Votes: 26 26.3%
  • The Fog plays in the firsts!

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • TYson Stengle debuts!

Votes: 57 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Gallucci was out with concussion, but he’s playing SANFL.

So DMac retained but Gallucci dropped and paying the price for an abomination of a midfield.

This f....g club
Our selection is woeful but I'd probably still have dropped Gallucci anyway and I say that as a fan of the Gooch.

Clurey has kept many big forwards quiet this year and would be in the AA squad at the very least. Hawkins went without a mark for the first time.
Hawkins was still in a food coma after the bye

We've given Gallucci plenty of time and he hasn't done enough. Fair enough to drop him. Recycling Knight in his place though is an unexciting waste. Pointless exercise. He's has more chances than Gallucci and has been even more disappointing.

Mackay still in is as stupid as it is inevitable. Will he play as a forward tagger on Harbrow? One last desperate attempt to find a role he's not abysmal in.

Him staying in shows that deep down the club just doesn't care.

Our selection is woeful but I'd probably still have dropped Gallucci anyway and I say that as a fan of the Gooch.
So you’d play a 32 year old DMac knowing there’s no possible improvement in him, instead of a talented youngster who needs games.

Not to mention an atrocious midfield.

Nope let’s have a youngster pay the price

We've given Gallucci plenty of time and he hasn't done enough. Fair enough to drop him. Recycling Knight in his place though is an unexciting waste. Pointless exercise. He's has more chances than Gallucci and has been even more disappointing.

Mackay still in is as stupid as it is inevitable. Will he play as a forward tagger on Harbrow? One last desperate attempt to find a role he's not abysmal in.

Him staying in shows that deep down the club just doesn't care.
He was good enough for selection last week, and he was denied a chance at a full game via concussion.

But sure let’s give DMac a run v GCS and see if we can run him into 2009 form

How many injuries have we had at training in the last month or so?

Milera
Lynch
CEY
McHenry
McAdam

Did we ramp training up too much around the bye week?

He was good enough for selection last week, and he was denied a chance at a full game via concussion.

But sure let’s give DMac a run v GCS and see if we can run him into 2009 form
Mackay should be dropped from the SANFL team but Gallucci has been dreadful in every single game this season. Looks a bust. Very worrying

Last year was an underachieving disaster with a decent list.

Making the finals is par.

This year has been as big a disaster so far, the reason being we haven't learned anything.

So you’d play a 32 year old DMac knowing there’s no possible improvement in him, instead of a talented youngster who needs games.

Not to mention an atrocious midfield.

Nope let’s have a youngster pay the price
God no. It's not an endorsement of Mackay at all. Sooner he's out of the side the better. You've got to be fair though. If I'm going to complain of gold passes, would be hypocritical to let Gooch slide when his form has been pretty mediocre all year.

I thought Gallucci was out with concussion, but he’s playing SANFL.

So DMac retained but Gallucci dropped and paying the price for an abomination of a midfield.

This f....g club
Gallucci sucked in that second half

Mackay should be dropped from the SANFL team but Gallucci has been dreadful in every single game this season. Looks a bust. Very worrying

If he was good enough to be selected last week, how do you form the rationale that the concussion cost him the job? It's the same bizzare thing that we did with Jones.

The lack of a consistent logic is more concerning than just getting decisions wrong. Presumably we have been selecting Gooch because we're of the view that he needs games to develop and is worth investing in.

So our premiership contention ends, and that becomes less worthwhile?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I'd rather miss the eight this year to further drive home the message we need changes in the coaching line-up, selection policy, game plan and list.

I am so sick to death of this Crows make the eight and get embarrassed in a semi-final routine. Not again!
New coach in, #1 KPI, make the finals.

Scott Burns put himself out of the running for the top job back in 2011 the minute he said we'd need a rebuild.

Dreadful?

V GWS 18 poss, 8 marks, 5 score involvements, 4 I50’s, 2 goal assists, 202m gained

V Melb 13 poss, 9 score involvements, 6 I50’s, 3 goal assists, 1 goal, 378m gained

V Richmond 14 poss, 6 marks, 6 score involvements, 5 I50’s, 2 goal assists, 321m gained

Could he be getting more of the ball? Sure. But he’s not getting key midfield minutes, as always with our kids he’s being shunted to high half forward.

And I’d take 10-15 Gallucci possessions in front of some other players 32 backward handballs.

Characterising him as “dreadful” highlights the wafer thin analysis so many apply which favours high possession numbers and not much else.

Dreadful?

V GWS 18 poss, 8 marks, 5 score involvements, 4 I50’s, 2 goal assists, 202m gained

V Melb 13 poss, 9 score involvements, 6 I50’s, 3 goal assists, 1 goal, 378m gained

V Richmond 14 poss, 6 marks, 6 score involvements, 5 I50’s, 2 goal assists, 321m gained

Could he be getting more of the ball? Sure. But he’s not getting key midfield minutes, as always with our kids he’s being shunted to high half forward.

And I’d take 10-15 Gallucci possessions in front of some other players 32 backward handballs.

Characterising him as “dreadful” highlights the wafer thin analysis so many apply which favours high possession numbers and not much else.
He doesn't get the ball himself or pressure the opposition (his tackle numbers are diabolical)

Sure we're getting just about every other selection decision wrong and picking Mackay ahead of him (or anyone else on the list) is ridiculous but this is a rare good call.

(I take STOs point that he should have been dropped last week if his form was so bad)

Do you think he's going to be a good AFL player?

e
He doesn't get the ball himself or pressure the opposition (his tackle numbers are diabolical)

Sure we're getting just about every other selection decision wrong and picking Mackay ahead of him (or anyone else on the list) is ridiculous but this is a rare good call.

(I take STOs point that he should have been dropped last week if his form was so bad)

Do you think he's going to be a good AFL player?
It’s a pretty pointless discussion if you’re just going to ignore his actual numbers and what he has been bringing.

If you think his games v GWS and Melb were dreadful then I really don’t know what to tell you.

And for the record, yes, I’ve seen plenty to suggest he will be a good player and it’s a ridiculous call to drop him IMO.

Back