Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

But would not Melboune be mad to take has stated off the bat he does not want to go there
I personally don’t think so. I haven’t heard him say he doesn’t want to go there, I’ve heard he wants to get to Carlton.

Last year he requested a trade to Essendon, this year Carlton. What’s the difference if he gets selected by Melbourne on the same wage? Same city. Only difference I can is he won’t play with his mate/cousin SPS but he wasn’t going to get that at Essendon.

He may be slightly disappointed not getting to Carlton, but 5 minutes once he gets to training at Melbourne it won’t be a problem. My trusty close source Instagram 😂 suggests he has a lot of respect for Neville Jetta who won the community leadership award 2018 and is a leader and role model in the indigenous community, that same source also suggests he was a pretty good mate with Harley Bennell who now will be training at Melbourne.

I can’t see Jack hating life if he gets selected by Melbourne, just trains at a different ground 2km away and wears a different colour jumper.

I personally don’t think so. I haven’t heard him say he doesn’t want to go there, I’ve heard he wants to get to Carlton.

Last year he requested a trade to Essendon, this year Carlton. What’s the difference if he gets selected by Melbourne on the same wage? Same city. Only difference I can is he won’t play with his mate/cousin SPS but he wasn’t going to get that at Essendon.

He may be slightly disappointed not getting to Carlton, but 5 minutes once he gets to training at Melbourne it won’t be a problem. My trusty close source Instagram 😂 suggests he has a lot of respect for Neville Jetta who won the community leadership award 2018 and is a leader and role model in the indigenous community, that same source also suggests he was a pretty good mate with Harley Bennell who now will be training at Melbourne.

I can’t see Jack hating life if he gets selected by Melbourne, just trains at a different ground 2km away and wears a different colour jumper.
So your quite happy getting Martin for nothing, goes against what you were saying about Carlton getting him for nothing.

So your quite happy getting Martin for nothing, goes against what you were saying about Carlton getting him for nothing.
No, where I have said Carlton shouldn’t get him for nothing?

I’ve said Gold Coast would be stupid losing him for nothing considering they have pick 1.

If Melbourne or Carlton get him for nothing that is great result for either club, and I’ll be the first on here saying how dumb GC are.

He clearly did not said that, i don't get this kind of accent at all. If Calrton can't get the trade done, he is available for everybody to pick him up not just Gold Coast, Melbourne or Carlton. You can't just partially want a player especially during trade period. There is always risk involve eg Tim Kelly to Eagles. Silvagni just don't want to take risk at all.
Richmond take risk and take yarran and Prestia. One bad trade the other good trade. How many second and third round pick you gave to GWS that turn their former players into good players?
Kennedy - OK player
Setterfield - not sure.
And other............. Delisted.

Last edited:

Mate sorry have you been living under a rock or something his manager came and said Melbourne had made contact
and Jack had said no through him

Mate sorry have you been living under a rock or something his manager came and said Melbourne had made contact
and Jack had said no through him
No haven’t heard it. Heard his manager say he is set on getting to Carlton the following day after the trade deadline. Haven’t heard anything since.

Like I said though, what’s the difference in coming to play for Melbourne or Carlton on the same contract? He doesn’t know the inner sanctum of either club and I’m sure 5 minutes in the door at Melbourne there would be no problems

No haven’t heard it. Heard his manager say he is set on getting to Carlton the following day after the trade deadline. Haven’t heard anything since.

Like I said though, what’s the difference in coming to play for Melbourne or Carlton on the same contract? He doesn’t know the inner sanctum of either club and I’m sure 5 minutes in the door at Melbourne there would be no problems
Oh really how tell

He clearly did not said that, i don't get this kind of accent at all. If Calrton can't get the trade done, he is available for everybody to pick him up not just Gold Coast, Melbourne or Carlton. You can't just partially want a player especially during trade period. There is always risk involve eg Tim Kelly to Eagles. Silvagni just don't want to take risk at all.
Richmond take risk and take yarran and Prestia. One bad trade the other good trade. How many second and third round pick you gave to GWS that turn their former players into good players?
Kennedy - OK player
Setterfield - not sure.
And other............. Delisted.

You make out we have only taken on GWS players or fail to reach deals for other players that want in, or want out of their previous/current club

If I was you, I wouldn't be gloating with your club's trade history, especially the inconsistencies

What we know, at this point in time, is Martin wants out and has nominated Carlton, the rest is conjecture by BF posters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not trying to get a reaction, what sort of reaction do you think I’m trying to get? We are discussing Martin’s value.

You stated Martin wouldn’t get a gig at a top 8 club, I can’t believe you believe that? Surely you don’t think Carlton are offering 4 years on good money for a player they don’t think will be in the team if they play finals?

Hawthorn would of been expecting Ty Vickery join their premiership team playing the David Hale role. Just a quick google they also paid him $500000 a season for 2 years which would of bumped his free agency compensation up so Richmond wouldn’t match and force a trade.
500k a couple of years ago is worth about 650k now, I don't expect martin to be a walk up starter in our 22.

Tell how after 5 minutes at Melbourne and all will be good
Why wouldn’t it be?

He wants to move to Victoria as hex requested a trade to Essendon last year.

Melbourne have an indigenous leader in Neville Jetta that Jack already respects, Neville has knocked offers from West Coast as recently as the past 2 years to remain at Melbourne.

His mate Harley has just agreed to train at Melbourne in hope of being picked up at over rival clubs.

Jack has never been in the inner sanctum of either Carlton or Melbourne. He wouldn’t have any problems at either club.

He gets selected by Melbourne on for 4 years on $2.2million. He either going to sulk for 4 years, or embrace it.

With his mate Harley, and leader in Jetta, I’ll be backing that’ll he’ll embrace from day one.

He’d have nothing against Melbourne, he just has a presence of Carlton at the moment.

Why wouldn’t it be?

He wants to move to Victoria as hex requested a trade to Essendon last year.

Melbourne have an indigenous leader in Neville Jetta that Jack already respects, Neville has knocked offers from West Coast as recently as the past 2 years to remain at Melbourne.

His mate Harley has just agreed to train at Melbourne in hope of being picked up at over rival clubs.

Jack has never been in the inner sanctum of either Carlton or Melbourne. He wouldn’t have any problems at either club.

He gets selected by Melbourne on for 4 years on $2.2million. He either going to sulk for 4 years, or embrace it.

With his mate Harley, and leader in Jetta, I’ll be backing that’ll he’ll embrace from day one.

He’d have nothing against Melbourne, he just has a presence of Carlton at the moment.
Ha ha, if he gets to Carlton i'll almost feel sorry for you.PS Eddies a leader as well.

Not a d**k move but a smart one on SOS part doing what others have said doing what’s right for the club
How short sighted is this comment, you are basically opening up your club to lowball offers for any out of contract blues player moving forward and won’t have a leg to stand on

please make it happen it will be delicious

500k a couple of years ago is worth about 650k now, I don't expect martin to be a walk up starter in our 22.
According to the AFL website there were 99 players out of 703 that got paid $600k or more. Divide just across 18 clubs it’s 5.5 players per club on $600k or more. Martin would become one the top 6 paid players at the club on that wage. I’ll back he’d be in the best 22 game 1

Ha ha, if he gets to Carlton i'll almost feel sorry for you.PS Eddies a leader as well.
Sorry for me? He was never on Melbourne’s radar, more sorry for you if he doesn’t get to Carlton.

No one said Eddie isn’t a leader, just saying if Melbourne do select we have leaders in place for Martin

I'll feel the same for you. I really hope we pass. He has never done anything of note and wants to pick and choose the club and his money. I'm just hoping we drive up his price by pretending interest.

I'll feel the same for you. I really hope we pass. He has never done anything of note and wants to pick and choose the club and his money. I'm just hoping we drive up his price by pretending interest.
Yeah but he's not pretending that he has any interest in Melbourne.

How do you know what his feelings are towards Melbourne?

Did you get this info from the same source that told you it was a fact Carlton has offered Martin $2.2m over 4 years?

Yeah but he's not pretending that he has any interest in Melbourne.

Sure. But IF we are interested he has to price himself out of our market, yes? Otherwise maybe we will take him. Neither you or him know what we are going to do until pick 2 in the PSD is read out. Nick Stevens anyone?

How do you know what his feelings are towards Melbourne?

Did you get this info from the same source that told you it was a fact Carlton has offered Martin $2.2m over 4 years?
This thread has said $600k a year, apparently he knocked back $700k from the bulldogs, Carlton supporters have said earlier bump his price to $900k over 2 years to outbid Melbourne.

But I’ll admit none of us know what his wage demands are. It was reported Melbourne were offering $500k a year to Jamie Elliot, so if it’s 500k a year, Melbourne could match I suppose.

I have no idea on his feelings towards Melbourne, I doubt he has any. Melbourne is a club he has never been at, I doubt he is for or against it. My opinion is though if he gets selected by Melbourne on the same wage as he would get at Carlton it wouldn’t be an issue. Melbourne have one of the leagues indigenous leaders at the club and one of his mates just accepted an invitation to train at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back