insufficient force.

Meanwhile player x clashes heads with Rohan which results in him sitting out the game, so player x is looking at two weeks because he apparently “chose” to go the bump even though the clash of heads was accidental and player x had no other option available :drunk:
Nail on head.
OTC drops mic and walks.

1557697112598.png

I would have thought the day that * started sticking needles with unknown substances into the arms of their entire playing list would be a better starting point if we are talking about the death of integrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to bring out the " potential to cause serious injury" clause.
High raised forearm to the jaw to an on coming player, seriously could have messed the guy up.

He's literally 3 inches away from copping a month, but I reckon there's enough wriggle room for Judge Gerard to work with there.

But he has an impeccable record, never been suspended. They can use that argument again right?

Such a s**t argument that's allowed to be used, because we're assuming the MRP/MRO/Tribunal have integrity and consistency. A lot of players have been unfairely suspended and will have the benefit of doubt against them in 50-50 cases due to their previous record.

The fact the tribunal doesn't allow precedence for their cases is a joke and allows them to do whatever they want based on the players profile.

He's literally 3 inches away from copping a month, but I reckon there's enough wriggle room for Judge Gerard to work with there.
Did you read the title of the thread SB?

Is that Bomber whispering to Gary 'don't worry I've got some ice for you for later'
He's responding to Gary's "I figgin hate playing with these spuds, I try and win a grand final and these losers stuff it up for me. I feel so much like my father right now."

To which Bomber replied "Wait until Gold Coast form. Then you'll really see how it feels to play with a bunch of losers."

To which Gary replied "Will they pay me enough? I can lose for money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back