Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Sick to death of hearing Eddie McGuire shooting his mouth off about all and sundry.......always saying how to run the game, change the game etc, to the point you start thinking he is running the AFL and not Gil and co......

...and now this latest one, he wants to know what happened to Jack Steven! Says Scotts presser wasn't forthcoming enough on information. Can you just imagine if it had been a collingwood player, how much information do you think he would've let out publicly? He would've closed ranks of the club.

It's NONE of his damned business. How dare he! This has really riled me.

Shut your mouth Eddie, don't want to hear anymore. :thumbsdown:

He's always had a massive conflict of interest being a club chairman and a media personality (a big one at that). Carro is forever pushing it out there but their recent love fest on footy classified makes me think the afl put her on the cool aid drip.

I see the Geelong President has come out and said it is none of Eddies business.

Hopefully a few other notables tell him to pull his head in and shut up.

Was reading the Carlton board for some light amusement, and one poster said that it’s a good thing a 2016 draftee is living with Sam Walsh (2018 draftee) as Walsh is such a professional and sets a good example.

FMD their club must be a rabble if they’re relaying on a second year player to set the standards for others to follow.

He's always had a massive conflict of interest being a club chairman and a media personality (a big one at that). Carro is forever pushing it out there but their recent love fest on footy classified makes me think the afl put her on the cool aid drip.

Interesting article on HUN site by Tamsyn Manou (Lewis) about Eddie being on the Australian Athletics Board when Collingwood took over Olympic Park (AAB headquarters and training track) for their current day facilities. She reminded him about conflict of interest. I laughed.

Good onya Tamsyn! Eddie bound to fire back at her too, can't help himself.

On the news last night the Lions CEO was sitting at his computer and his screen full of emails was visible, because I am a snoop like that I paused and zoomed in to try and read it but unfortunately was a bit too blurry to see anything.

Interesting article on HUN site by Tamsyn Manou (Lewis) about Eddie being on the Australian Athletics Board when Collingwood took over Olympic Park (AAB headquarters and training track) for their current day facilities. She reminded him about conflict of interest. I laughed.

Good onya Tamsyn! Eddie bound to fire back at her too, can't help himself.
I read that this morning as well and had a good laugh to myself

On the news last night the Lions CEO was sitting at his computer and his screen full of emails was visible, because I am a snoop like that I paused and zoomed in to try and read it but unfortunately was a bit too blurry to see anything.
These posts are what I imagine this thread was invented for.

Robbo to take the plunge for Big Freeze 6
1590568505367.png

There’s been plenty of opposition players who’d like to see combative Lion Mitch Robinson dunked into a tub of full of ice over the years and now they’ll get their chance, all in the name of a great cause.

The winner was Mitch Robinson.

“I thought I’d be a sneaky chance, I was hoping I’d win because I’ve watched this closely over the years and always wanted to get involved,’’ he said. “It’s been coaches going down the slide in the past but once it was opened up to players, I really wanted the opportunity.’’

As is tradition, Robinson isn’t allowed to reveal his costume, but he couldn’t help pumping up his chances of stealing the show. “My uniform will be a fan favourite, let’s just say my character has been much talked about,’’ he said.

The wingman probably won’t be seeking any advice from his coach on how to best handle the occasion given Fages’ suffered a hamstring injury two years ago when he took the plunge dressed as a Reverend in support of his great mate Daniher.

Tune into Channel 7 and 7 MATE on Monday, June 8 to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy’s cooked.
Yes looks like it. Hopefully he get back at some stage.

I love seeing the stars of the competition play.
Even when they play the Lions especially when i attend the game. You can't really appreciate their work rate and skill on TV.
Just great to watch how they play their particular brand of footy.
At least he got to the magical 300 games in round 23 last year.
Hope we play them in the next block of 4 :)

Swans general manager Charlie Gardiner provided an update on Franklin’s condition on Thursday afternoon.

“We can’t say right here and now how long he’ll be out but we know it’s a decent injury, and he won’t run for probably the next three to four weeks,” Gardiner said.

“Probably one of the positives is there’s no tendon damage in the hamstring.

“We think it’s slightly worse than the injury he sustained last year mid-season, and he missed about nine weeks.

“That might be an indication, but we just don’t know until he gets into his rehab and progresses.”

Yes looks like it. Hopefully he get back at some stage.

I love seeing the stars of the competition play.
Even when they play the Lions especially when i attend the game. You can't really appreciate their work rate and skill on TV.
Just great to watch how they play their particular brand of footy.
At least he got to the magical 300 games in round 23 last year.
Hope we play them in the next block of 4 :)

Swans general manager Charlie Gardiner provided an update on Franklin’s condition on Thursday afternoon.

“We can’t say right here and now how long he’ll be out but we know it’s a decent injury, and he won’t run for probably the next three to four weeks,” Gardiner said.

“Probably one of the positives is there’s no tendon damage in the hamstring.

“We think it’s slightly worse than the injury he sustained last year mid-season, and he missed about nine weeks.

“That might be an indication, but we just don’t know until he gets into his rehab and progresses.”
and he still has 3 years, each around a mil from memory left on his contract

IIRC Sydney went cheap, expensive, and then cheap (relatively speaking) on contract totals so it might be a bit less these days.

Looks like the AFL will ensure Franklin gets paid.
A few paragraphs from yesterdays AFL article.
The Melbourne football mafia are again shaking their fists and demanding the Swans pay 'Buddy' out in full, regardless of if he makes it to the last season of his deal in 2022 or not.

Gillon McLachlan, then Andrew Demetriou's heir apparent as AFL chief executive, could not have been clearer on this at the time.

"If he's injured and not able to play … they're obliged to pay him, and that money is obliged to be in the (salary) cap," McLachlan told Trade Radio.

The AFL even obtained written guarantees from every Sydney board member that Franklin's contract would be paid out in full. It will happen, so stop the fear-mongering.

IIRC Sydney went cheap, expensive, and then cheap (relatively speaking) on contract totals so it might be a bit less these days.
I did see numbers mentioned in an article the other day but can't find it again :(. I think the last season was still 800k from memory.

I did see numbers mentioned in an article the other day but can't find it again :(. I think the last season was still 800k from memory.

Yeah, I probably should've clarified that "cheap" was still $800k-900k, i.e. less than a million.

Heard on the news today that data had been hacked from BigFooty, information of thousands of users, also got into PMs between users..

I see nothing mentioned on News page or tops of pages to tell us...

..what's the story please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back