Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn't seem to be a whole lotta respect for our club, and its chances in the GF, on the Tiger's board

Just a point, you maybe looked at the banter thread ? We dont have our preview up as yet. Beware the banter thread, its meant to provoke bites so both sides can freely just pot each other without risk of infraction. Both supporter groups will go in 100% confident of a win. Cats have had a PF where they dominated a side from go to woe and did it with so much at stake. Tigers just had a hugely contested and aggressive contest with the minor premiers and got the win.

It's going to be a cracker. All i know from a tiger view point. We have to bring the pressure and close your space as the two main focuses on the day. Back our team defense to be able to close space and run till we have nothing in the tank. If we do what Brisbane did and allow you to distribute at will, we will be cut to pieces.

Hard to tip against the Tigers who I have rated as the best all season, and I thought it was going to be a Port Tigers GF.
But watching us the last 2 games, we are exerting the type of manic pressure that wins finals, and reproducing that mid season form when we smashed Saints and Port.
We so much WANT us to win this game for all the obvious reasons- GAJ, Danger, CS, Blicavs, and the whole squad that has got us here--just beating the Tigers in a GF for the first time ever.
I want to say us, and that is more hope than faith at this point.

Hate to be pedantic but we beat Richmond in the 1931 VFL grand final. Hopefully we can do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t tigers won 8 out of 9 coming into the GF?
In the last 10 they are 8 and 2.

In the last 10 we are 8 and 2.

But I always feel you can read more into finals form.

We were better than Port, but didn't put it on the scoreboard. But we play that match 10 times, I feel we win 7 of them.
Brisbane were all over Richmond. And I think they play that match 10 times, and Brisbane win 7 of them.

We got a mentally spent Collingwood, and absolutely put them to the sword.
Richmond got an underdone St Kilda, missing key players through injury and suspension, and yet Saints had as many scoring shots. Richmond uncharacteristically accurate in the first half which put the game to bed. Richmond kicked 9.1 to 3.6 and some of those 2nd quarter misses were due to Saints players inexperience.

Come to the Prelim, and like the previous matches we have control and don't put it on the scoreboard but weight of opportunity eventually opens the flood gates. 22 scoring shots and 5 rushed behinds to 12.

Richmond have 13 scoring shots and 3 rushed behinds to Ports 9 scoring shots and 1 rushed behind. Richmond surprisingly won the clearances by a big amount, a luxury they won't likely get V Geelong, and that they didn't V Sts and lost the clearances V Brisbane.

Or if you are reallllly superstitious,
Richmond beat Brisbane during the season, lost to them during the finals.
Richmond lost to St Kilda during the season, beat them during the finals.
Richmond lost to Port Adelaide during the season, beat them during finals.

Richmond beat Geelong during the season, lets hope that trend continues...

I'm not so convinced playing one key forward would work against Richmond given they have Astbury, Balta, Grimes... Too easy for them to double/triple team Tomahawk. Though we seem to be playing our best footy with this setup, perhaps Stanley goes down there 30% at least for a chop out. Release Blicavs up the ground at times.

I'm not so convinced playing one key forward would work against Richmond
We don't

We'll have Hawk + Rohan and one of Stanley or Danger down there for the majority of the match.

edit: Brisbanes defensive setups are just as good as Richmond when it comes to intercepting/stopping F50 entries. If we could do it against Brisbane, we can do it against Richmond.

Just a point, you maybe looked at the banter thread ? We dont have our preview up as yet. Beware the banter thread, its meant to provoke bites so both sides can freely just pot each other without risk of infraction. Both supporter groups will go in 100% confident of a win. Cats have had a PF where they dominated a side from go to woe and did it with so much at stake. Tigers just had a hugely contested and aggressive contest with the minor premiers and got the win.

It's going to be a cracker. All i know from a tiger view point. We have to bring the pressure and close your space as the two main focuses on the day. Back our team defense to be able to close space and run till we have nothing in the tank. If we do what Brisbane did and allow you to distribute at will, we will be cut to pieces.
Yeah I think like all big clubs Richmond suffers from having more nuffies just on the basic statistics of having more fans. In the age of the internet where the outliers are painting the whole group with their brush it makes it hard to be a normal supporter of a big club. On the same token it makes it an empirical fact that your worst 100 supporters are worse than our worse hundred.

Hopefully we have a cracking gf

Anyone else know why the tigers board think that our only chance of winning is if Sav comes in?

It's leaving me totally perplexed.

Wishful thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so convinced playing one key forward would work against Richmond given they have Astbury, Balta, Grimes... Too easy for them to double/triple team Tomahawk. Though we seem to be playing our best footy with this setup, perhaps Stanley goes down there 30% at least for a chop out. Release Blicavs up the ground at times.
Thing is the last few weeks we have had Danger deep forward for a lot of the match, along with Hawkins, and Stanley has frequently taken the centre bounce and pushed forward and let Blicavs take the work around the ground.

Stanley plays more centrally. Last time we played Richmond we kept looking to Esava on the wings. When he went deep forward late, we went direct and opened Richmond up.

How is this scum club full of dirty snipers, and their disgusting, arrogant supporters worth even a tiny shred of respect?

Yeah, nah mate.
You're obviously a kid. I wrote here many years ago that people have forgotten what tiger supporters are like when they have swagger.

I don't see thier team as having snipers. At all.

Maybe you'd prefer that no one has respect for you and just refers to handbaggers?
The game is won on the field.
But a hell of a lot of respect is earned off it.

Some supporters need to remember that. Maybe you're included.

We don't

We'll have Hawk + Rohan and one of Stanley or Danger down there for the majority of the match.

edit: Brisbanes defensive setups are just as good as Richmond when it comes to intercepting/stopping F50 entries. If we could do it against Brisbane, we can do it against Richmond.
Rohan and Danger are not key forwards... but let's see. It might work.

Thing is the last few weeks we have had Danger deep forward for a lot of the match, along with Hawkins, and Stanley has frequently taken the centre bounce and pushed forward and let Blicavs take the work around the ground.

Stanley plays more centrally. Last time we played Richmond we kept looking to Esava on the wings. When he went deep forward late, we went direct and opened Richmond up.
Yes and Rohan plays pretty tall, would love him to hang onto a few more marks but at least he can prevent some marks by defenders.

You're obviously a kid. I wrote here many years ago that people have forgotten what tiger supporters are like when they have swagger.

Maybe you'd prefer that no one has respect for you and just refers to handbaggers?

:think:

Lynch on Collins or Witherden? Cotchin on Jones. They have snipers. Don't excuse the filth.

Is this a joke?

I thought I stumbled onto the Richmond board for a second

If Dusty goes the fend-off to the chest, cats players need to grab his wrist with both hands and bring him down.

Players get in trouble when they try to reach for his torso when getting fended. They never get their hands close enough and that’s how the fend-off works.

Grab his wrist and hold on tight. Then he can’t handball and tough to kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dusty has been getting caught htb a lot recently. I think that's part of what's driving him to spend so much time forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back