Preview Geelong v Brisbane, Thursday 9 July at SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need someone who's proven to be able to run out 4 quarters, which Cockatoo hasn't yet. His time will come.
With the shortened games it's equivalent to 3 quarters. ;)

For the first time in a long time (as far as I can remember) I am finally not scared of the cats. With that said any team with Ablett Danger and selwood running the midfield shouldn't be taken lightly. Plus a team with some serious experience all round the ground such as Geelong.

Geez this should be a belter of a game. Will geelongs all round experience get the job. Or will Brisbane's lightning ball movement and youthfulness run away with it.

Damn whose excited.

For the first time in a long time (as far as I can remember) I am finally not scared of the cats. With that said any team with Ablett Danger and selwood running the midfield shouldn't be taken lightly. Plus a team with some serious experience all round the ground such as Geelong.

Geez this should be a better of a game. Will geelongs all round experience get the job. Or will Brisbane's lightning ball movement and youthfulness run away with it.

Damn whose excited.

Me. Will be a cracker. I reckon the Lions might pip us with some fast ball movement, but who knows on the day! Good luck!

Point taken... was Steven round 3 though?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The funny thing with Stevens is that he played more game time in round 3 against Carlton than he has in either of his 2 other games:
round 3: 6 disposals from 77% tog
round 4: 17 disposals from 70% tog
round 5: 17 disposals & a goal from 63% tog

So he's playing less each match but having a greater impact - though coming off a 5-day break he may have a rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing with Stevens is that he played more game time in round 3 against Carlton than he has in either of his 2 other games:
round 3: 6 disposals from 77% tog
round 4: 17 disposals from 70% tog
round 5: 17 disposals & a goal from 63% tog

So he's playing less each match but having a greater impact - though coming off a 5-day break he may have a rest

That is a good sign... still was risky throwing him in... we actually lost that game they threw him in so maybe they should not have

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be a reality check. Their midfield look very strong. Could take a keepings off Scott game plan to confuse them. Ablett rested.
I remember last seasons game being a bit of a down the line shootout. Could be the same this week? Although the SCG is a smaller ground than the Gabba so maybe not.

I remember last seasons game being a bit of a down the line shootout. Could be the same this week? Although the SCG is a smaller ground than the Gabba so maybe not.
Last years game was the most boring game of afl ive ever seen. Geelong kicked the ball to the boundary every chance we got. As did brisbane. We actually had players break clear of a pack only to handball it backwards to someone still in the pack. Not that we handball much. Players were clearly told to never handball unless thry had no choice. That game is infamous for how boring the strategies employed by the coaches were. You must be thinking of a different match.

Geelong kicked the ball to the boundary every chance we got. As did brisbane.
That's what I meant by a down the line shootout. Mark the ball at half back and kick it down the boundary line.

So with shorter boundaries we might see some more side-to-side kicking action while holding the ball up. It should be exciting stuff.

Geez this should be a belter of a game. Will geelongs all round experience get the job. Or will Brisbane's lightning ball movement and youthfulness run away with it.

Damn whose excited.
For the first time in a long time (as far as I can remember) I am finally convinced the Lions are top s**t.

Hope the boys have learned from their 2019 Finals campaign. As we know on this board, you don't win premierships in the H+A season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back