WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen Orden having meetings with AFL Victoria over behaviour. They’d want to pull their heads in around there if they don’t want to fold again.

I watched their game on the weekend and there was not a single incident of any nature so I wasn’t from the weekend just gone

I watched their game on the weekend and there was not a single incident of any nature so I wasn’t from the weekend just gone

Meeting was before this weekend. They’ll be on their best behaviour whilst AFL Victoria are watching, but as soon as they get off their backs they’ll revert back To their typical behaviour. Hopefully AFL Victoria stock around and ensure the joint is cleaned up of the riff raff.

Meeting was before this weekend. They’ll be on their best behaviour whilst AFL Victoria are watching, but as soon as they get off their backs they’ll revert back To their typical behaviour. Hopefully AFL Victoria stock around and ensure the joint is cleaned up of the riff raff.

When we played them one of our players was king hit in front of an umpire who did nothing. Rest of the game was not bad nothing worth complaining about. I think a lot comes back to umpires taking control early to minimise any possible incidents like this happening. Plus 1 terrible act by a player doesn’t represent an entire football club
Someone must have complained for them to be on afl Vic radar

When we played them one of our players was king hit in front of an umpire who did nothing. Rest of the game was not bad nothing worth complaining about. I think a lot comes back to umpires taking control early to minimise any possible incidents like this happening. Plus 1 terrible act by a player doesn’t represent an entire football club

1 king hit is to many mate. And I disagree as the club needs to take responsibility and set guidelines. Still a few clubs in every league still tolerating poor people and some clubs actually encourage it.
So after the king hit did his coach take him off the ground?

King hit but not one of your blokes jumped in?...
didn’t you blokes first time you played them have a guy get sent of and jump the fence and try and fight the coaches?..

King hit but not one of your blokes jumped in?...
didn’t you blokes first time you played them have a guy get sent of and jump the fence and try and fight the coaches?..

Not to sure what happened first time wasn’t there and first time I’ve heard this.. are u denying #23 king hit one of our players? Jump in? We don’t play footy to fight mate. Was a piss poor effort and bloke should have been sent off. Think he was sent off later on in the game for another incident anyways.
The point I was making is one player does not represent a footy club wasn’t bagging GlenOrden just hate seeing that sort of stuff on a footy field

Last edited:
That’s what I remember about WRFL div3 footy. 👊👊😂😂

Mate I’ve been around the wrfl for 25+ years and at the moment its cleanest it’s ever been. Fights were a certainty every game now I can count on one hand the times I’ve seen fights on the ground in the last 5 years. Think credit must go to clubs who are becoming more professional and stamping out thugs

Not to sure what happened first time wasn’t there and first time I’ve heard this.. are u denying #23 king hit one of our players? Jump in? We don’t play footy to fight mate. Was a piss poor effort and bloke should have been sent off. Think he was sent off later on in the game for another incident anyways.
The point I was making is one player does not represent a footy club wasn’t bagging GlenOrden just hate seeing that sort of stuff on a footy field
100% wasn’t a king hit. Like you say if it was infront of the umpire he would of been sent off.
But it’s easy to throw silly comments around here and get away with them
We both know any club seen one of players get king hit..players would be in to defend There team mate

100% wasn’t a king hit. Like you say if it was infront of the umpire he would of been sent off.
But it’s easy to throw silly comments around here and get away with them
We both know any club seen one of players get king hit..players would be in to defend There team mate

Bloke got smashed in the face when not looking in my books that’s a king hit 🤷‍♂️
Mate It was 10 meters away from our bench I seen exactly what happened as I was on the bench. Was a stoppage in play so wasn’t in any contest, bloke cops a broken nose. Funny thing the bloke took exception to being called a dog after it.
Boys did the right thing and retaliated the right way by smashing them on the score board.
I don’t throw silly comments around mate I call it as I see it
Was just disappointed to see this sort of stuff still happening in this day and age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never attend a Div 3 game with certain clubs participating after what I witnessed in a game last season. King hits, deliberate violent head high tackles, late bumps all to players just playing the game as it should be played. Not one report or send off and it all happened in full view of two umpires. Credit to the team for not retaliating otherwise it would've got very nasty. I actually grabbed the family and left just before the final siren in fear of what my kids could have potentially witnessed. Pathetic leadership by the offending clubs coaching staff and committee for allowing this behaviour.

Jeez, hard to imagine. They’ve been fine with us.

Mate I’ve been around the wrfl for 25+ years and at the moment its cleanest it’s ever been. Fights were a certainty every game now I can count on one hand the times I’ve seen fights on the ground in the last 5 years. Think credit must go to clubs who are becoming more professional and stamping out thugs

Absolutely concur Karim, I've been around the WRFL for over 30 years umpiring and involved at club level and have watched a lot of WRFL footy. Is definitely the cleanest it's been since I've followed it but reputations are easy to get but difficult to shake.

I'll never attend a Div 3 game with certain clubs participating after what I witnessed in a game last season. King hits, deliberate violent head high tackles, late bumps all to players just playing the game as it should be played. Not one report or send off and it all happened in full view of two umpires. Credit to the team for not retaliating otherwise it would've got very nasty. I actually grabbed the family and left just before the final siren in fear of what my kids could have potentially witnessed. Pathetic leadership by the offending clubs coaching staff and committee for allowing this behaviour.
Not going to name them clubs?

Well that’s incorrect they played finals the year Parkside won the flag and lost be a kick to tarneit
Lol I know couple of the boys that play down there they’re actually good friends of mine. They played in senior finals 2013 and 2017. Their reserves have gone back to back finals appearances in the last couple years. For a team that doesn’t pay players they go alright.

1 king hit is to many mate. And I disagree as the club needs to take responsibility and set guidelines. Still a few clubs in every league still tolerating poor people and some clubs actually encourage it.
So after the king hit did his coach take him off the ground?
They king hit a shfc player last year Jarrad Nielsen who now plays at braybrook for $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back