Review Geelong defeats WC by 20 points. GO you Good things!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if mentioned but had a little glimpse at the eagles board, their whinging about the umpiring is hilarious!
“Corruption”,
“playing against 21 on the field”.

Someone should remind them the free kick count, the only reason they got back in the game was the umps in that 2nd qtr.
Did they forget about the 12 or so consecutive free kicks they received across the 2nd and 3rd quarters?

How did Blitz miss that goal in the first Q..?
Stick to handballing please.
This isn't an excuse just from one viewing of it live

It looked like he set himself to run in a bit further but then the Eagles player was running at him from the side - I think that he then felt rushed and wasn't necessarily ready to kick when he did

Lacked a bit of composure that you would expect to see from a forward or midfielder and shows why he is good down back

No one has mentioned Blicavs on the wing. The stubborn one wanted to prove something??
Would you like the MC to bring in Parsons to play on the wing next week?

I'm thinking that the MC were looking at available players or more so those unavailable - Clark & Duncan had both spent a fair bit of the season playing on the wing and neither available tonight. While Selwood seemed to move back into the engine room and away from his spot on the wing.

The MC then looked at the potential matchups in defence and seems that they felt that playing Blicavs on the wing wouldn't necessarily be too disruptive to our defence and also meant we had one of our better endurance players on the wing.

I also noticed Kelly starting on the wing at times.

Is that any other players you would prefer on the wing - maybe Kolo?

Hawkins is gone. They hate him. I think I even saw a tweet from BT's grandmother calling for his head on a platter, probably meant his bellend. If Schofield wasn't staging for a free, why didn't the WC medical staff assess him? i think only players like Cotchin and Martin could houdini this one and have it reduced to careless conduct. So who replaces him?

Would you like the MC to bring in Parsons to play on the wing next week?

I'm thinking that the MC were looking at available players or more so those unavailable - Clark & Duncan had both spent a fair bit of the season playing on the wing and neither available tonight. While Selwood seemed to move back into the engine room and away from his spot on the wing.

The MC then looked at the potential matchups in defence and seems that they felt that playing Blicavs on the wing wouldn't necessarily be too disruptive to our defence and also meant we had one of our better endurance players on the wing.

I also noticed Kelly starting on the wing at times.

Is that any other players you would prefer on the wing - maybe Kolo?

Need for speed on the wings, so not Tuohey, was that his area tonight?. His kicking was brilliant, if bombs, but I'm starting to get fear butterflies when he's near it. Probably leave it as is, unless CS shuffles (too burned for that) everything and gets Scott Selwood in. Would love to draft a really speedy young winger, even with Jordan back. We are assuming Hawk out and I'm going to extend tonight's hope on that one. Just imagine being Fort or Buzza being overlooked all year only to get the call up. One man's folly......

PS Rohan used to play occasionally on the wing for Sydney, long ago

Nice one Catters. Got the raw end of the umpiring for sure and really gutsed that one out.

If Tomahawk gets rubbed out, how will you structure up? Rohan back in a smaller forward line? Mitch Duncan or Jordan Clark any chance of coming back?

I like to see the best teams put out during the finals.

Careful saying that about the umpiring around any Eagles fans. They're claiming 'disgraceful VFL bias'. Just a bit deluded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ashamed to admit I did not think Joel had that in him anymore. We simply would not have won without him playing like that. With Danger down, he had to dominate.

One of his greatest ever performances.

And Guthrie pushed him for BOG honours. That is how good he was. Delighted for Cam.

Last edited:
It can only be Fort, Buzza or the Taylor option. I think Bltz will go to FB as well. Which leaves one tall too many down back. So maybe you are on to something.
I hate to say it, but the Taylor option is the best of those! I'm hoping the tribunal apply the Greene/Cotchin formula, with consistency he should get off with a fine at most.

wow, really Grimoz ? He was fine; good even, I thought - are you expecting him to be best on ground? He never even really dominated any of our finals wins during his first stint with the Cats.

I thought he was a very good contributor tonight; his disciplined tackling was very important at times.

He is definitely crook on the legs..perhaps back..no power in the kicking ..and that would not have so quickly dropped off ...

Last edited:
Probably the result most who have followed Geelong even moderately closely would have expected tonight. In line with Geelong's year (especially second half), and past finals record.

Selwood became relevant again, the side decided to play like it really meant something to them. Dangerfield got a breather and lots of attention. Guthrie was only bettered by Selwood, his only genuine 4 quarter game for over 3 years in my opinion, was very good. Had lots of space but found the ball and used it well.

Cats fans need to contain their excitement though, the test is next week, it wasn't this week. Geelong failed against Collingwood, they were rubbish. They were collectively nervous, near on disinterested at times. Played negative for so much of the game. Played scared in the first quarter.

Hawkins - gone. Again, the brute decides to show physicality in the one way you don't. Cheaply, behind the play.

We've seen it before, WLWLWL since when? The bye. It took media bashing to get them inspired it seems, the thought of a straight sets exit even. Even if they fail against Richmond, it seems everyone is back on board anyway... Round and round we go.

He was as I acknowledged. Happy that he’s finally put a good finals performance on the board. Held his marks well last night.

Im not sure why people get 'backatya" for expressing opinions ..its not like people want certain layers to fail.. as I said in another post at the 90 game 100 game mark now ..he should start to be more consistent , more reliable in big games...

Guthire has now hit 160 games ... what we got has been a while coming but thats what he should be doing ..he is in sweet spot.

Probably the result most who have followed Geelong even moderately closely would have expected tonight. In line with Geelong's year (especially second half), and past finals record.

Selwood became relevant again, the side decided to play like it really meant something to them. Dangerfield got a breather and lots of attention. Guthrie was only bettered by Selwood, his only genuine 4 quarter game for over 3 years in my opinion, was very good. Had lots of space but found the ball and used it well.

Cats fans need to contain excitement their though, the test is next week, it wasn't this week. Geelong failed against Collingwood, they were rubbish. They were collectively nervous, near on disinterested at times. Played negative for so much of the game. Played scared in the first quarter.

Hawkins - gone. Again, the brute decides to show physicality in the one way you don't. Cheaply, behind the play.

We've seen it before, WLWLWL since when? The bye. It took media bashing to get them inspired it seems, the thought of a straight sets exit even. Even if they fail against Richmond, it seems everyone is back on board anyway... Round and round we go.

element of truth in this ... we always hear that they dont liste to media bit one gets the feel they certain heard plenty of the Pies game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back