Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do as well.

Ultimately it comes down to this;

I only want to keep Brad if we can't get pick 2. IF that is the case, then only on a 3 year deal.

We are 5 years away from being a real contender (if everything goes right). Brad will be well past his best by then, but pick 2 could be reaching their peak.
We need to stick to the plan and focus on the next premiership, not the next 2 years.
I reckon there's a very good chance we could be in striking distance of challenging within 3 years, and be really in the mix 4-5 years from now. Having Brouch in that time could be really handy (assuming he stays healthy) and should be good for 6 more years - the known top-shelf quality. But as you say, time would be up after that. Really though, either way is good for us.

Man that sucks. One of the best posters on here. Mainly because we almost always agree :p

Hope he comes back.

I think he got bitch slapped one too many times by a couple of posters, lost arguments and then lost the plot. Not surprising he cancelled.

Listening to Adam Kelly, it doesn't sound like it's pick 2 or keeping him. He did say there might be some deals which were in between and good for both parties.

I hope he's not talking about 15 and 16 from Geelong! I wonder if it's a 3 way deal
Adel - pick 4
Syd - 11 and 15 (better points than 4)
Geelong - BC

I'd look at this deal TBH.
Interesting take.

The only in betweens that I can think of that are better or acceptable are things with a really high potential next year first rounder, say kangaroos or hawthorn (plus of course still a decent first rounder this year) or any of the above, plus a decent player coming back.

Man that sucks. One of the best posters on here. Mainly because we almost always agree :p

Hope he comes back.
I agree we had our differences usually on the same couple of players but he was one of the the most respected posters on here and he is certainly missed as is Elite Crow.

Do we look at trading picks 20 & 30 (1542pts) to Western Bulldogs for their 1st 11-14 and their future 2nd. Gives them more points this draft and picks 20-30 will slide back a fair bit if we were to use them.

Would be huge if we had picks 1, 2, 10, 12, along with Edwards, Newchurch and Borlase. Trade 12 for Hately and Caldwell. Just pay Caldwell he has attributes we need in the midfield, front end his deal.

On SM-G950U using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching two games today .....Perth v Swan Districts (McDonald v Grainger-Barras) ....and West Adelaide v WWT ( Thilthorpe v Jones)

What happened to the SANFL :eek: ......compared to the WAFL it's a joke of a competition ...players fat, unfit, can't hit a 20 mtr kick

It's a reserves comp now, disappointing standard .....the WAFL by comparison is chalk & cheese guys are fit, skilled and an enjoyable standard

Do we look at trading picks 20 & 30 (1542pts) to Western Bulldogs for their 1st 11-14 and their future 2nd. Gives them more points this draft and picks 20-30 will slide back a fair bit if we were to use them.

Would be huge if we had picks 1, 2, 10, 12, along with Edwards, Newchurch and Borlase. Trade 12 for Hately and Caldwell. Just pay Caldwell he has attributes we need in the midfield, front end his deal.

Thats favourite to happen i think and we don't bid juh

Listening to Adam Kelly, it doesn't sound like it's pick 2 or keeping him. He did say there might be some deals which were in between and good for both parties.

I hope he's not talking about 15 and 16 from Geelong! I wonder if it's a 3 way deal
Adel - pick 4
Syd - 11 and 15 (better points than 4)
Geelong - BC

I'd look at this deal TBH.
Only way I could see that trade making sense for Geelong or Sydney is if Geelong offer a low enough contract that we're prepared to match, and Sydney expect us/NM/Hawthorn to bid on Campbell, and we're using that leverage to make them make a trade.
Thilthorpe likely available at pick 4, which means we can end up with Hollands and Thilthorpe. Would be an ok outcome.

Watching two games today .....Perth v Swan Districts (McDonald v Grainger-Barras) ....and West Adelaide v WWT ( Thilthorpe v Jones)

What happened to the SANFL :eek: ......compared to the WAFL it's a joke of a competition ...players fat, unfit, can't hit a 20 mtr kick

It's a reserves comp now, disappointing standard .....the WAFL by comparison is chalk & cheese guys are fit, skilled and an enjoyable standard

SA might have some good players, enough to beat WA .....but the standard of WAFL is way way better than SANFL

I think he got b*tch slapped one too many times by a couple of posters, lost arguments and then lost the plot. Not surprising he cancelled.
Wasn't he on the podcast?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a bit of a mock draft earlier in the year. I only did up to pick 25 I think it was. At that point there was 6 players taken by matching, but there were also 6 extra picks taken out of the draft because those players were worth such high points. The moral of this story is, is that although picks get lower at the end of the draft in past drafts, they're usu in the 40 or 50 range, this year though, picks in the mid 30's and beyond are actually going to be coming forward not going back.

I think bulldogs will be after 2200 points from most teams for their first rounder, except the team that has number 1, who they might accept 1700 points off if they promise not to nominate JUH at 1. I half think we should do that and then still nominate him as payback for Keath.

It's getting a bit messy but for GWS to make finals obviously they have to win and ideally get a decent margin, but also dogs not to win. Also Melbourne not to win.

I don't want to jinx ourselves but it's looking likely the GWS pick will be top 10? Because that's amazing...
There's no way GWS are making up that percentage. They have missed. The only change will be if the Bulldogs lose. They shouldn't and are more worthy finalist than Melb.

21 in 10 days. I feel the concern with fog is that he hasn't been able to get himself superfit since he's been on our list, doesn't take contested marks and his turning circle is not great. He needs a massive preseason as next year is a very important year for his career.
I look at someone like petracca, bit if a man child such as fog, only hitting his straps now at 24. I’m not too worried yet

I agree we had our differences usually on the same couple of players but he was one of the the most respected posters on here and he is certainly missed as is Elite Crow.
Know what happened to EC? Last post on 14 April in the corona thread. Double sad

There's no way GWS are making up that percentage. They have missed. The only change will be if the Bulldogs lose. They shouldn't and are more worthy finalist than Melb.

I'm not a hater but it would be great if they missed finals, just so the pick remains low. Obviously they're in terrible form right now but all it takes is a win or two in finals and the pick goes exponentially higher.

Only way I could see that trade making sense for Geelong or Sydney is if Geelong offer a low enough contract that we're prepared to match, and Sydney expect us/NM/Hawthorn to bid on Campbell, and we're using that leverage to make them make a trade.
Thilthorpe likely available at pick 4, which means we can end up with Hollands and Thilthorpe. Would be an ok outcome.

Literally zero chance anyone trades picks for Brouch, his entire upside is that he will only cost cash not picks. Both Geelong and Sydney absolutely need to get more youth in.

I see them differently I see all of Hollands, Perkins and Hately as mids with the versatility to play inside mid/outside mid/forward/wing, in fact almost anywhere on the ground other than Ruck/KPP.

Hately in particular had well and truly proven himself as a midfielder no different to Phillips prior to his draft, in fact Hately's National Championships as an under-ager in 2017 were superior to that of Will Phillips in 2019. Hately's 2 under age 2017 Championships games resulted in 39 disposals 7.5 Kicks 12 handballs average/game whereas Phillips' 1 game in 2019 returned 12 disposals 2 kicks 10 handballs.

Hately played mostly midfield at the 2018 Championships played all 4 games and averaged 22.5 disposals 10.3 kicks 12.2 handballs 5.75 clearances 4.3 marks 5.2 tackles per game......He isn't ending up a wingman/half forward at the Crows although he certainly has the versatility to do so if required. Don't be fooled by what you've seen at the GWS because he absolutely, positively has not been played in his best position.....midfield.

With any luck get Hately for free through PSD.

I think he got b*tch slapped one too many times by a couple of posters, lost arguments and then lost the plot. Not surprising he cancelled.
Pretty sure he passed along the now thoroughly disproved ‘Worrell wants out‘ rumour that did the rounds in here a few months back. Was about the last thing I remember seeing him post.

If you’re reading this Pete, it’s all good buddy, we all make mistakes

I'm assuming both those 2 things will happen

Next man up. Provides an opportunity for some of the younger posters. Play your role. Back our structures in.
The harsh reality is some people need a break because forums can be addictive and tiring. I personally find being insulted just because your opinion may differ does get tiring. If everyone just debated nicely rather than the lazy insult more posters would stay. But that's just me.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back