Review Round 21 vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium (07.08.2021 @ 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

9 was the goal for me. 6 just isn't enough when we won 5 last year in a reduced season.
Yeah, I probably had the idea of 7 or 8 at minimum. Should have beaten Norf and the crows and carlton that first time. That would have gotten to the bench mark. But alas, didn't happen.

The game against melbourne felt like 2020 Last round, Hawthorn @ Adelaide oval..........

Anyone wanna remember that game? We let retirees Paul Puopolo and Hawthorn 200 game back pocket Ben Stratton kick his 2nd goal in his career. Flashback another year (2020) eariler and we let a retiring Roughead kick 6 on Graham, flashback another year (2019) we let Jeremy Cameron kick 9 goals and win the coleman.

Absolute s**t show, and we said oh 2021 will be fine we got Matt Rowell coming back.

Then our season derailed from Witts, Day, Budarick going now. We got hope again that after the bye, Smith, Rowell, Day and co would strengthen our side and get some wins. Nope Lost to fremantle in a way where we couldn't even touch the ball.

Ok lets return back to Metricon our home and play better.. nope we played the same way against Port.

We then all got our pitchforks out and deep down felt, if we lost to North, Dew is gone.

He survived, he gifted us wins against Richmond & Giants oh wow this is good, we beaten two bottom 10 sides.

Losing to the dogs was respectable, first half against brisbane was great, and now here we are 6 quarters later. 25 goals conceeded in 6 quarters, to two teams who lost their previous game.

Dew has done something right, he's changed the culture, i'm not too scared any players will leave this season but we need to try and get Clarko.

Carlton & Collingwood have vacancies and maybe Port/GWS/WCE too, we have to do it and it has to be this year. The players and supporters will believe again. It is the only way.

1 week off enough for Rankine...? Maybe give him a bit more time in the midfield rotations so he can get his hands on the ball.

1 week off enough for Rankine...? Maybe give him a bit more time in the midfield rotations so he can get his hands on the ball.
Doesn't work hard enough to be a midfielder. Needs to rip open a VFL game as a forward before he gets back in the ones. His work rate has been very poor

Doesn't work hard enough to be a midfielder. Needs to rip open a VFL game as a forward before he gets back in the ones. His work rate has been very poor
In light of his first couple of seasons it's interesting to go back and check out his draft video
A fair few of his highlights were cheapie run past/handoffs-pretty easy against 17yo defenders of variable quality-not so much AFL defence .Also getting caught and hand passing over the top to a runner.I know at the time I was a Connor Rozee fan but really I don't watch U18's enough to really warrant an opinion.He has talent but not sure it's generational like Betts or Breust

In light of his first couple of seasons it's interesting to go back and check out his draft video
A fair few of his highlights were cheapie run past/handoffs-pretty easy against 17yo defenders of variable quality-not so much AFL defence .Also getting caught and hand passing over the top to a runner.I know at the time I was a Connor Rozee fan but really I don't watch U18's enough to really warrant an opinion.He has talent but not sure it's generational like Betts or Breust
Izak was just so much faster than the majority of u18 players. Now not so much, he hasn't worked out a second way to beat defenders. His first few games last season he looked incredible as no-one really had any tape on him.
Now they follow him to the ball at every instance and stop him from getting away with pace. He needs to work with Corbett and King better in regards to blocks and where the ball is going to drop to get more space. I don't mind him trying to take people on 1v1 occasionally but he needs to build up some core strength before he does. Gets tackled far to easily. Lastly his work rate needs a serious up tick, seems to be going through the motions 85% of the game, simply not good enough

Most small forwards are downhill skiers. Get plenty of good supply and they'll kick goals.
Izak kicked 2,3,4 in 3 of our wins.
Charlie Cameron 31.23 in 12 wins and 7.7 in 7 losses. Papley and Pickett similar in wins/losses.
He's out of form sure, but there's a lot of pressure on the poor guy playing in our forward line.

Rankine still on the Gold Coast, so he won't be in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind it. Bowes has been really poor for a few games now. Happy they have finally replaced Holman in that forward line with Townsend, should add a hard edge.
Bowes is not a defender, and then chucked forward. Seem like its justifiable. Unfortunately we all want to see him in the guts and there is no room

I think Dew needs to justify selection now for this kids. But looking at the 22 now to what I thought was our best 22 was at the start of the season I reckon we have 10-12 best 22 players not playing this week.

The VFL is a more solid hit out to recapture form it’s just a pity we have the bye

Don’t get them . Townsend In on the back of average or no games in the twos. Trying to replicate Holman I presume, which McPherson couldn’t do last week so we promote McPherson on ball to likely try and nullify Walsh. Losing by 98 needed some response but sounds like we have gone all out defend to keep a job. Would not surprise me if Brodie wasn’t sub, as he likely didn’t perform that role well enough last week according to Dew

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back