2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes it even worse about the rain is that we now get subjected to even more of Todd Woodbridge and Ian Healy trying to fill in time.
Shouldn't you be watching your team play? :D

Edit: * me raining there too now.

Doesn’t excuse the amount of boundary balls we bowled to gift them runs. The bowlers were very ordinary as a collective group last time, no surprise we’ve tried to alter the type of group of bowlers

I'm not excusing anything, I'm just simply not pointing the blame in one direction like you are.

Drizzle has increased to a proper shower. Currently at Level 4 of the Irish shower scale.

https://www.dailyedge.ie/irish-rain-scale-1275040-Jan2014/

Level 4: Rotten
How to spot: All-over greyness. Possible windiness. Unrelenting rain that never turns into a good honest downpour, but is definitely umbrella material. The weather equivalent of a sulking teenager.

There is a small gap in the radar but it's going to rain all day.

True, just started raining again.
May as well catch up on sleep today as just finished a week of night shifts and now have a week off so can watch the rest of the match (weather permitting)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate who lives close to Lords reckons it’s stopped raining. He’s pretty confident they’ll get on in the next hour or 2.

Very unlikely

Looking at the radar and the rate it’s gone at so far, my completely uneducated feel is there’s another 90ish minutes of rain before it starts to clear up. Could be 100% wrong.

One Dayer between Oman and Papua New guinea looking quite appetizing right now.

This comment from cricinfo for sums it up accurately

Steve: "For those new to test cricket, here is The 5 stages of (rain delay) grief. 1. Denial - you believe the rain will stop any minute and play will start. 2. Anger - you swear and tweet about English weather. 3. Bargaining - you msg cricinfo for a weather update and ask about rules for making up lost overs. 4. Depression - you hate the world because cricket was meant to be your highlight today. 5. Acceptance - you stop refreshing cricinfo every 2 mins, and go do some mundane non-cricket related task."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back