Review Round 18 vs Western Bulldogs @ Metricon Stadium (17.07.2021 @ 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy related question here. Is Burgess going to continue to be first ruck? Is Zac Smith likely to come back any time soon and ruin Burgess' hot form? Thanks in advance!

Fantasy related question here. Is Burgess going to continue to be first ruck? Is Zac Smith likely to come back any time soon and ruin Burgess' hot form? Thanks in advance!
FYI in future we do have a dreamteam/fantasy related thread in the sticked section up top

I'll let this slide on this occasion because it's technically selection related for this week

To answer said question, I think Sunny said it best.

Personally I think we're doing great without him

Certainly no expectation of winning this one... but plenty of upsets happening around the league at the moment. Play with heart and passion and stay completive for all 4 qtrs and i'll be happy and who knows. Greenwood is a big out for us sadly.

Certainly no expectation of winning this one... but plenty of upsets happening around the league at the moment. Play with heart and passion and stay completive for all 4 qtrs and i'll be happy and who knows. Greenwood is a big out for us sadly.

He is a huge out, but realistically we have played the last two games without him. I don't shy away from the fact that the Doggies are an elite midfield unit though

Last time we played them they put on 11.4 to our 1.3 to half time, in the second half it was 6.12 to 7.5. Obviously they took the foot off after the game was decided by half time. I really just hope we don't get smashed in the first half like we did last time and undo all of the good work of the last 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any stats on Zacs effort in the 2s? Sounds like he was pretty ordinary

#

Player
AF
G
B
D
K
H
M
T
HO
CLR
MG
GAs
ToG%
280722.png

ZacSmith
520063322281---
1021013.png

NedMoyle
9220119265132---

So how many of their players actually are missing for this one? It looks like Dunkley is going to play and he torched us last time with 38 disposals, 8 tackles and 7 clearances but you'd have to say it's unlikely a player would put forward a performance akin to that in his first game back from a reasonably long injury. Treloar won't be playing and he was pretty good last time we played them with 26 disposals, 4 tackles and 3 clearances so that obviously helps us a fair bit. Easton Wood is also hurt and I think he played reasonably well in our last game against them so that should help our forwards to get their hands on the ball. Their website says Naughton will be a "test" to face us and it would be a massive positive for us if he didn't get up for this one. I suppose we'll just wait and see on that one. He kicked 2 goals and had 5 scoring shots against us last time so it'd be a nice if he missed.

This will be a reasonably different Bulldogs team to the one we faced earlier this year. Perhaps more importantly, our team is also different to the one we rolled out in round 5. Touk Miller is now a genuine superstar and the confidence amongst the boys would be a lot higher now than it was back then. Also, Burgess is a far more competent ruckman now after coming off his best ever performance of 38 hitout, 17 disposal, 7 clearance and 4 tackle performance against Mumford and the Giants. Last time we played the Dogs it was Caleb Graham rucking almost entirely alone and he got killed by Jordon Sweet. We were also missing Day to play as a back up ruckman last time and obviously we have Sam this time around.

Basically I'm saying you can't take much from the last time we played the Dogs because both teams will be very different this time around.

So how many of their players actually are missing for this one? It looks like Dunkley is going to play and he torched us last time with 38 disposals, 8 tackles and 7 clearances but you'd have to say it's unlikely a player would put forward a performance akin to that in his first game back from a reasonably long injury. Treloar won't be playing and he was pretty good last time we played them with 26 disposals, 4 tackles and 3 clearances so that obviously helps us a fair bit. Easton Wood is also hurt and I think he played reasonably well in our last game against them so that should help our forwards to get their hands on the ball. Their website says Naughton will be a "test" to face us and it would be a massive positive for us if he didn't get up for this one. I suppose we'll just wait and see on that one. He kicked 2 goals and had 5 scoring shots against us last time so it'd be a nice if he missed.

This will be a reasonably different Bulldogs team to the one we faced earlier this year. Perhaps more importantly, our team is also different to the one we rolled out in round 5. Touk Miller is now a genuine superstar and the confidence amongst the boys would be a lot higher now than it was back then. Also, Burgess is a far more competent ruckman now after coming off his best ever performance of 38 hitout, 17 disposal, 7 clearance and 4 tackle performance against Mumford and the Giants. Last time we played the Dogs it was Caleb Graham rucking almost entirely alone and he got killed by Jordon Sweet. We were also missing Day to play as a back up ruckman last time and obviously we have Sam this time around.

Basically I'm saying you can't take much from the last time we played the Dogs because both teams will be very different this time around.
You're right, just remember we dismantled North Melbourne Round 2, and lost to them at their home.

Now it's our turn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back