Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I told everyone he wasn’t worth what Freo were demanding, or what we paid for him, and that the suggestions from some that he was “the best wingman in the comp” were BS.
You always told everybody winning lotto number but nobody listen too 😂.

Brad Hill was a bottom 6 player at Hawthorn during our flag years. Which doesn't mean he wasn't an important cog. Poppy was important also, but I'd place him in the bottom 6 too. Amazing fitness, and pretty decent user when he played with us, but useless at providing a contest so his versatility was limited compared to some other elite outside mids in the competition. Clarko loved him, but he was struggling to keep his spot in the side early in his final season with us, but improved his mood and performance once we told him we'd let him go back home, and played some decent games by the end of the season. His first year at Freo was outstanding. He'd put on some bulk, and lost little of his fitness, which allowed him to compete for the contested ball a bit more effectively, and this made him a much more versatile player. Deserved his b&f.

Probably a fresh location and having his family near him helped a lot with that first year at Freo, but as we saw with several multi-premiership players at Hawthorn, once we were out of contention, and they had already climbed the hill 3 or 4 times, it was hard to maintain the drive required to perform at an elite level. Unfortunately for Saints they've now got a player that is a) Unfit - which negates one of his biggest assets and b) Doesn't seem to give a fu** , and why would he? On big cash and has nothing to prove flag wise. I was sorry he didn't choose to come back to use when he headed east again, especially given we gave Freo their next B&F winner for what looked like unders at the time to look after his welfare when he was apparently homesick, but it never made sense for us at the price he had put on his head, and right now , looks like we were lucky.

The Des Headland theory. At Brisbane he looked excellent when Voss, Lappin, Black etc.

At Hawthorn, Hill had Mitchell, Lewis et al feeding him the ball and at Freo had Fyfe, Mundy etc doing the hard work.

Do the Saints have that quality of mid getting him the ball?

Clubs who recruit too many players chasing big contracts can end up suffering from a band of mercenaries culture. May also be very difficult for players who have stayed and been loyal to the club seeing money splashed around.

The Des Headland theory. At Brisbane he looked excellent when Voss, Lappin, Black etc.

At Hawthorn, Hill had Mitchell, Lewis et al feeding him the ball and at Freo had Fyfe, Mundy etc doing the hard work.

Do the Saints have that quality of mid getting him the ball?

Feels like hill is being scapegoated.

The bullying via social media not ideal either.

I think he is on stress leave and his partner not happy on her twitter

Brad Hill was a bottom 6 player at Hawthorn during our flag years. Which doesn't mean he wasn't an important cog. Poppy was important also, but I'd place him in the bottom 6 too. Amazing fitness, and pretty decent user when he played with us, but useless at providing a contest so his versatility was limited compared to some other elite outside mids in the competition. Clarko loved him, but he was struggling to keep his spot in the side early in his final season with us, but improved his mood and performance once we told him we'd let him go back home, and played some decent games by the end of the season. His first year at Freo was outstanding. He'd put on some bulk, and lost little of his fitness, which allowed him to compete for the contested ball a bit more effectively, and this made him a much more versatile player. Deserved his b&f.

Probably a fresh location and having his family near him helped a lot with that first year at Freo, but as we saw with several multi-premiership players at Hawthorn, once we were out of contention, and they had already climbed the hill 3 or 4 times, it was hard to maintain the drive required to perform at an elite level. Unfortunately for Saints they've now got a player that is a) Unfit - which negates one of his biggest assets and b) Doesn't seem to give a * , and why would he? On big cash and has nothing to prove flag wise. I was sorry he didn't choose to come back to use when he headed east again, especially given we gave Freo their next B&F winner for what looked like unders at the time to look after his welfare when he was apparently homesick, but it never made sense for us at the price he had put on his head, and right now , looks like we were lucky.

well that is a shock to hears this. Looking at his final season stats.... He didn't seem like we was struggling to keep his spot in the hawks side in 2016.

Didnt play rounds 1-4. due to injury.

played 20 games in 2016. only had 2 games he got less than 10 disposals or less.

When he wanted out of freo at the end of 2019, I seriously thought the hawks were gonna get him back. His Brother Stephen retired at the end of 2019 as he had too many injuries.

I enjoyed Brad Hills years at freo.

2017 he deserved the dockers best and fairest.

well that is a shock to hears this. Looking at his final season stats.... He didn't seem like we was struggling to keep his spot in the hawks side in 2016.

Didnt play rounds 1-4. due to injury.

played 20 games in 2016. only had 2 games he got less than 10 disposals or less.

When he wanted out of freo at the end of 2019, I seriously thought the hawks were gonna get him back. His Brother Stephen retired at the end of 2019 as he had too many injuries.

I enjoyed Brad Hills years at freo.

2017 he deserved the dockers best and fairest.

His best is elite, no question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was fine holding Hill if the offer was crap.

10, 58, FSR & Acres ...is enough to move him on.

It sets Hill up financially and we'd do this dance again next year.

Get in Luke Jackson, maybe improve our draft position with these future 2nd rounders and let's see what Acres can do with a fresh start.

It's a pretty fair deal, Hill is an excellent player but if we want a flag tilt in 3 years time- this deal is better for us.

I’m a genius…..Jackson in and flag in 2023…Moostradamus

Back