Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

They are planning on finals in the next four years and Jack Martin will be part of their plans.
Yes I agree with that.

So to the Carlton supporter above saying Jack wouldn’t get a game at a top 8 club, I disagree, and I guess so do you.

Yes I agree with that.

So to the Carlton supporter above saying Jack wouldn’t get a game at a top 8 club, I disagree, and I guess so do you.
I'm hoping that he will improve more in a side that's winning more often, now on this years form i can't answer whether he would or wouldn't get a game in a top four side. But i would presume that if he was playing in a top four side, he would be a better player if you know what i mean.

I'm hoping that he will improve more in a side that's winning more often, now on this years form i can't answer whether he would or wouldn't get a game in a top four side. But i would presume that if he was playing in a top four side, he would be a better player if you know what i mean.
Yeah I agree with that, Jack is a role player, not a star player, I think he can be a good role player in a good team.

McKay, O’Brien and Stocker wouldn’t get games at to 8 clubs.

If Martin stays at the level he is now he would certainly get another contract.

Your club offered him $600k over 4 years for him, but you think at level he’s performing he wouldn’t get another contract?

Without a doubt he’s been underwhelming from the talent he was rated as a junior but he is a better player that you’re making him out to be. Stocker and Obrien above him? Good Lord!
Obvious troll, good luck getting a bite elsewhere.

FWIW the average wage is now 371k, with 10 kids on every list only getting 100k each (1st/2nd year + rookies) that makes the average wage 450k for everyone else. So he will be getting an average wage with a sign up bonus.

Obvious troll, good luck getting a bite elsewhere.

FWIW the average wage is now 371k, with 10 kids on every list only getting 100k each (1st/2nd year + rookies) that makes the average wage 450k for everyone else. So he will be getting an average wage with a sign up bonus.
He might have at Bulldogs, but he’s not getting at game at West Coast, GWS, Richmond, Geelong ect... he’s a young prospect, not an established key forward that a finals team should be playing. That’s not a knock on him, he’s young and growing, no one should be expecting him too playing at a top 8 team yet

$600k a year, for 4 years? You said Martin isn’t top 8 club player. You are giving him an above average wage for 4 years to do what?

He might have at Bulldogs, but he’s not getting at game at West Coast, GWS, Richmond, Geelong ect... he’s a young prospect, not an established key forward that a finals team should be playing. That’s not a knock on him, he’s young and growing, no one should be expecting him too playing at a top 8 team yet

$600k a year, for 4 years? You said Martin isn’t top 8 club player. You are giving him an above average wage for 4 years to do what?
Why are you asking me like I somehow have something to do with Carlton list management? Fasolo would have been on 450k to play VFL last year. You could do what GC do and overpay all their kids setting them up for life only to have them leave chasing a premiership, maybe Carlton want to absorb cap space with expendable players they can later use to increase payments to walsh, mckay, etc

Mckay gets a gig for the Dogs, Pies, Brisbane and Bombers & Geelong without any doubt, WC, Richmond I will give to you for another year maybe. As I said obvious troll and good luck getting a bite with it.

Play football I guess

Martin would be best 22 at wce . Why wouldnt he ?

He is the cherry on top player clubs with stong on ball division would love

I dont think he was dropped by gold coast for his on field performance
Out of interest, Consider Martin now, with Kelly at the end of 2018; who is the better player with the brighter outlook in your opinion?

Why are you asking me like I somehow have something to do with Carlton list management? Fasolo would have been on 450k to play VFL last year. You could do what GC do and overpay all their kids setting them up for life only to have them leave chasing a premiership, maybe Carlton want to absorb cap space with expendable players they can later use to increase payments to walsh, mckay, etc
im only asking as you don’t think Jack Martin is good enough to play at a top 8 club.

Your club is getting Martin to be a best 22 player while the club believes they can make top 8 as early as next year but definitely over the next 4 years. They aren’t planning on him being in the reserves, they aren’t planning on still being in the bottom 4.

Do any other Carlton fans think Martin isn’t good enough to be at a top 8 club?

im only asking as you don’t think Jack Martin is good enough to play at a top 8 club.

Your club is getting Martin to be a best 22 player while the club believes they can make top 8 as early as next year but definitely over the next 4 years. They aren’t planning on him being in the reserves, they aren’t planning on still being in the bottom 4.

Do any other Carlton fans think Martin isn’t good enough to be at a top 8 club?
We have cash to spend in the HOPE he lifts his game with a better side, I don't care where he ends up because I have no belief he ever will take that next step.

The club themselves decided the player they would get at 9 would be better then anything 15 + Martin would get them, that shows you where they really rate him and how much stock they were willing to invest. He is a last chance punt job while we still have a bit of spare coin, if he comes off great if not no harm done.

We have cash to spend in the HOPE he lifts his game with a better side, I don't care where he ends up because I have no belief he ever will take that next step.

The club themselves decided the player they would get at 9 would be better then anything 15 + Martin would get them, that shows you where they really rate him and how much stock they were willing to invest. He is a last chance punt job while we still have a bit of spare coin, if he comes off great if not no harm done.
I don’t buy the we have cash we need to spend. With the the cash go after someone that’ll be part of the best 22. (Although that’s what Carlton were doing with Martin).

It’s more likely Carlton didn’t want to pay on the trade table as Martin is out of contract.

Sure give a player 2 years on a last chance punt job, but Martin, will give $2.2million over 4 year, last chance

I don’t buy the we have cash we need to spend. With the the cash go after someone that’ll be part of the best 22. (Although that’s what Carlton were doing with Coniglio).

It’s more likely Carlton didn’t want to pay on the trade table as Martin is out of contract.

Sure give a player 2 years on a last chance punt job, but Martin, will give $2.2million over 4 year, last chance
Fixed it for ya, rest is a troll bait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixed it for ya, rest is a troll bait.
Troll bait? What does this even mean?

Fact is Carlton have offered $2.2million over 4 years. No club would offer that to a player they don’t think will be in the team if they make the 8.

Troll bait???? Lol

Troll bait? What does this even mean?

Fact is Carlton have offered $2.2million over 4 years. No club would offer that to a player they don’t think will be in the team if they make the 8.

Troll bait???? Lol
Even you don't believe what you are typing is what it means, you are just hoping to get a reaction out of me or another carlton supporter.

The Hawks paid Vickery more then that for crying out loud, it is not a lot of money.

Even you don't believe what you are typing is what it means, you are just hoping to get a reaction out of me or another carlton supporter.

The Hawks paid Vickery more then that for crying out loud, it is not a lot of money.
Im not trying to get a reaction, what sort of reaction do you think I’m trying to get? We are discussing Martin’s value.

You stated Martin wouldn’t get a gig at a top 8 club, I can’t believe you believe that? Surely you don’t think Carlton are offering 4 years on good money for a player they don’t think will be in the team if they play finals?

Hawthorn would of been expecting Ty Vickery join their premiership team playing the David Hale role. Just a quick google they also paid him $500000 a season for 2 years which would of bumped his free agency compensation up so Richmond wouldn’t match and force a trade.

How much do deees want to pay for bennel
Wrong thread for Bennell but looks like Harley will train from after the draft through the summer with Melbourne and if it goes well for him the club will pick him up in pre-season supplemental selection period which put him on the rookie list, could not imagine it would be a large sum of money

It's changed a number of times, 600K a year, 550K a year ....

The posters just trying to get a rise
A rise? I’ve stated on this thread I hope Melbourne match at $600k over 4 years if he’s there at pick 2 and we can afford him. What am I trying to get a rise of?

Would love to see Jack Martin and Bennell playing together, two basically come free with little risk if don't work out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back