Autopsy Freo Down Hawks by 15 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe A grader is the wrong term, and I should have used Star player.

The type of player could take a final apart. I hope the players 2 or 3 of your players develop into stars, but I have have not seen it.

I thought we played sh*t after quarter time. Was that purely down to our bottom 5 players? We did not play a great side.
We played shit for 20 minutes. Dominated the 1st and 4th, won the 3rd, got smashed in the 2nd.

Today was one of those wins that builds resilience and confidence.

Maybe A grader is the wrong term, and I should have used Star player.

The type of player could take a final apart. I hope the players 2 or 3 of your players develop into stars, but I have have not seen it.

I thought we played sh*t after quarter time. Was that purely down to our bottom 5 players?

You have the footy I.Q. of someone who can barely tie their shoelaces.

Butters
Brayshaw
Serong
Cerra
Rozee
Dursma

I’d take them in that order. But Brayshaw is close to passing Butters. He’s copping tags while a brownlow medalist runs free.

I really doubt Hughes will get dropped. He wasn’t too bad doing some good. But boy when he makes a howler it 100% leads to a goal. Three turnovers that all led to goals.

It is that hesitation he takes that then leads to turnover. Just take the first option.
Hughes has this unreal ability to directly stop and create opposition goals during a game. I’ve not see anything like it where one player can single handidly be a force of reckoning for both teams...

Thoughts:

CJ vs Freddy was awesome. How good was it after Freddy kicked that goal on the goal line and went full super sayin in front of the crowd. Cant wait to see him in a finals game.
I thought if Treacy kicked that goal in the first Hawthorn would've lost hope, but we kept them in it.
That blonde umpire with the mullet literally paid no frees and it was great! Darcy and Meek were just shoving blokes everywhere, Mundy and Tabs were basically throwing it to teammates, Frosty even got to chop the arms every second Freo inside 50.
For all the LDU and Brayshaw debates, Brayshaw has one thing LDU hasn't - a tank. It's been there since his first game but he runs out games really well. Even today he was down and yet started really impacting late.
Colyer literally won the game for us. LOL. I see Western eventually taking his spot but having a bit of speed in the team adds a lot of balance.
Tabs works best when there are two other talls in the F50, he'll run up the ground and most defenders are prepared to let him go to defend the space. In the last few games he'll get the pill and kick to Henry on a 1 on 3. Today having Treacy in there let Darcy just monster everything. Really awesome combination atm. and Lobb back in a few weeks..... :D

I think JLO can coach well but he instructs his players to impact the player with the pill more than the opposition as a whole. Lyon was similar. It used to drive me insane when they would leave their man and press up at the carrier only for the opposition player to loop a handball over the top. Today it started to make sense to me but it depends on the other team choking and coughing it up. If the other team is really clean and can shrug tackles (like Carlton last week) it falls apart. Lots to play out but I think we'll learn how effective it is against the Eagles who have the mental edge against us and don't exactly ... choke (lol) when we play them.

Sturt should have had a least one shot from a lead but didn't get the obvious arm chop. He also looks a fair bit off full fitness.

You think that Rozee is currently an A-Grader? Dude is miles off it. His highlights look great but he is inconsistent and also injury seem to be getting a hold of him.

Even Butters isn't A Grade. He plays the odd A grade game but doesn't rack up 20+2 every week and gets to do it in a much better side. Andy (esp) and Cez do similar.

We also have plenty of A-Grade candidates. Some will step up and some wont.
Butters and Rozee are in situations were they get to be the icing on the cake, Brayshaw, Cerra etc are our cake.

Haven’t been on this board long but one thing I’ve noticed is if we had lost today this thread would be 20 pages deep already.

In the Dept we call it 'cumulative harm', if at the end of 2001 digital technology was as advanced as it was today this forum would have been an encyclopaedia of tragicomedy.

It's been an extremely anxious, uncertain and challenging time as a Freo supporter since we were all about 5 years younger, the glass half-empty perspective.

However, I'd combine that with a general lessening of a a collective self-reflective, internally critical and emotionally intelligent Bigfooty posting realm. People just don't thing as clearly, write reflectively without the analysis and introspection we did in years past.

Also good win tonight.

We played sh*t for 20 minutes. Dominated the 1st and 4th, won the 3rd, got smashed in the 2nd.

Today was one of those wins that builds resilience and confidence.

I agree. The Hawks saw us last week and thought we'd wilt under some physical pressure. Clarko looking for a cheap way to win. We weren't amazing but we did stick it out and watching Brayshaw not give up and influence the match in the last was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An away win in Adelaide next week would be huge to put this team on the map a bit more. Injury permitting, I think we are heading in the right direction but my biggest long term concern is the lack of A grade talent in the forward line, or indeed potential A grade talent. When we do start competing at the business end it’s going to bite us very hard sadly.

Sooo 1 month of footy down

Positives
- Brayshaw is good enough to get tags, at 21yo, with a dual Brownlow medallist in the side.
- Sky is the limit fo Chapman
- Our ball movement when we are on top is as good as any. 30+ shots on goal in our wins is impressive.
- Darcy is emerging as a legit ruck/fwd (when out of the goal square)
- Injury list is looking betterish (Switta and Young 😟)
- Cerra is emerging as a legit midfield star, needs to keep standing up when AB is getting tagged (like he did today)
-Mundy4hundy
- Switta’s return has been excellent
- Meek gives us assurance if we don’t have one of Darcy/Lobb
- Freddy grows every game, could be anything
- No 2nd year blues for Serong (mark of a serious player IMO), look for him to explode next year or the year after.
- Team responded to that horrific Carlton game by standing up for AB and responding when pushed, impressive.

Negative
- Far too much reliance on Mundy for my liking
- The two losses were disgusting, the Carlton game had best be our worst performance for the year
- Goal kicking is now a growing concern
- Can’t have such a divide between home and away games
- Skills fall away more than they should under pressure (expect this to improve with time given the age demo of the team.

Looks like we are at best a bottom of the 8 team which is a little disappointing but probably me thinking we could be more was getting ahead of myself. We are in a very odd awkward spot where our best two players (Fyfe/Mundy) might not be around for a proper push. I hope Bell and co keep going to the draft, the young talent we have is incredible, don’t over reach for a big name

Wow Ok
I'm gonna rewatch the game and pay more attention to his moves
I was probably too enraptured with Serong and Mundy and taking in the whole scene

I honestly watched a few of his contests and thought he could have gone harder, smother here , tackle there . 🤔
If you want to criticise him, a couple of times he took too long to kick, one when Fyfe was calling for it up the line. By the time Cerra kicked it, Fyfe was doubled team and we lost the ball. Done quickly, he was one on one and always going mark It. Otherwise I think he was very good.

Fyfe’s game a bit underrated because of the shitful kicking at goal. If he kicks half of them it’s a monster game. I think his presence forward when he drifted up there made it easier for Darcy etc. 31 touches, and should have kicked at least a couple.

He’s a superb field kick these days. It’s quite ridiculous he sprays set shots straight in front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sooo 1 month of footy down

Positives
- Brayshaw is good enough to get tags, at 21yo, with a dual Brownlow medallist in the side.
- Sky is the limit fo Chapman
- Our ball movement when we are on top is as good as any. 30+ shots on goal in our wins is impressive.
- Darcy is emerging as a legit ruck/fwd (when out of the goal square)
- Injury list is looking betterish (Switta and Young )
- Cerra is emerging as a legit midfield star, needs to keep standing up when AB is getting tagged (like he did today)
-Mundy4hundy
- Switta’s return has been excellent
- Meek gives us assurance if we don’t have one of Darcy/Lobb
- Freddy grows every game, could be anything
- No 2nd year blues for Serong (mark of a serious player IMO), look for him to explode next year or the year after.
- Team responded to that horrific Carlton game by standing up for AB and responding when pushed, impressive.

Negative
- Far too much reliance on Mundy for my liking
- The two losses were disgusting, the Carlton game had best be our worst performance for the year
- Goal kicking is now a growing concern
- Can’t have such a divide between home and away games
- Skills fall away more than they should under pressure (expect this to improve with time given the age demo of the team.

Looks like we are at best a bottom of the 8 team which is a little disappointing but probably me thinking we could be more was getting ahead of myself. We are in a very odd awkward spot where our best two players (Fyfe/Mundy) might not be around for a proper push. I hope Bell and co keep going to the draft, the young talent we have is incredible, don’t over reach for a big name

The loss to the Dees doesn’t look so bad now. We need play better as a team away, though.

Got out to a 30+ point lead, the opposition rallied hard, but then you .... responded by upping your game as well?

What a concept.

...Entered the Fremantle Dockers forums, considered posting something constructive and fruitful, but then you...typed some condescending garbage?

...Entered the Fremantle Dockers forums, considered posting something constructive and fruitful, but then you...typed some condescending garbage?
He’s having a go at his team while praising ours though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back