Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
think we are being a bit harsh on H...wasn’t good last week, but only other game he’s played this year was against Geelong...he got three shots on goal that game and was serviceable without being at his best...

needs a chance to build into the season a little before we call a ‘make or break’ game for him...
I'm 60 now.......

think we are being a bit harsh on H...wasn’t good last week, but only other game he’s played this year was against Geelong...he got three shots on goal that game and was serviceable without being at his best...

needs a chance to build into the season a little before we call a ‘make or break’ game for him...

:thumbsu:

Yes I do. Second half of last year we went 6-5 and the side is better so yes

If we are so good, why wait until we are 2-4 (or more likely 2-5 after Port next week). Why not just win this week and get started now.
That’s our problem. We are far too good at honourable losses, at showing a bit when it doesn’t matter.

Tge time is never quite right to actually step up.

Well - today is arguably the closest we have been in 7 years. Either it happens today or we likely compete for a spoon again imo (the league is that even...)

Got a pork roast on, should be ready by the start of the game. Not sure of my chances of having both the boys pull off a win and my roast being a raging success. Happy to sacrifice the roast if that bargain must be struck with the footy gods.
So you are not Jewish then....:D

Apple sauce??

It is gonna be leftovers for my lot...by the time I got home from golf and had a couple of frothies I am too tuckered out to cook! :thumbsu:
I sincerely hope Carlton play a lot better than I did :'( (NAGA)

So you are not Jewish then....:D

Apple sauce??

It is gonna be leftovers for my lot...by the time I got home from golf and had a couple of frothies I am too tuckered out to cook! :thumbsu:
No apple sauce. Last time I made this roast the meat was brilliant but I effed up the gravy component - I'm hoping for a better result with the gravy!

Got a pork roast on, should be ready by the start of the game. Not sure of my chances of having both the boys pull off a win and my roast being a raging success. Happy to sacrifice the roast if that bargain must be struck with the footy gods.

I went gourmet.

Snags in bread, vanilla slice and a Woolies diced pineapple pack.

Livin' large.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree we are inconsistent. But we are not alone there. Many of the mid tier teams are just as inconsistent- some of which will scrape into the finals. Even the Tigers and WCE have been up and down this year. Sure I would like us to suddenly perform more consistently - if we did we would have won the game against the demons, possibly the saints ( beat them in the second half) likewise the Tigers. But is that realistic? To expect us to improve that much in one year. I am happy if we finish 8-10th this year.
In terms of qtrs won we have been more consistent than a lot of teams it’s just the gap between our best and worst that’s been the problem.

We are a very good chance today as Dogs tend to just try and play there game rather than use tags and other tactics to disrupt the other team, this gives us a great chance to get the game on our terms early and build some confidence as well as get our structures behind the ball set up properly, if we can do this we will be very hard to beat, pressure needs to be on from the start to get that control. Blues by 24

If we are so good, why wait until we are 2-4 (or more likely 2-5 after Port next week). Why not just win this week and get started now.
That’s our problem. We are far too good at honourable losses, at showing a bit when it doesn’t matter.

Tge time is never quite right to actually step up.

Well - today is arguably the closest we have been in 7 years. Either it happens today or we likely compete for a spoon again imo (the league is that even...)

Win today or we will be fighting for the spoon? That's serious hyperbole and overreacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back