4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely whitewashing countries like Sri Lanka doesn’t help either? At least this was a competitive series that went down to the wire.
Winning is generally better than losing though when it comes to popularity. Wouldn't want to lose too much if you want to win over the youth. Plenty of competition around nowadays along with the BBL for young minds.

Totally fair IMO

I think that is fine. All the "experts " wrote them off after one test in a four match series. He is obviously feeling proud of the way his team, despite the unavailability of Kohli, and huge injury toll during the series, didn't roll-over and accept all the external noise and opinions.
Unbelievable performance from India, and one that has left alot of the cricket fraternity in this country, with egg on their faces!!

India has a star in Gill, needs to tweak a few things with his technique, but geez India has a very good player.

I think he will slot into India;s number 3 or 4 slot.

I don't think we know what we want from Green.

I think ultimately he is picked as a batsman and he can bowl a bit if we get an injury. Not unlike Labushagne who can bowl a few overs for variety. I like Green and happy to keep him in the side for the long term but if that's his role he needs to do more with the bat as his career progresses.
Green showed plenty for his first series. Too often he came in a 4 for not many and played fairly well. He will learn. Paine underbowled him and he looked lost for what his role was. Needed a few good long spells to get some rhythm. He will be a gun for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should have tweeted “shame you won’t play another test, but hey, at least your teammates like you”
Paine went and congratulated every Indian player after their win, I’m sure Ashwin can handle banter on a sporting field. Pant talks all day behind the stumps as well, it’s just Aussies can’t understand what he’s saying. Do you think players like Gilly didn’t say a thing while keeping to try put batsmen off? Just didn’t have stump mics to hear it back then

India has a star in Gill, needs to tweak a few things with his technique, but geez India has a very good player.

I think he will slot into India;s number 3 or 4 slot.
They may as well keep opening him. He plays there most of the time anyways doesn't he? India also have a #3 & #4 already. They need a opener more

Australia has alot of technical and patience issues with its batting. For a team, now formerly, the number 1 test team in the world, the top order, besides Labuschange and Smith, is ordinary. Even Warner against decent bowling is struggling.
Wins against inferior opposition cover these flaws, but against good bowling attacks, the weaknesses are fully exposed. There needs to be changes, and the opportunity should be taken in the Sth Africa series to try some other players eg. Carey, Whiteman, McDermott, Swepson, Sangha etc

Last edited:
Australia has alot of technical and patience issues with its batting. For a team, now formerly, the number 1 test team in the world, the top order, besides Labuschange and Smith, is ordinary. Even Warner against decent bowling is struggling.
Wins against inferior opposition cover these flaws, but against good bowling attacks, the weaknesses are fully exposed. There needs to be changes, and the opportunity should be taken in the series to try some other players eg. Carey, Whiteman, McDermott, Swepson, Sangha etc

Didn't he make 300 against Pakistan?

Warner is a home track bully, Marnus has been very lucky this series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back