Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they are serious they would move the guy on. How many years can somebody hold a job, build you your team, trade players, recruit players and deliver no success at all. None, nothing.

If they are serious they would move the guy on. How many years can somebody hold a job, build you your team, trade players, recruit players and deliver no success at all. None, nothing.

If they were serious, they wouldn't have a guy who has delivered nothing but failure for 20 years still there. So why not make it 30?

There wouldn't be another professional sports team in the world that would keep a guy in a similar role with this record around for this long. Which shows you that you can't really treat Essendon as a sports team, but more like a weird cult.

If they were serious, they wouldn't have a guy who has delivered nothing but failure for 20 years still there. So why not make it 30?

There wouldn't be another professional sports team in the world that would keep a guy in a similar role with this record around for this long. Which shows you that you can't really treat Essendon as a sports team, but more like a weird cult.
It's ******* beyond me. As a big club off the field make a ******* statement. Get rid of everyone in the footy department who've been there for the last 5 years. Do something. Anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think TerryWallet has a theory on how Adrian not only keeps his job but keeps getting promoted despite the team's he builds failing year on year on year, etc. Be keen to know more details. IIRC it was something about knowing where the bodies and/or spreadsheets are buried.

It's certainly an anachronism that someone with such a mediocre record keeps his job and even keeps getting promoted in such a cutthroat industry.

I think we're finding this out.
So far, 14 years

It’s funny how people come here calling for Adrian’s scalp as if he is going to be held in any way accountable.
It’s quite the opposite in fact.
Adrian sits on the executive and enjoys the backing of the president, Kevin Sheedy and the coteries.
He’s never been more powerful at the club and indeed, he DOES the hiring and the firing as Dan the man Richardson can attest too ...

I think TerryWallet has a theory on how Adrian not only keeps his job but keeps getting promoted despite the team's he builds failing year on year on year, etc. Be keen to know more details. IIRC it was something about knowing where the bodies and/or spreadsheets are buried.

It's certainly an anachronism that someone with such a mediocre record keeps his job and even keeps getting promoted in such a cutthroat industry.
Coteries and essendon people keep him there.
He has a hard nosed approach to trade week and i imagine the club feels they're in safe hands.
And we can just sack coaches when results don't pan out.

2018 - we finished equal wins with port.
Brisbane were at the bottom of the ladder
Both finished top 2 last year whilst we head to bottom 2

2016 - ess and tigers are both bottom 5 teams reaching their lowest ebbs off-field.
Tigers have created a dynasty through shrewd drafting and recruiting.
Ess werr handed a stronger draft position in the coming 2 years via the bans. 4 top 20 picks came in. Crows had a worse draft ban than us over tippett.
They play in the GF the following year.

2014 - ess finish a game ahead of west coast and adelaide. Both clubs will go on to play in GFs in the coming years.
Eagles highest picks in that time were venables and brander in the teens.

Brutal truth is we havent been able to build the foundations of a good list and strong club culture.

Maybe you could ask the club as they don’t seem to listen to us.
Sure there are a few Dodoro cultists out there but I’m sure most want him gone too

It’s funny how people come here calling for Adrian’s scalp as if he is going to be held in any way accountable.
It’s quite the opposite in fact.
Adrian sits on the executive and enjoys the backing of the president, Kevin Sheedy and the coteries.
He’s never been more powerful at the club and indeed, he DOES the hiring and the firing as Dan the man Richardson can attest too ...
Correct.
To get rid of Dodo, you have to cut the head off the Dragon.Get rid of Sheedy first.

Correct.
To get rid of Dodo, you have to cut the head off the Dragon.Get rid of Sheedy first.
Sheedy was gone for years while dodoro flourished.
First removed, then coaching gws.
Only really came back to placate supporters a couple of years ago.

Heart of this lies elsewhere.

Fair point though. What exactly sheedy is supposed to bring to the club is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back