Preview Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Saturday 13/07/19 @ 4:35 PM

Will we?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be interesting to see how we plan for this one.

Goldy is going to pants us in the ruck so do we drop Z.C. and just concede?
Given they'll disproportionately get first use we need read Goldy and put Clarke on Cunnington to try and even up the contest.

They have been playing some brutal footy the last month, boys need to be primed for the physicality in the midfield

Pace will be our key - can we set up to get it online and move effectively?

Any chance of BZT in for Z.C. which sees Hooker/McKernan in the ruck?

Can't see us dropping Z Clarke. Reckon we need McKernan to play a lot of time forward to really stretch them. Plus I'm hoping he can compete with Goldstein like he was able to when up against Gawn earlier in the year. Doubt Goldstein uses the same unconventional tactics which caused him so much trouble vs Allir.

Norf won't sustain the brutal intensity for that much longer. We'll have to absorb everything they throw at us, then pounce when they tire.

It'll be another grind, so I hope the boys are ready!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever is in the ruck should be under instruction to just whack Goldstein's arm.
Why stop at his arm, old fashion knee to the thigh does wonders for mobility.
While we're at it someone needs to cover Cunnington, or recruit him.

The Football Gods are watching so closely I feel their gimlet eye upon me as I type.

All I will say is yes, apart from actual September action, games like this ARE our Grand Final for the year.

Someone please tell the metho drinkers down at Tigerland who have deluded themselves into thinking we care about them as much as I suspect you do.

North preview thread already hilarious.

Good folk those North Melbourne lot. Even got the tins out a rattlin' to get one of their brethren a $4k laptop. Top stuff!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cant see Z.Clarke being dropped. Hopefully the more traditional approach to rucking adopted by Goldy will suit Clarke (Aliir embarrassed him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back