Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t care. He’s a front runner. Not an accountable player that willing to win the games on his terms.
Once his brother got injured, his dream of winning a flag with him ended.

His B&F season with us was actually pretty good but because it was with us the Vic's thought the Saints we're getting a steal and that BHilly was going to walk into the AA team last year.

I felt he won us some games with his gut running at Freo, hasn't been anything like that at Saints tbh

Last year is a covid shortened quarter write off but this year I don't know whats happening

Brad Hill was a bottom 6 player at Hawthorn during our flag years. Which doesn't mean he wasn't an important cog. Poppy was important also, but I'd place him in the bottom 6 too. Amazing fitness, and pretty decent user when he played with us, but useless at providing a contest so his versatility was limited compared to some other elite outside mids in the competition. Clarko loved him, but he was struggling to keep his spot in the side early in his final season with us, but improved his mood and performance once we told him we'd let him go back home, and played some decent games by the end of the season. His first year at Freo was outstanding. He'd put on some bulk, and lost little of his fitness, which allowed him to compete for the contested ball a bit more effectively, and this made him a much more versatile player. Deserved his b&f.

Probably a fresh location and having his family near him helped a lot with that first year at Freo, but as we saw with several multi-premiership players at Hawthorn, once we were out of contention, and they had already climbed the hill 3 or 4 times, it was hard to maintain the drive required to perform at an elite level. Unfortunately for Saints they've now got a player that is a) Unfit - which negates one of his biggest assets and b) Doesn't seem to give a * , and why would he? On big cash and has nothing to prove flag wise. I was sorry he didn't choose to come back to use when he headed east again, especially given we gave Freo their next B&F winner for what looked like unders at the time to look after his welfare when he was apparently homesick, but it never made sense for us at the price he had put on his head, and right now , looks like we were lucky.

Didnt lay a single tackle, doesnt lay many at all. Had 17 touches today, one was contested, with zero tackles and the Saints paying him over 700k. FMD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Hill was a bottom 6 player at Hawthorn during our flag years. Which doesn't mean he wasn't an important cog. Poppy was important also, but I'd place him in the bottom 6 too. Amazing fitness, and pretty decent user when he played with us, but useless at providing a contest so his versatility was limited compared to some other elite outside mids in the competition. Clarko loved him, but he was struggling to keep his spot in the side early in his final season with us, but improved his mood and performance once we told him we'd let him go back home, and played some decent games by the end of the season. His first year at Freo was outstanding. He'd put on some bulk, and lost little of his fitness, which allowed him to compete for the contested ball a bit more effectively, and this made him a much more versatile player. Deserved his b&f.

Probably a fresh location and having his family near him helped a lot with that first year at Freo, but as we saw with several multi-premiership players at Hawthorn, once we were out of contention, and they had already climbed the hill 3 or 4 times, it was hard to maintain the drive required to perform at an elite level. Unfortunately for Saints they've now got a player that is a) Unfit - which negates one of his biggest assets and b) Doesn't seem to give a fu** , and why would he? On big cash and has nothing to prove flag wise. I was sorry he didn't choose to come back to use when he headed east again, especially given we gave Freo their next B&F winner for what looked like unders at the time to look after his welfare when he was apparently homesick, but it never made sense for us at the price he had put on his head, and right now , looks like we were lucky.
Definitely thought he played his best footy for us. Like you said, he played an important role for Hawthorn but was a bit player mostly. I wasn't happy we picked him up from what I had seen of him, but he turned out to be very good.

Definitely thought he played his best footy for us. Like you said, he played an important role for Hawthorn but was a bit player mostly. I wasn't happy we picked him up from what I had seen of him, but he turned out to be very good.
Who did you guys get for him?

DEAL! Where do we sign?
I don;t get how B.Hill went from being one of the hardest running players in the afl when playing for freo to his efforts in recent times. He used to be the player that would get back deep in defence and then link up with hard running. Something is not right whether its issues off field or carrying an injury. He's miles off being the same player.

I don;t get how B.Hill went from being one of the hardest running players in the afl when playing for freo to his efforts in recent times. He used to be the player that would get back deep in defence and then link up with hard running. Something is not right whether its issues off field or carrying an injury. He's miles off being the same player.

Leadership, or lack of, might be Brads problem.

Rocket required.

I'd take him back, If it was for a 4th rounder and the Saints pay half his salary.

And they have to take Acres back as well.
Stkilda and Freo have form in regard to trading back a player we traded to the Saints. Anyone remember Heath Black? He was traded back to us after three years with the Saints. I'd have Brad back too provided a decent amount of his salary was paid by StKilda. At his best he would round out our midfield group terrifically. It all depends on what the issues are regarding his terrible start to 2021. Joel Hamling is one player that might be looking for a new home next season. Im not sure how you fit him and Alex Pearce into the Freo team. He is on a very good contract and is signed to 2023.

After his year last season I thought he’d have worked his arse off to get back into some form this year. Very underwhelming given the cash he’s on. Just doesn’t seem to be working anywhere near as hard as he did at his best.

Back