Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Were the club as ever vocally bullish on Crocker or Gault like they are on Tyler?
No.

Though the two you name, well Crocker was a good guy, Gault was Gault.

Does the bullishness justify a 2 year contract when he is yet to play a senior game - and shouldn't next week if players are picked on pre-season form?
You only have to see Tylers frame to see he is not ready yet but i like what i have seen. 2 years on minimal wage is fine, these players are the future of our club

That’s going very early on Tyler. Third year at the club, still yet to break through for a game.

Mightve been necessitated by Reid, Varcs, Dunn drooping off this year so no real risk giving the extra season but could this end up with us carrying a player like we did Crock/Gault?
Potentially, although T. Brown hasn't had that break out game even at VFL level he has those small quality moments that look a level above. Crocker is a good honest trier, while Gault was played well in the WAFL as an undersized ruck, but didn't do much outside of the preseason for us.

Family tree rings
the RT Rush Stand, ghost ships
still guiding our course.
Just to see you back
it is so worth it Pieku
Our board is better.

Potentially, although T. Brown hasn't had that break out game even at VFL level he has those small quality moments that look a level above. Crocker is a good honest trier, while Gault was played well in the WAFL as an undersized ruck, but didn't do much outside of the preseason for us.
Wasn't there talk of gault being re drafted by someone this year .

Big unit shame he couldn't get it together

A level or two below the standard to reach a reasonable career at the highest level.

Though he did get to play senior footy so he always has that.

You see a lot of VFL games, so I bow to your judgement. I will be looking for the 'level above' moments if he gets a senior game.

Kid grew up playing as a midfielder, then had that massive growth spurt in his draft year. I wonder if they did him no favours adding size and bulk to his frame trying to make him a key position / ruck prospect. Best I saw him play was his 1st year at the club as a skinny kid playing a free wheeling Westhoff type role in the VFL.

Kid grew up playing as a midfielder, then had that massive growth spurt in his draft year. I wonder if they did him no favours adding size and bulk to his frame trying to make him a key position / ruck prospect. Best I saw him play was his 1st year at the club as a skinny kid playing a free wheeling Westhoff type role in the VFL.
That was a long long time ago in a far away land where skinny kids could feign substance against boys seeking that next step in a career. When he became a man unfortunately those around him had leap frogged his manliness and grown beards and bodies of their own. From there he could only look forward in vain, as the best was already behind him.

I still can't see what People see in him.

Yes he has a Good Side Step to get our of Traffic is good but Disposal is not good enough and no Pentration in his Kick. Lucky to kick it 30 Meters at most

Yes he has a Good Side Step to get our of Traffic is good but Disposal is not good enough and no Pentration in his Kick. Lucky to kick it 30 Meters at most
I'm a fan because he is seriously clever in traffic, but yes his disposal is frustratingly dinky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can find space in traffic---i like that.
How he doesn't ever kick through the ball is infuriating.
You can see he wanted to pass that set shot 30m out before he took it---he was already defeated before he took the shot

You can see he wanted to pass that set shot 30m out before he took it---he was already defeated before he took the shot
He does so much right and has the makings of a player. I love how he body lines the ball so well and keeps his hands free in the tackle. His old man clearly taught him some tricks. The kicking thing and his inability to be a constant in games is incredibly concerning though.

He’s not a gun but who replaces him?

Thomas?

He clearly didnt kick through the footy tried to just poke it through, have seen him kick it from 48m before and make the distance when kicking through it. it's a lesson learnt even if he has repeat behavior in it (dabbing at the ball).

Tyler imo is not ready, if they want to feed games Rantall looks the most likely of the upcoming mids.

Quaynor is another who needs games.

He clearly didnt kick through the footy tried to just poke it through, have seen him kick it from 48m before and make the distance when kicking through it. it's a lesson learnt even if he has repeat behavior in it (dabbing at the ball).

Tyler imo is not ready, if they want to feed games Rantall looks the most likely of the upcoming mids.

Quaynor is another who needs games.

IF both Browns go out I would like to see Rantall get a Game

Doesn't want the big moments, he also kicks speculative lollipops to the top of the square when streaming into goal from 40 out.
Which even by not wanting responsibility is just bizarre.

I took note when he missed that goal 20 metres out against Essendon in that Anzac Day game last year. Seems to be an issue rather than an outlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back