Game Day 2021 R13 vs St Kilda @ Cairns, Sat 12/6 @ 6.55pm

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray is named as the medi-sub

Nah, was the medi-sub last week.

It always comes from our emergency list, which Murray isn't on. If this is a rest for Sholl, which it likely is, he'll be the medi-sub.

Why didn't we rest Sholl in weeks prior? Instead of directly before our only bye?

I could see two major reasons. One the matches against Melbourne and Richmond were super important for development reasons, seeing Sholl needs to face the best teams as much as he can to find a way to survive, and thrive in them. Secondly, I think we were hoping he'd be able to hold on until the bye.

I could see two major reasons. One the matches against Melbourne and Richmond were super important, seeing Sholl needs to face the best teams as much as he can to find a way to survive them. Secondly, I think we were hoping he'd be able to hold on until the bye.
It's really not that hard to understand I didn't think.

Rest, dropped, whatever, I think we can all agree Sholl is down on form and it’s most likely because he’s tired. However my question is, he’s 21 now, why is he so tired after 12 games? I doubt there’s many 21 y/o’s in the comp who effectively need to be rested because they’re tired. Poor all round.
I'd assume because he runs himself ragged every week. Was on record pace for ground covered if I remember correctly.

I don't see the Sholl resting or dropping as a big deal. All players in the squad should be rested or dropped regardless whether they are 30 or a skinny kid in their 2nd year. I personally would have rested him 3weeks ago instead of running him into the ground. He's had no impact the last few weeks so give the kid a rest for a couple of weeks to recharge the batteries. What is strange is playing him as the sub. If you give a player a rest you follow up with it and don't do another Tom Lynch. The club should be rotating a young player for a young player when one needs a rest.

I'm just happy Worrell finally got a game and hope he now holds his spot until the end of the year. I think he has some talent. The Mackay debate shouldn't get caught up with Sholl being rested. Mackay shouldn't even be on our list full stop.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sholl looks stuffed so I'm not overly fussed with giving him a break. I don't understand giving one game to Oconnor then dropping him. Isn't this the second time? What happened to "backing the boys in" after a sh*t game? Why does Ronin make way and not perennial failures like Mackay or others with consistently sub par form over the past month. Rowe, McAdam, Seedsman, Shoenberg, McPherson all very lucky. Especially the first two who have been way off the mark for a while now.
Seedsman?
IMO he's been in career best form this season.
Schoenberg has been OK too, kicking been hit and miss but far from lucky to retain his spot.

We have only 13 sub-50 gamers this week, an absolute disgrace.

Interestingly St Kilda have 5 sub-50 gamers and one of these is Paul Hunter. Worst rebuild ever, Rats.

Back