Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tweeted the club, Matthew Richardson and Koch and I would suggest everyone else does the same thing. They need some heat for trying to steer the narrative away on this. What the **** are they afraid of?
Absolutely essential. Twitter users need to be active on this one. Like and retweet any and all responses that are "calling out" the club on the use of the "black and white stripes" option.

There is no way this is accidental. Re-tweeting is important to spread the message.

It's also important to be direct, but respectful in your messaging.

According to the club the wording on the survey is down to the academic writing it doing so without context of a Port fan and using that language we are familiar with.

The survey will be updated with appropriate Port Adelaide terminology.

This is plausible and a fair fix from the club.

View attachment 702023
Seriously? They couldn’t use the one of the names EVERYONE uses for the guernsey.

Make sure you vote appropriately people or you might end up with option 1.
Just reread this and what even is the second option? It's literally not a jumper we've ever worn and would be a triple chevron? Man just keep tallying up the amateur efforts from this club.

According to the club the wording on the survey is down to the academic writing it doing so without context of a Port fan and using that language we are familiar with.

So this is an admission by the Club that stuff goes out unvetted with their brand on it.

It’s plausible but I’m sceptical. And even if it was contracted out, wouldn’t it make sense to proof read it before sending it out?

Edit: LR beat me to it. Either way it’s amateur hour.

It's plausible but begs some questions:

1. What kind of academic, in charge of devising a survey, does not understand the context of the questions being asked?
2. Who provided the options to the academic? They clearly did not just make them them up.
3. Why is an 'academic' sending out a member survey that has not been checked or proofed by someone within the club?

Ponder those questions and you start to see that the club is full of s**t.

There is no academic.

That's entirely plausible. Also, it's a failure of proofing.

Academics that know how to survey but don't know the nuances of Port Adelaide FC will * things up as we have seen here. The portal the club used for the survey must not allow pictures because a visual of the guernsey would have been waaaayyy better than an inaccurate description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club's explanation is plausible. And the person checking the survey before it goes out would be a low level marketing officer, not KT or Koch. They've fixed the error, no problem from my end.
They’ve ‘fixed’ (supposedly) an error that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Big problem from my end.

Standards at the Club are unacceptable for an organisation that used to tell us they were in pursuit of excellence.

Obviously they came to a fork in the road and took the wrong turn.

So the ol produce a survey question to get the response you want trick ey.

What the hell is going on at Queen St ?

It is either a deliberate attempt to produce a result or there is absolutely no process in place to review anything that goes to the public.

Given the errors and misjudgements etc that have gone out in pretty well every piece of communication over the last few months it may be the latter.

You may argue that yeah but you are so angry you are not going to like anything that comes out.

BS I say I long for and want to congratulate and praise the club when I can as do many of us.

What happened to best practice, employer of choice, medocity doesn't live here etc.

I think more than toilet rolls are being left on the floor at the moment.

I don't accept the faceless academic blaming for a second.

The club emailed out a survey with some VERY suspect wording given the current supporter climate. The options are the following:

1) They were trying to deliberately muddy the waters regarding an issue they aren't good enough to take a stance on

2) They care so little about the opinion of the members that they don't even care what the wording of the survey is because they aren't going to act on the results, so they've outsourced it and not proofread.

I don't accept the faceless academic blaming for a second.

The club emailed out a survey with some VERY suspect wording given the current supporter climate. The options are the following:

1) They were trying to deliberately muddy the waters regarding an issue they aren't good enough to take a stance on

2) They care so little about the opinion of the members that they don't even care what the wording of the survey is because they aren't going to act on the results, so they've outsourced it and not proofread.
The Club outsources more stuff than they would ever dare to admit. This is not unusual, perilous as it is. However, a club that has produced the alternative revenue streams they should have, a club that has the personnel structure/s in place they should have, a club that has truly made itself a premiership-winning destination club both on- and off-field they should have ... would not have this or any booby trap in the fabric of their existence.

‘Should have’ ... there I go with my own taboo terminology. The situation is dire.

It’s plausible but I’m sceptical. And even if it was contracted out, wouldn’t it make sense to proof read it before sending it out?

Edit: LR beat me to it. Either way it’s amateur hour.
It makes sense to me. They have contracted everything else out to people who dont understand our history and traditions.

Chairman..
CEO...
Coach...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been drawn to another piece of history to protect our own PAFC history
6076f201826c8f0b6069972ffed82755.jpg

"Canary Yellow?" - thats Australian Gold my friend & don't you f*cking forget it....

"Black & White Stripes?" - thats The Prison Bars my friend & don't you f*cking forget it....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Noticed that s**t show when I filled in the survey that I get each year with my wifes name on it lol. I dunno wtf happened with our membership accounts but anyway that read to me like a baked in survey results basically going for the "Look it's clear that our new members have embraced the new Port Adelaide with 55% voting for BiB" etc. I had to read it 3 times to be sure that it meant the PB. It's OK the rest of my answers basically were telling them to get the * out of their bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back