Preview Round 5, 2021: North Melbourne vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium | Sunday, April 18 @ 4:40pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noble had his interview and said Walker is straight back in. Xerri, Taylor and Bos are in the mix. Why are we playing Walker? Why are we planning on using Larkey in the ruck again? It doesnt work FFS. Walker cannot be in the team. HES A fu**IN SPUD
Id like to see Xerri in, can give both Goldy and Larkey a chop out. I always thought of Walker as a break only in the event of emergency not a best 22

In the longer term view he has time.

The one we need a lift from is Jy.

Luke McDonald is out, Jack can't be captain next year.

Jy needs to begin playing like it's his team. We need him to do that just about more than we need any player to do anything.

LDU is a red herring of blame at the moment. I expect more from him towards the end of this year but to really explode next.

But Jy we need now. We need him to become undeniable as captain.

Else were going to be stuck in this vortex of unclear leadership moving forward.

With LDU if his development curve and Jy's are similar. Jy really came on start of last year. That will line up thereabouts to the last third of this year with LDU. Expect only glimpses until then at the earliest.
He is averaging 25 disposals a game. Last year was his best season prior to that and he averaged 20. (Games were a 20% shorter too.)

So he is a little stagnant but he played well on the weekend.

Id like to see Xerri in, can give both Goldy and Larkey a chop out. I always thought of Walker as a break only in the event of emergency not a best 22
We don't have Taz or Corr so it is a bit of an emergency. If Hawkins and Cameron are playing Walker will be needed down back.

I reckon when Bruce kicks 6 on you in a half, your career as a backman is done
Yeah, I'm sure it would be if we had anyone with size who could replace him.

but he was in the side last week till he did his leg.

Yeah, I'm sure it would be if we had anyone with size who could replace him.

but he was in the side last week till he did his leg.
I’d rather anyone else to be honest. Anyone..

theres no point playing him if bags are inevitable. Then why not play a zippy bloke that can hurt on the spread?

playing Walker is conceding any chance of competitiveness.

Last edited:
The last time I went to Kardinia Park was in the early 90’s during uni.
Drove the Datsun 120Y down the highway with my then girlfriend.
Parked in some nearby street with no 2 hr sign.
Rocked up.
Bought tickets at the gate.
Bought two beers and two pies.
Stood up and watched the game.
Carey had a good game.
Drove home.
No barcodes.
The end.
I have been to many games (watching Fitzroy and Brissie) at Kardinia Park and I quite enjoy the trip. It's an outing but the start time on Sunday is appalling for Melbourne based people.

Went in a Datsun 240Z a few times and there is one for sale at the moment for 120,000 that I would like to have. Your 120Y reminded me of the car for sale.

I want to see some sort of forward system emerging. See this and a good effort and I will be back in my 240Z.

I've been going to football at Kardinia Park for probably longer than just about anyone else here. Mum barracked for Geelong and Dad for Richmond so as a kid, that clash was a sure thing for all of us to attend every year, along with 3 or 4 other Geelong games. And just as sure, Geelong nearly always won, leaving Mum to gloat on the trip back home and Dad to ponder yet another Tiger loss.

In those days it was around a 100 mile trip, on roads nowhere near as good as they are now, so for Dad it was long trip home.

But I have some terrific memories from those days, including seeing the great Polly Farmer at the peak of his powers, Peter Walker, a very good CHB and the grandfather of our boy, Josh, the Lord twins who grew up a few miles away from us, Fred Wooller, Doug Wade, Roy West, the Goggins and on the Richmond side, Neville Crowe, Royce Hart, KB, Roger Dean, Paddy Guinane, Bull Richardson, the father of Matthew Richardson, to name a few

I once saw John Sharrock, who was one of the classiest half forwards in the game, drop kick a goal to the Barwon River end, from 65 metres out between wing and half forward. A properly executed drop kick was one of the sweetest sights you would ever see on a football field, and that kick was right up there, however, few players were sufficiently good enough to do it and hence its demise.

In recent years I've been to a reasonable number of games, but in the last couple of years I've stopped because I simply refuse to pay the exorbitant cost charged by Geelong for entry to sit in a sub-standard seat, with a restricted view of the game. A starting price of $50 for a seat is a disgrace and the AFL, should and could, but won't do anything about it. It is a straight out donation to the GFC for very very little in return. Far better to use that money on something North Melbourne and watch the game on TV.

Perhaps my best memory of Kardinia Park is back in Arch's day. I was in the forward pocket at the City end of the ground and suffice to say, Arch was giving some Geelong potato a fair old touch up. Two rows in front of me, a Geelong nuffie decided to heckle Arch and shouted out to him that he was as "weak as piss". Unable to contain myself, I invited the nuffie to jump the fence and pass on that information face to face to the great man. That led to a bit of laughter around the general area and the nuffie sat down and never said another word for the game.

BTW we also won the game

I just dont think theres any point to playing campbell over xerri in a rebuild. So xerri must not be ready, which is annoying but understandable if thats actually how it is.
From my perspective, Xerri's capacity to run out an AFL game must be the only explanation - I haven't actually seen him gassed at VFL level, but presumably the fitness people know better

From my perspective, Xerri's capacity to run out an AFL game must be the only explanation - I haven't actually seen him gassed at VFL level, but presumably the fitness people know better
There was a few moments where he was really indecisive with ball in hand. He is still a better option than walker and campbell as a tall. I’d be playing him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back