Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, looks like someone that the players reckon is a '**** bloke' :think:.
What a lot of rubbish. If he had character issues bad enough to stop him getting a game he wouldn't even be on the list anymore.
It's obvious that the players know that he should be playing. Their reaction to his goal was the best I have seen.

Which part of 13% forward efficiency doesn’t Hinkley get FFS? It’s all well and good to have “forward pressure” but it’s f@&king pointless if it doesn’t generate goals.

Scoreboard pressure Ken, scoreboard pressure is what’s important. If AJ isn’t scoring himself or contributing to others doing so then his inclusion is futile. Get him out of the side and sign him up for fat camp while you’re at it.

AJ was possibly the worst selection ever. It was like the coach picking his own son just because...

AJ was possibly the worst selection ever. It was like the coach picking his own son just because...
We will be talking about this selection for a long time. It's as though Hinkley reads BF then does exactly what we don't want see on purpose. There is a name for people like that, escapes me atm but I'm sure you guys will have many descriptions that fit well.;)

That kicking action... so good.

Get him the **** into our lineup Kern, you stubborn old goat.

And the lead straight at the ball carrier. 200cm of rampant mini-Carl Ditterich coming straight at you, taking the ball one grab in front of the eyes.

Redden Rd 2 2015 and AJ Rd 8 2018 will go down in history as woeful selections will be talked about for decades.

Which part of 13% forward efficiency doesn’t Hinkley get FFS? It’s all well and good to have “forward pressure” but it’s f@&king pointless if it doesn’t generate goals.

Scoreboard pressure Ken, scoreboard pressure is what’s important. If AJ isn’t scoring himself or contributing to others doing so then his inclusion is futile. Get him out of the side and sign him up for fat camp while you’re at it.

It’s kind of hard when Adelaide is constantly keeping two players back at all times. We needed smart players who could deliver inside 50 effectively. We had none.

I don’t think Johnson has the best game, but I wouldn’t mind it if he had another crack. Most of it was cohesion issues IMO.

Koch, KT and Davies went to Ken's house and made him the 3 year offer that weekend after we lost the EF. It was their decison, they have to own it.

Those 3 have backed the wrong horse, and they know it.

100% agree and is the absolute centre of our Club's malaise.

At some point it will be easier to sack the coach.

I think they can ignore us for a while longer yet, and the losses, but when the $$$$$$ start biting due to lack of attendances then this can be there in to do what they seemingly can't do at the minute, it will be the excuse they need - not to mention the reality if we are losing money again.

They act like it's such a massive risk to give him a game, it really is silly. What's the worst thing that can happen, it doesn't work? Like what we're operating with now?
Essentially it comes down to Billy being too tall. That's it.
— Ken, our current forward set-up is not working...
— I know. I know!
— Perhaps, we should try something different.
— Shoot me your idea. We have been making changes for a while now, but it is not improving. When we think it is beginning to turn around, it reverts back to type. What can we do to fix this for good?
— We could try Frampton...
— OK... But who would come out?
— I was thinking Motlop. Still, we could give Drew a rest, if we want to keep Motlop's experience on the side.
— But that would completely change our forward set-up!
— Ken, our current forward set-up is not working...
— I know. I know!
— Perhaps...

That kicking action... so good.

Get him the **** into our lineup Kern, you stubborn old goat.

It’s kind of hard when Adelaide is constantly keeping two players back at all times. We needed smart players who could deliver inside 50 effectively. We had none.

I don’t think Johnson has the best game, but I wouldn’t mind it if he had another crack. Most of it was cohesion issues IMO.
Like i said three weeks ago, we will flounder as it all opens up for the customers with their draw.

I think they can ignore us for a while longer yet, and the losses, but when the $$$$$$ start biting due to lack of attendances then this can be there in to do what they seemingly can't do at the minute, it will be the excuse they need - not to mention the reality if we are losing money again.
Ken has an injury excuse now to cover his poor results.
To me injuries sure do make a difference but you should still have some sort of game plan and structured set ups, no excuse kern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy has been stamped as a 'shitt bloke' by some within our club.

In Kenny's Stepford BoysTown, you either play by the rules our you don't play.

Standards are one thing, but we're here to win games.

#freebilly
I had the same confirmed to me yesterday by a former employee of the club.
I was told “Billy doesn’t help himself with his attitude”.

What’s worse is that Hinkley’s still justifying the decision days after it proved to be an abject failure, so it seems like we’ll all have the pleasure of watching Flubber collect another 10 anonymous possessions and 0.0 this weekend.

Like i said three weeks ago, we will flounder as it all opens up for the customers with their draw.

Nah.

Adelaide is flooding players back to compensate for their lack of speed in defence. You can only do that on smaller grounds, and only for a limited amount of time before they fatigue.

And when Hinkley finally moved Howard forward suddenly it wasn’t so hard.

As long as he marks the footy and kicks goals is what matters.
I am sure Plugger, Ablett and Fev were not always complient off field but they sure showed how talented they were on field.

Besides I don't like Kens attitude but he gets a gig every week and contract extensions without anything indicating that he deserves it.

Last edited:
And when Hinkley finally moved Howard forward suddenly it wasn’t so hard.

Howard has AFL forward speed. It’s why I’d rather Westhoff go back until Dixon returns.

Any idea what that attitude might be?
Billy's 'attitude' has him playing his heart out at SANFL level fighting for a spot in the side despite watching players like AJ getting a call up before him.

Yep, spot on:thumbsu:

Nah.

Adelaide is flooding players back to compensate for their lack of speed in defence. You can only do that on smaller grounds, and only for a limited amount of time before they fatigue.
If you mean Adelaide is not that good, well I agree, that's why I am more annoyed that we made them look much better than they are, I don't rate them.

Billy's 'attitude' has him playing his heart out at SANFL level fighting for a spot in the side despite watching players like AJ getting a call up before him.
He didn’t elaborate unfortunately but made it sound that Billy’s cards have been marked for a long time, which makes it all the more remarkable he is still on our list.

Only guessing but it could be as simple as a personality clash with Ken, I sort of felt this way, when I heard Ken replying to a media question about John Butcher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back