Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo supporters just don't get it. He does NOT want to stay in W.A. He wants to be in VIC with his woman. I bet Hill loves Bell at this minute, not.
He does, and your club has offered him 900k a year for 5yrs to ensure he picks you, which he has. Get it done.

So what are the chances trade week is all just a pre-scripted drama, the list managers already decided all the moves a week ago and those meeting rooms are just large jacuzzis surrounding a cocktail bar with a big change room to change in and out of their "business" attire?

Yep we should just give away contracted guns for nothing

I'm not getting drawn into this conversation two years in a row.

As I said last year, Freo will trade their contracted gun for price that isn't completely insane.

Not sure why bell has to put you guys through this every year. Can't he just play Football Manager and get the same thing

If reports are correct and we turned down 6 + 2020 2nd, Bell must bloody well hold firm now.
If we end up accepting something stupid like 18+34+ next year's second, I'll personally burn the club down.
I don't see any reason why Bell would ever think the saints would cave and give up 6 + 2020 1st. No one in the industry thinks they'll pay that.
Now that we've made our bed we need to lie in it. The only deal we can take now is 12 and future 1st. Anything less and we're a laughing stock.

Snuffaluphagus you n me were quite alone in thinking pick 6 was fair. What do you reckon? We're boxed in now and surely Brad stays.

What concerns me is Belly's way of handling things. If he's going down this hard tough line then he may as well go full Dodoro. But when you do that you also lose goodwill with other clubs. Makes it harder and unlikelier for future deals and pick swaps, etc.

Hey I'm fine with that. But like I said, don't you dare cave. It has to be more than 6 and 2nd now(equivalent).

Last edited by a moderator:
He does, and your club has offered him 900k a year for 5yrs to ensure he picks you, which he has. Get it done.

We gave Neale a similar contract and only had to pay 6 and change. Why is hill worth more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gave Neale a similar contract and only had to pay 6 and change. Why is hill worth more?
Contracted for 12 months more than Neale and we lost Neale last year. You think we are going to let Brad go for anything close to unders just 12 months after losing Lachie Neale? The Neale trade was fair but we aren't after fair.

If reports are correct and we turned down 6 + 2020 2nd, Bell must bloody well hold firm now.
If we end up accepting something stupid like 18+34+ next year's second, I'll personally burn the club down.
I don't see any reason why Bell would ever think the saints would cave and give up 6 + 2020 1st. No one in the industry thinks they'll pay that.
Now that we've made our bed we need to lie in it. The only deal we can take now is 12 and future 1st. Anything less and we're a laughing stock..

Snuffaluphagus you n me were quite alone in thinking pick 6 was fair. What do you reckon? We're boxed in now and surely Brad stays.

What concerns me is Belly's way of handling things. If he's going down this hard tough line then he may as well go full Dodoro. But when you do that you also lose goodwill with other clubs. Makes it harder and unlikelier for future deals and pick swaps, etc.

Hey I'm fine with that. But like I said, don't you dare cave. It has to be more than 6 and 2nd now(equivalent).
I do think at a point Bell is just haggling for the sake out of it, and not really adding much value.

If its true that it was JUST Hill for 6 and a future 2nd then sending that back seems pretty stupid to me.

I feel like they were asking for something to come with Hill which is being conveniently left out.

I can only understand it to think that we just flat out dont want to lose Hill and Langdon in the one year so are being difficult.

Let's be generous and say Saints finish 10th next year (i.e. pick 26). Pick 6 + pick 26 is 2480 points.

The Kelly deal was worth more than pick 1 which is 3000 points, so if you want to speak absolute rubbish at least make it somewhat believable
He wanted 6, a future first and a future 3rd...about 3600 points 500 more than the kelly deal

it values Hill higher than Dangerfield. Higher than Tim Kelly. Higher than Shiel. Higher than Prestia. Higher than Treloar.

it's just utterly absurd. basically should have just said "we are holding him to his contract"

Since when have I brought that up? You can't use an argument I'm not even making against me.
You literally keep saying the 900k is speculative, so the trade that was offered, but not agreed to is just speculation as well. You Saints supporters love your double standards, if you dont agree just check the Josh Bruce thread.

Freo just need to start talking to other vic clubs to gauge their reaction of a trade for Hill

Back