MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but your intention was to kill in the first place. Ablett's intention was to hurt. Durdin's was to make room for his team mate. He shouldn't be penalized for accidentally hurting him. Abblett should go. It appears the exact opposite will happen. And that is pretty ****** IMHO
you need to understand the consequences if the AFL fail to act on concussion. There are over 2000 claims in the NFL, the first 200 paid out totaled something like 150 mil.

It's a simple fact now, if you chose to bump and it results in a concussion then you are in trouble.

Accidental head clash
Looked more like players getting to ball at same time than choosing to bump.
If garner goes for that then there is something seriously wrong with the game. They both went for the ball and clashed heads accidentally. What would happen if Garner went off with concussion? Would Stewart be cited? I have no problem with players getting suspended for intentional hits but anything that is accidental should be viewed as just that, accidental. Footy is a contact sport, injuries will occur.

And I can already see Durdin getting suspended for a perfect shepherd. He didn't even leave the ground. He did nothing wrong, accidents happen. We are getting to a stage where sooner rather than later players are going to second guess about going for the ball in fear that they might make contact with an opponent and it will become a non contact sport.

And I am tired of hearing about GAJ being a ball player only and how he has this exemplary record and in no way should he be suspended because of it, well I didn't realise that Wright's head and Shiel's head were balls. And he only has an exemplary record because when he should have been suspended they let him off. Now can you imagine if replace Ablett with Garner or Dangerfield with Durdin in the above situations? The media would be outraged that they would even be cited and would be calling on Scott Morrison to call a royal commission on how this could possibly happen.

you need to understand the consequences if the AFL fail to act on concussion. There are over 2000 claims in the NFL, the first 200 paid out totaled something like 150 mil.

It's a simple fact now, if you chose to bump and it results in a concussion then you are in trouble.

It's a contact sport. Everyone who plays it knows the risks. It's the choice of the individual as to whether or not they are willing to take the risk, because no-one is forcing them to play.

Jockeys never sue. They know the risks and they cop injuries when it turns out bad.

I've said this before, but if I was involved in AFL administration at a high level, I would require all players to signs waivers on the basis that they know, understand and willingly take the risk of injury, including brain injury.

The NFL is symptomatic of the blame shifting culture in the US. They shouldn't have had to pay out a cent.

We are getting to a stage where sooner rather than later players are going to second guess about going for the ball in fear that they might make contact with an opponent and it will become a non contact sport.

Rapidly approaching this.

Sigh......

I understand what you're saying and can't dispute the assessment, but * me , if I don't long for the days where personal choice was considered and accounted for.

It's a contact sport. Everyone who plays it knows the risks. It's the choice of the individual as to whether or not they are willing to take the risk, because no-one is forcing them to play.

Jockeys never sue. They know the risks and they cop injuries when it turns out bad.

I've said this before, but if I was involved in AFL administration at a high level, I would require all players to signs waivers on the basis that they know, understand and willingly take the risk of injury, including brain injury.

The NFL is symptomatic of the blame shifting culture in the US. They shouldn't have had to pay out a cent.
This.

All of this.

How is there not a simple disclaimer being signed by players not the answer to this.

For the entirety of this game being hurt hs been a potential outcome.

If the AFL are seriously concerned about litigation how is their not some legalese disclaimer about potential for injury within every player contract?

Duty of care should be present, but it is a contact sport and rules will not prevent accidents.

A disclaimer would indemnify the AFL.
How is this not the most straight forward and logical solution?

KOs happen in sport, some of them it is the aim. Sports like UFC continue and yet we're fundamentally altering the game due to potential outcomes.

It's nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe. My guess is that the AFL are acting on advise of some rather knowledgeable lawyer type folk. But that's just a hunch.

If you watch it slowly the ball bounces up towards Garner away from Stewart unexpectedly and he dives forward and low to grab it.
3 weeks and Ablett gets given a week in credit :)

Games ****ed, anything is possible with the MRO and Tribunal.

The fact that Durdin is even being discussed as a suspension, shows how far this game has gone down the toilet.

Ahhhh na mate. It's a business that make's money from advertising. Injuries are not wholesome viewing and interfere with product placement. The game MUST make way for money. All hail your Disney masters!!!!

Ahhhh na mate. It's a business that make's money from advertising. Injuries are not wholesome viewing and interfere with product placement. The game MUST make way for money. All hail your Disney masters!!!!
Surely more injuries allows for more advertising on the free-to-air channels!!!

Durdin was not so lucky and will potentially miss North Melbourne's game with Sydney.

The Kangaroos defender went to block Rohan as he attempted to tackle, but the two clashed heads in an incident that concussed the Cats forward.

The incident was graded by Christian as careless conduct with medium impact to the head, equating to a one-match ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back