Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We saw it in flashes this year before today - the first half against Melbourne, the start of the third team against Collingwood - there's a serious energy and buzz to this group when things start to work out for us, when the confidence starts to return. But nothing compares to the real thing - to a proper, come-from-behind victory, putting in massive efforts to nullify the mistakes and turnovers, balancing steady defensive play with forward momentum perfectly once we took the lead... I'm sure there's plenty I could nitpick about this game, especially the first quarter, but right now I don't care - not sure a win has ever felt like this before! Hopefully we can carry that ball of positive energy forward from today - certainly everything feels right right now!

Down by a massive margin 30+ and we come up with arguably what was a 2 goal win had it not been touched we were right in it til the last. Even with seconds to go we're smothering them and keeping the pressure, just shows how badly the boys wanted this win from every bit of the ground. This'll settle us down and it confirms, especially from the last 3 weeks that we've been building to this.

How good is a ******* win, I've never seen Cunners smile that much in my life, and the scenes after the win were memorable. We can only go onwards and upwards from here, when we're playing our game style we look dangerous.

Tarryn Thomas is a total delight to watch when he is in full flight like he was today.

Zuhaar is another favourite non Blues player of mine that I am glad to see get some form.back today.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Good to see David Noble get a win on his birthday too :)
Thanks pal, and keep big Harry injury free for us, we need him firing 2022. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My boy was in tears the last minute. This win means so much to so many.

So true. My joey stormed off after that first quarter.

We watched the last quarter together, nervously roaring then erupting with delight & massive hugs at the final siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need to put a tracker on him and tell him to run X kilometres per game or he's dropped. Very very good footballer when he gets on his bike.
I'd rather he put on 10 kilos and become a Drew clone that can wrestle for a mark, and provide second and third efforts when it hits the deck. Drew was a super-nice guy, but also had pointy elbows, ran in straight lines and had a mean streak on the field. Larkey's strength is his accuracy in front of goal. Within 35 metres I'd trust him with my life, but sadly any further out would test him for distance, so l don't like him pushing up the ground. Just means he needs to clunk more chances and be a lot more aggressive when he's within range, or get a thigh transplant off Sav Rocca.

So true. My joey stormed off after that first quarter.

We watched the last quarter together, nervously roaring then erupting with delight & massive hugs at the final siren.
Similar. My boy went for a kick outside late in the first. Watched the second half with me. My daughter heard the noise and watched the last as well. Great family moment. Love being a Shinboner. Now for more beers.

What a great win, so proud of boys and all involved. Its clear the teams this as more than just them which is great to see.

Loved that pressure gauge during the third quarter, looked like we created a new one. Beyond elite its North Melbourne!

Simpkin...HUGE.

All heart. Getting back on the last line to put kosi off 1v1.

He really was.

It's not far off inclusion in one of the all time great midfielder matches for North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back