Prediction Changes vs Hawksthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

Fine with Broadbent still in the team. Has played well since coming back, used the ball well. One bad moment against the crows. Garner played a decent first game after starting slow against a a side that hardly got the ball in their forward 50. It wasn’t like he set the world on fire.

Against Hawthorn can’t blame ken for going for experience. There isn’t a lot there in the backline. Wet conditions slow the game down a bit so suits Broady really well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased for Ladhams, disappointed for Garner.

Burton will probably tip Broady out next week.

Looking forward to see what 2.04 metre Peter does at the top level. Exciting to see him get his chance.

I’d prefer a defence with both Burton and Hartlett in it. DBJ and Broadbent can go out.

Yeah I'm cool with that. DBJ looks a lot better working further up the ground. I wouldn't be opposed to him playing on the wing depending on how Amon's form holds up. Motlop should be on thin ice too.

Good week to rest up and manage Lycett before the long trip to China... also giving Ladhams a crack against a second string hawks ruck department should also get him on the plane to China as an insurance policy!

It’s great to see our injury list finally start to slim down!

Big Dix back on the track is awesome!

Now, now. There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for retaining Broadbent over Garner.

Too many exciting, young players in the side would result in supporters becoming excited, which would see an increase in their levels of optimism, which would place greater expectations upon the shoulders of Ken 'Superman' Hinkley, who is known to loath the pressure of delivering success.

By maintaining as much of the old guard as possible, he can drag out our 'not a rebuild', and cruise through the remainder of his contract with another excuse in hand.

Last edited:
In further "Ken doesn't give a **** about structure" news, remember a few weeks ago when we were running with Boak, Rocky, Wines, SPP and Drew as inside midfielders? Now we've lost Wines, dropped Drew and replaced him with Atley, and then dropped Atley. So either we're planning on using Robbie as a midfielder more (which I'd be quite happy with) or Ken has thrown structure out the window to pick the players he likes again (which I'd be very annoyed by, but unfortunately given Ken's history I wouldn't be at all surprised by).

I'm a massive Ken critic but moving away from the former midfield setup is the right thing to do. We had too many inside mids and it was hurting us. The balance we have in the side right now is pretty close to spot on, though I'd be inclined to drop a small in the forward line for a mobile tall like Marshall or Dixon once he's healthy.

I like that we're giving Ladhams a crack, but I am nervous that it'll leave us vulnerable in ruck. It's extremely hard not to pick a player playing as well as he is, but his form doesn't have me 100% convinced he will make the SANFL to AFL jump easily just yet.
Clearly statistically as the #1 clearance differential team vs the #18th team, I'd really hope we pressed that home with Paddy as #1 ruck. So even though Marshall has been bad pretty much all year, I thought he made a bit more sense as an in.
Ladhams could adjust well, but he's likely to take a while, and I suspect will get beaten in the actual hit outs, so I hope his inclusion doesn't impact the result, he plays well and we still manage to dominate the clearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back