Rd 21 Preview / Discussion (dedicated to JuddgementDay)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentlemen and women. campaigners. Esteemed members of the SC board. I.... have made it. The top 100 :moustache:
View attachment 724772

giphy.gif

How does this work?
I know I've lost 2 league matches, but somehow I've won 9/10 leagues - something's wrong here!

BTW 2402 got me to 608, basically held ground this week

11th overall drop 1 spot

Hoping to get back in the top 10, next week

Still in the finals in three leagues, out in straight sets in the other
That's a great feat
GL - any chance to catch the leaders?

Which one of you is "Powered by Coffee"? I'm playing you in 3 Prelims this week and I would like to start the mind games early. :)

That would be me :cool:.

Scored a whopping 2242! I had 11 scored between 40 and 90, including Neale's 85 as captain :(

New recruit Dusty and best performing forward Lycett rotting on my bench didn't help

Dropped ~800, now outside the top 2k. Hopefully get lucky and sneak back into the top 2k, which I'll be pretty happy with considering I was ranked 90k after round 1 and had to trade like a ******* to try and correct my terrible starting side. Boy oh boy I've made some shocking trade decisions this year. A few lessons learnt for next year though...

giphy.gif
It just wasnt your week
Dusty & Neale combo - who would have thought!

I don’t get caught up too much on all the stats etc but the 30 point difference between Oliver and treloar puzzled me a lot on weekend going off stats.

Anyone have any insights on that?

This. So much THIS!

And no CD supporting campaigner can give me that superior DE % crap that CD hold such in high esteem, as Treloar's was worse than Oliver's.

2422, through to the Prelim in Bev Hills.

Let's face it, it's the only SC league worth talking about.

Until I lose next week.

View attachment 724868
Feast your eyes on this scintillating semifinal ultra faults.

Don't worry about your team, how that kent manages to have Mihocek, Perryman and Edwards in his is beyond a joke.

I assume he just traded Edwards in, as he has been thrown into the middle over the past two weeks - so that is astute, yet risky trading - but the rest? Come on.

Yepp. Zorko murdered me this week. How the hell can 3 out of my 5 league opponents have Zorko ? …and when I saw this with him under an injury cloud I was pretty cocky this week.

Hang in there. Could be a brilliant last cpl of rounds. Either way its a great season.

Makes you wonder how people have such massive PODs, and how much luck plays into it, no matter how you are travelling overall and over the course of the season.

Thanks mate, you too! Let's hope we finish off strong! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t get caught up too much on all the stats etc but the 30 point difference between Oliver and treloar puzzled me a lot on weekend going off stats.

This. So much THIS!

And no CD supporting campaigner can give me that superior DE % crap that CD hold such in high esteem, as Treloar's was worse than Oliver's.
Treloar's points kept going up in the final quarter because CD had already started scaling, as they do in games that are over early. They obviously thought his performance in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when Pies took the lead and dominated the game was vital, so they started scaling him up. I don't agree, but that's how they do it. Like junking it up in the final minutes of a dead game often results in hardly any points.

I'm well past being frustrated at CD, the scoring is absolutely ****ed this year. They don't even follow the scoring matrix anymore, everything that happens is scored randomly on the spot, based on what impact it has on the game. It used to be more linear

I'm no expert on how CD works, so in guessing that despite the stats, CD seem to be indicating that Oliver's possessions in this game didn't result in any meaniful benifit to his side or wern't part of a chain that lead to scoring opportunites where as Trelore's may of been... also Trelore may of been dominant in the period of the game where Collingwood essentially 'won' the game considerring Melbourne's goals late had no impact on the result.

I didn't see this game myself but what happens in a chain of possession that a player had involvment in seems to play a part in how many points thay receive.
Though it's just observational gueswork on my behalf.

How good was that Matt Crouch bump on Sloane? :)

Wasn't a bad ol hit. Don't think he's going to be missing any games though.

That Brayshaw though, never lived up to the lofty heights expected of him!

Treloar's points kept going up in the final quarter because CD had already started scaling, as they do in games that are over early. They obviously thought his performance in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when Pies took the lead and dominated the game was vital, so they started scaling him up. I don't agree, but that's how they do it. Like junking it up in the final minutes of a dead game often results in hardly any points.

I'm well past being frustrated at CD, the scoring is absolutely f’ed this year. They don't even follow the scoring matrix anymore, everything that happens is scored randomly on the spot, based on what impact it has on the game. It used to be more linear

Thanks for shining a light on how much of a dumpster fire CD are. :thumbsu:

Hilarious they start scaling in-game whilst the game is still going - which is something that should only be done post-game. It means the scaled points handed to a player of the winning team (like Treloar) results in there being less points to distribute to other players that score from that point onwards in the game.

Would that therefore mean due to there being less points, a player who commits the same effective act as one prior in the game is given less points for it? Is this where their subjective 'weighting' comes into it. Just mind boggling. Keep it linear across the entire game, and if there are points left over, scale post-game. Simple, really.

You and me next week kenty :)

I'm in two other leagues but they are just about the money.
Bev Hills is about the prestige.
You be going down quicker than a pair of catholic school girl panties!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back