Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s going very early on Tyler. Third year at the club, still yet to break through for a game.

Mightve been necessitated by Reid, Varcs, Dunn drooping off this year so no real risk giving the extra season but could this end up with us carrying a player like we did Crock/Gault?

im happy. Reckon they all have shown enough at this stage and am assuming they’re not massive contracts. Well done Pies!

I think he will grow into it, I was particularly impressed end of last season when he stood up to the pressure of the game and took it on more often than not. That can’t be taught. Needs to get tidier with ball in hand, I think that will come when he becomes a bit more confident and experienced.
From my memory, his contributions were winding down and he was then gifted a finals' series in which he was very quiet. The good games I recall were much earlier in the year.

whwt are the rules again?
Three lines; 5, 7, 5 syllables. At least that’s what I work to, I’m sure someone with more than a Corn Flakes box education on the matter will correct me.

There is always room for a few solid foot soldiers manic. Let's get specific:

Blair
L Brown
Toovey
Macaffer
Dawes

Gayfer
Turner
Kerrison
Manson

Those are the two I've seen first hand. You can debate the lists but there still IS a list.
The Human Blanket

Good news locking up three players of some talent but I’d imagine on the lesser sized contracts.

Murphy is still my pick of the three but have a strong feeling Callum is viewed pretty much by the inner circle as best 22.
Yes I agree, can't wait to see Murph get a good run at it. Could become a real damaging HB/wingman long term, with Tyler on the opposite wing.

Three lines; 5, 7, 5 syllables. At least that’s what I work to, I’m sure someone with more than a Corn Flakes box education on the matter will correct me.
I dream of Kelloggs
Corn Flakes, Froot Loops, Nutri Grain
Malicious Tall Jan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5, 7 ,5 is the standard high school english class haiku, but the Japanese genre that they're based on and named after have a variety of different forms. Focus is generally on two contrasting images, so cereal and malicious Jan works a treat.

Last edited:
If you follow the pies right back to the 70's you will find that the reason we lost so many GF is because we have always had "good foot soldiers", you need class and top end talent to actually win a GF, not foot soldiers

Yet all too frequently it's the failure of the "class and top end talent" to fire that costs. I'd argue it's the performances of the players ranked in the bottom half that's more consistently the difference. They play their roles across 4 quarters and quell the opposition's "class and top end talent" and it goes a long way toward winning.

That’s going very early on Tyler. Third year at the club, still yet to break through for a game.

Mightve been necessitated by Reid, Varcs, Dunn drooping off this year so no real risk giving the extra season but could this end up with us carrying a player like we did Crock/Gault?
Were the club as ever vocally bullish on Crocker or Gault like they are on Tyler?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back