Preview Geelong v Brisbane, Thursday 9 July at SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we will be destroyed in the ruck - over the past fortnight, Fort has come up against Gawn & Witts, and while Fort hasn't necessarily been the dominant ruck, he hasn't been blown away either, especially in terms of ruck contests

Against Melb:
- Gawn: 19 hitouts, 17 disposals
- Fort: 17 hitouts, 7 disposals

Against Suns:
- Witts: 29 hitouts & 9 disposals
- Fort: 25 hitouts & 12 disposals

When we played both those sides last year, we went in with Stanley as our #1 ruck and both Gawn & Witts finished with 50+ hitouts. I know that we are playing slightly shorter matches this season which will naturally contribute to lower totals than previous seasons, but at the same time, Fort isn't getting blown out of the water as some may have expected and instead has been quite competitive in the ruck battles, or at least not letting his opponent be totally dominant
Plus Fort spent 30 minutes on the bench against Witts, so I think with Fort STATS HE WENT GOOD

Don't know about that we actually went at the centre bounce,Parfitt,Guthrie.Duncan,Duncan Dangerfield,Parfitt on Rowell.

I'm going on what the commentators said during the match - I just remember after Parfitt went off following his goal, they mentioned Guthrie coming on in swap with Parfitt & going straight to Rowell

This is the frustration of not being at the game, is that you don't always get a clear picture of how the teams line up

I live in Sydney, any word on ticket sales ?
There was a restricted crowd at Giants Stadium on Sunday gone, may be in luck ?

Cameron is going to cause us all sorts of problems (again). I’d give O’Connor first crack but I don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Lloyd in the addy saying some younger players will be brought in this week to get some fresh legs into the side, and over the following month. Mentioned Clark, Constable, Fogarty, Simpson, Zuthrie (yuck) and Parsons.

When asked about Clark he said he came back from the break "in terrific condition". So we can officially put that garbage rumour of him being unfit to bed. Just needed to work on a few parts of his game he said.

Not sure we will be destroyed in the ruck - over the past fortnight, Fort has come up against Gawn & Witts, and while Fort hasn't necessarily been the dominant ruck, he hasn't been blown away either, especially in terms of ruck contests

Against Melb:
- Gawn: 19 hitouts, 17 disposals
- Fort: 17 hitouts, 7 disposals

Against Suns:
- Witts: 29 hitouts & 9 disposals
- Fort: 25 hitouts & 12 disposals

When we played both those sides last year, we went in with Stanley as our #1 ruck and both Gawn & Witts finished with 50+ hitouts. I know that we are playing slightly shorter matches this season which will naturally contribute to lower totals than previous seasons, but at the same time, Fort isn't getting blown out of the water as some may have expected and instead has been quite competitive in the ruck battles, or at least not letting his opponent be totally dominant
Gawn smashed Fort not sure where you got those numbers from, had 33 hitouts.

Fully expect Martin and McInerney will smash us in there.

Gawn smashed Fort not sure where you got those numbers from, had 33 hitouts.

Fully expect Martin and McInerney will smash us in there.

Might've had the other 14 hitouts when Sav was pinch-hitting in the ruck...

The SCG suits us. We play well there

smaller grounds definitely suit us given our lack of outside run.
I'd say off a 5 day break we have to have changes and then rotate the squad again for the following week.
bews is an ideal matchup for Cameron but bews might be injured.
I don't think we'll play both Stanley and fort so I think which one might be a lineball call.
I'd rest Ablett or Steven if the OPPO weren't so good but we might play the long game.
most of the swans talls are injured so we may need to rest a tall for team balance.
Atkins could come back in if he's right as they love him.
too early for cockatoo I think and constable would be some chance on a smaller ground.

my guess would be bews (inj) Narkle and Rohan and ablett/Steven managed for Clark Atkins and Fogarty.
you could put Constable in if you left one of the tall backs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back