Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Bit of history

How border closures failed in 1919

The purpose of a vaccine is to provide immunity?

On confined ships with 3,700 souls and average age of over 70, only 20% contracted COVID, logic told us months ago that 80% of people have natural immunity.

Now after 4 months, more people have been infected and survived that even a greater percentage is immune.

Case numbers may increase but mortality will continue to drop as it has from 2 in a 1,000 to 1 in a 1,000

There is a s**t load of big pharma money at stake in this. Imagine how much governments might pay across the entire globe for a vaccine?
Imagine the revenue from all this testing.

As for the Tax Payer bill - it's immeasurable.

The fact that no government is promoting diet, nutrition, vitamins, or even exercise tells you they are all complicit directly or indirectly. The entire purpose of a vaccine is to provide immunity. Hello? Aren't healthier people more resilient? Ergo more immune. And how do you get or stay healthy? Is it good nutrition, exercise, vitamins, sunlight...?

The WHO is even paying poor countries per case of COVID to get everyone on board. Now, a wild guess would be that big pharma is underwriting the cheques.

Reports last week of 10,000s of Victorians refusing to be tested tells you the media assault is not working. People are suspicious. Things don't add up.
We might be docile and compliant whilst the government cheques come in but if and when they stop lookout. Big pharma is now in too deep. They desperately need an escape hatch, some clever narrative because as things look on the other side of this those hoped-for revenues aren't coming and their entire future is likely to come under severe public scrutiny.

I congratulate them on their audacity and the success they have enjoyed todae. But this is some hard core evil s**t. They have overplayed their hand. There be some anger brewing and it's likely Pharma will become a target for some airing of grievances.

It's going to be one hell of festivus this year.

Last edited:
Read it and wake yourself up
47y4hd.jpg

The purpose of a vaccine is to provide immunity?

On confined ships with 3,700 souls and average age of over 70, only 20% contracted COVID, logic told us months ago that 80% of people have natural immunity.

Now after 4 months, more people have been infected and survived that even a greater percentage is immune.

Case numbers may increase but mortality will continue to drop as it has from 2 in a 1,000 to 1 in a 1,000

There is a sh*t load of big pharma money at stake in this. Imagine how much governments might pay across the entire globe for a vaccine?
Imagine the revenue from all this testing.

As for the Tax Payer bill - it's immeasurable.

The fact that no government is promoting diet, nutrition, vitamins, or even exercise tells you they are all complicit directly or indirectly. The entire purpose of a vaccine is to provide immunity. Hello? Aren't healthier people more resilient? Ergo more immune. And how do you get or stay healthy? Is it good nutrition, exercise, vitamins, sunlight...?

The WHO is even paying poor countries per case of COVID to get everyone on board. Now, a wild guess would be that big pharma is underwriting the cheques.

Reports last week of 10,000s of Victorians refusing to be tested tells you the media assault is not working. People are suspicious. Things don't add up.
We might be docile and compliant whilst the government cheques come in but if and when they stop lookout. Big pharma is now in too deep. They desperately need an escape hatch, some clever narrative because as things look on the other side of this those hoped-for revenues aren't coming and their entire future is likely to come under severe public scrutiny.

I congratulate them on their audacity and the success they have enjoyed todae. But this is some hard core evil sh*t. They have overplayed their hand. There be some anger brewing and it's likely Pharma will become a target for some airing of grievances.

It's going to be one hell of festivus this year.

opinionpiece.jpg

International Journal of Infectious Diseases

This is a rubbish paper. Firstly it's retrospective and patient matching is terrible. I bet you haven't actually read the paper?

What stands out like dogs balls is that the HCQ treatment group received steroids in 77% of cases and the no HCQ group received steroids 34.7% of cases. A more likely explanation for the reduction in mortality is the increased use of steroids in the HCQ treatment group. Steroids have been shown to reduce mortality by about a third in sick patients with Covid19. This is good data, so a more likely and simpler explanation is we are seeing the benefit of steroids.

If you look closely at the data there are other red flags that something is not kosher, but the steroid use is the biggest. I am also a bit suss that the authors didn't highlight the mismatched steroid use. Usually when you write a scientific paper you point out it's limitations, these guys didn't.

The big UK study should have buried HCQ for good. There was never good data to show it's effectiveness.

Note that none of the official US administration doctors heralded this as a triumph, only the Trump and the financial guys. Somebodies got 60 million doses of HCQ to sell and it's going out of date sitting on the shelf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really

10 minutes will assist with D but not cause concern with Melanoma
But humans might not do that, putting on sunscreen and a hat before they leave the house. This is my point.

I mention it because I recall reading something about the whole vitamin D deficiency issue.

Go to the beach at Noosa at summer and burn time can be 7 minutes. People there might be missing out if they are covering up etc.

So it doesn’t seem to be a “lifestyle choice” or stupidity, just a bit of a clash between health objectives and their relative awareness programs.

But humans might not do that, putting on sunscreen and a hat before they leave the house. This is my point.

I mention it because I recall reading something about the whole vitamin D deficiency issue.

Go to the beach at Noosa at summer and burn time can be 7 minutes. People there might be missing out if they are covering up etc.

So it doesn’t seem to be a “lifestyle choice” or stupidity, just a bit of a clash between health objectives and their relative awareness programs.
Actually it will depend on UV number for the day

I said 10 (I rounded up) but I think the actual recommended figure is 8 minutes

I take your point though, unless one was aware of when the risk factors kick in they may well become confused about what may seem like a conflicting message

Do you think Dan Andrews wrote those Headlines?
I don’t think Andrews can be blamed for any of this, he would have extended lock down and enforced more stringent measures, but ultimately he buckled to the noise to ease up measures, I think because his own popularity was dwindling.

I don’t think Andrews can be blamed for any of this, he would have extended lock down and enforced more stringent measures, but ultimately he buckled to the noise to ease up measures, I think because his own popularity was dwindling.
Victoria was the last State to ease restrictions

Do you think all the other States (where there is currently no second wave) removed restrictions due to the lack of popularity of the Leaders?

WA is still has its Borders closed and has never reopened them, isn't McGowan on something like 83% popularity?

I don't think Andrews is solely to blame but did lol at the start and ending of your post. He deserves criticism much like if this lockdown works he will receive praise. Politicians will either have a job for life (McGowan) or fall very fast (Andrews) depending on numbers, much of which is down to luck.

Blaming any one person for anything is ridiculous. If cases spike in NSW, is Bolt going to blame Gladys for not putting in a hard border like the other states? Of course not, because he's a cheerleader and a muckraker.

This is Australia, we needed a moderate reaction. We're too free to make a full lockdown like China our first play. And we don't have the social code of Sweden to make soft restrictions our first play either. I think the moderate restrictions suited us in the beginning. The long term strategy is much tougher. We can't keep going in and out of lockdown permanently, but the virus isn't going to be eliminated. Vaccine talk has slowed quite a bit. Does WA stay shut forever? How long do international borders stay closed for? Does the virus run through us eventually? Is NZ delaying the inevitable? Etc

Who’s to blame for the Hotel Quarantine mess? Somebody is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back