Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda - Round 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread went up a bit early.

I'm going to cross-post what I wrote in the 'David Noble' thread;

Stop blaming the 'game plan'. That's a fools errand.

You basically have two options this year;

Option #1
Implement your future game plan from day 1, knowing you don't have the personnel to really have it succeed

or

Option 2
Use some stop-gap game-plan that you'll scrap once you've had your first opportunity to really shape the list.

David Noble does #1.
Brad Scott did #2 for 10 years and we went nowhere.

Given the state of our list, I'm more than happy to have a head coach with the confidence to back in his game-plan knowing it'll struggle this year, but with the belief it gives us a head start in 2022 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread went up a bit early.

I'm going to cross-post what I wrote in the 'David Noble' thread;

I'm on board for the rebuild.

I get the having and sticking to a game plan.

We have an issue with ball movement and structure forward of the ball.

It was there round 1. It was there today. It was exploited badly last week. If the Saints were any good at all they'd have smashed us today. But they're mental short people in front of goal.

Better result than I was expecting, other than Bmac's hamstring going twang which is some complete and utter bs.

We're just not a good team, for various reasons. St Kilda coulda/should flat tracked bullied the s**t out of us but we hung in there and even when the game was beyond saving we kept buttering up which is more than can be said for St Kilda who completely dropped off. That's a very good sign for us.

Zurharr continued his ascent into good form, Scott deleted Brad Hill, Bmac won his matchup handily, TT once again got over 15 possessions and multiple goals, Larkey looked better, and Hall continued dominating.

Certainly didn't shame ourselves tonight, even if there were multiple players and moments that made me want to tear my hair out.

I'll say just one thing.
Not playing Xerri is a nonsense.
We got easily beaten anyway, and while Campbell has been solid he won't be on list in 18 months.
It is insane to not reward Xerri for his form and help advance his development, while pumping more games into a VFL ruckman.
We would have lost anyway, but we might have advanced Xerri's future.
Short sighted and disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back