Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputations are made in finals

Fraser much better record
A ruckman not a follower

Go watch some you tube

I saw alot of Josh play and agree that he is vastly underrated. His performance in the 03 GF was superhuman but unfortunately it's Clarke Keating that is remembered for influencing the game in the ruck, by punching the ball 20 meters forward a few times. Josh's biggest flaw in his game is was that he couldn't win a hit out, a bit of a problem for a ruckman.

I was there too and I agree. Then last year he was beaten by Mumford in the prelim, a game where he amassed countless hit outs to the opposition.
He cracks under pressure. 2020 has been all about a different kind of pressure and he went to water.

When a ruckman has 20 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 4 tackles and 73 hitouts its fair to say he at least broken even against a bloke who got 8 touches, 14 hitouts and seven clangers....

When a ruckman has 20 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 4 tackles and 73 hitouts its fair to say he at least broken even against a bloke who got 8 touches, 14 hitouts and seven clangers....
And, at 3 quarter time, we were 26 points down and had kicked a grand total of 3 goals... despite all that dominance.
Nah, ruckmen are largely over-rated. Our last decent one was Monkhurst and the greatest in my lifetime was (IMO) Simon Madden.. a dual premiership ruckman who kicked nearly SIX HUNDRED GOALS. Let that one sink in.

Reputations are made in finals

Fraser much better record
A ruckman not a follower

Go watch some you tube
Agree, he was an absolute warrior. He battled on without help for years.
I ran into him in 2012, before a Suns game on the Gold Coast. I was living just south of the border (means so much more these days), and was starved of footy, so I went to a few Suns games. Anyway, we had a quick chat. He’s a lovely humble guy who got moved on by Collingwood in a similar way to Starce. These kind of endings sadden me.

He got owned in the Grand Final. I was there. I sat on the wing. In the members. I watched it. Those spuds; Vardy and Lycette had the games of their lives.

They Tagged Grundy out of the Game and was HUGE reason they won the Flag

Hmmm, doubt Phillips will hold his spot, Howe likely will stay in the top 10 given they’re over 1/2 way, but could still slide out. Can’t see Adams getting caught from there given he was better toward the end of the season.

Which meant no more cheapies going forward

He needs to adjust his game and impose himself physically

More marks
Get in dangerous spots
Not cheapies on spreading to a wing

Let's hope this season's a outlier

And, at 3 quarter time, we were 26 points down and had kicked a grand total of 3 goals... despite all that dominance.
Nah, ruckmen are largely over-rated. Our last decent one was Monkhurst and the greatest in my lifetime was (IMO) Simon Madden.. a dual premiership ruckman who kicked nearly SIX HUNDRED GOALS. Let that one sink in.
Well Grundys a follower
Not a ruckman

For the 10000000 time
Has limited football knowledge
Ex basketballer and the only guy I can remember out of plenty being ok is Goldstein

Similar
Not strong overhead
Not physical
You don't make these blokes your top earners

Rove's his own ball

Woopee

Should we trade for McInerney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a club, we failed in the coaching box to change something that wasn't working. Grundy is a good ruckman, but he's too predictable. Opposition teams know he'll palm it down with the same hand every time. Just belting the ball forward occasionally mixes it up, and if we plan for it, we surely can't be any worse off than getting repeatedly sharked.

As a club, we failed in the coaching box to change something that wasn't working. Grundy is a good ruckman, but he's too predictable. Opposition teams know he'll palm it down with the same hand every time. Just belting the ball forward occasionally mixes it up, and if we plan for it, we surely can't be any worse off than getting repeatedly sharked.

My opinion is Grundy is very good player, I think he played injured most of the year, and has had a heavy workload for the past 3-4 years. And he looked worn out. I'm not sure why Collingwood didn't rest him for 3-4 weeks and play Cameron and cox in the ruck.

Also has bucks lost confidence in him, against wce he started both the third a fourth quarter on the bench, this is a guy on a big long term contract, where the crows and power now both have good ruckman. So he's not getting traded back home anytime soon.

For Grundy to take the next step, he needs to kick bags of goals and become a dangerous option fwd, many sides are having a ruck go against him around the ground and the they push forward and they play 4 miss, where Grundy looks slow. I hope he works on fwd and ruck craft for season 21

My opinion is Grundy is very good player, I think he played injured most of the year, and has had a heavy workload for the past 3-4 years. And he looked worn out. I'm not sure why Collingwood didn't rest him for 3-4 weeks and play Cameron and cox in the ruck.
If he passes a fitness test, how do you prevent him from playing? I would expect Grundy himself would be against it.

He got owned in the Grand Final. I was there. I sat on the wing. In the members. I watched it. Those spuds; Vardy and Lycette had the games of their lives.
Grundy actually got better stats than the two of them combined. They did a good tagging job, and the rest of the team wasn't good enough to capitalise that they used two blokes to negate 1 of ours.

If he passes a fitness test, how do you prevent him from playing? I would expect Grundy himself would be against it.

You just tell him have 3-4 weeks to freshen the body, Geelong did that with Selwood this year held him back, especially when Cameron has looked promising in the ruck, there's no doubt Grundy was lame both finals

You just tell him have 3-4 weeks to freshen the body, Geelong did that with Selwood this year held him back, especially when Cameron has looked promising in the ruck, there's no doubt Grundy was lame both finals

You don't have your All-Australian and Back to Back Copeland Trophy Winner sitting on the bench for about 40% of the Game IF Not Injured

You don't have your All-Australian and Back to Back Copeland Trophy Winner sitting on the bench for about 40% of the Game IF Not Injured

Exactly, but why let him get to that stage, give him two to three weeks off before finals, Cameron showed potential, why run Grundy into the ground, you want him firing for finals

Exactly, but why let him get to that stage, give him two to three weeks off before finals, Cameron showed potential, why run Grundy into the ground, you want him firing for finals

That be Common Sense and our Footy Department is not very good

Trust me, lots were calling for it around here

When your ruckman has more (20) contested possessions than Pendles, Sidey and Adams combined (19) and we lose the team contested possessions by plenty I think we can start to see where we are going wrong.

When your ruckman has more clearances (10) than Pendles, Sidey and Adams combined (9 combined) and we lose the clearances by a mile I think we can see where the issues were.

When our best and fastest outside mid Treloar is getting 15 handballs and double the contested possesions (12) of our best inside mid Adams (6) who managed to not handball the ball once all ******* game you see where the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back