Preview Round 22: Gold Coast vs Essendon, Kardinia Park, Sunday 15/08/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Will we stay in the hunt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In:Heppell, Perkins
Out:Gleeson, Guelfi

Redman Stewart Ridley
Heppell Laverde Hind
Durham Parish Cox
Snelling Francis Smith
Waterman Wright Tippa
Draper Merrett Stringer
Cutler Shiel Clarke Perkins
Sub: Caldwell

Risky Caldwell as the sub, but needs the run and with no practice matches this might be how he gets managed minutes.

I would just have Heppell in for Smith (realistically it will be Gleeson) and switch Perk with Tippa.

3:20pm Sunday confirmed, but our game 1 of 2 games which is venue TBD.
Interestingly, the other game still TBD on venue is Brisbane v Collingwood (Meant to be in QLD).

Ins: Heppell, McGrath**, Perkins
Outs: Gleeson, Smith, Cox

B: Laverde Stewart Hind
HB: Heppell Ridley Redman
C: Merrett Stringer Durham
HF: Perkins Francis Snelling
F: Waterman Wright Tipungwuti
R: Draper Shiel Parish
INT: Guelfi McGrath Clarke Cutler

**Providing he's fit McGrath comes in.

Cox to have a week off, swap with Perko.
Skipper to replace Gleeson.

Ins: Heppell, McGrath**, Perkins
Outs: Gleeson, Smith, Cox

B: Laverde Stewart Hind
HB: Heppell Ridley Redman
C: Merrett Stringer Durham
HF: Perkins Francis Snelling
F: Waterman Wright Tipungwuti
R: Draper Shiel Parish
INT: Guelfi McGrath Clarke Cutler

**Providing he's fit McGrath comes in.

Cox to have a week off, swap with Perko.
Skipper to replace Gleeson.

Pidge won't be ready but agree with the other two.

Pidge won't be ready but agree with the other two.
Fair call.

They playing VFL or scratchies atm? Not sure how else Pidge gets match fitness into him tbh. Seems to be in a similar spot to Shiel when he returned. I reckon even little underdone Pidge would add more value than Smith.

Fair call.

They playing VFL or scratchies atm? Not sure how else Pidge gets match fitness into him tbh? Seems to be in a similar spot to Shiel when he returned. I reckon even little underdone Pidge would add more value than Smith.
We probably play a scratch match this week and there's a VFL game next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we like peaking at the right time ? All our injured players coming back if we make the finals I wouldn’t rule anything out
Trying to run through this in my head…

Heppell this week. McGrath next week? Langford maybe good for week 1 of finals? Jones who knows. Would probably put Caldwell on ice even if he is ready tbh.

Heppell this week. McGrath next week? Langford maybe good for week 1 of finals? Jones who knows. Would probably put Caldwell on ice even if he is ready tbh.

Yeah, you’d think if both Mcgrath and Caldwell were to come into the side then one would have to come in this week.

If Caldwell got a couple of VFL games under his belt I wouldn’t be against bringing him in for a final if we were to make it though.

we also have key players hitting best form for the season form like wright, Draper, Ridley with other players maintaining good form in Merrett, parish, stringer, Laverde, hind ect if walla somehow gets back to his best along with Shiel we would at least be competitive in the first week of finals even if we don’t win it’s good not to be limping into a elimination final for a change.

Or GMHBA.

Poster on Blitz seemed to indicate that GMHBA is the backup option for Metricon.

Tom Morris also said on AFL tonight that Essendon don’t want to fly in and fly out for the game in QLD. They feel they’ve done a lot of interstate travel and this has final implications. If they have to play in QLD, they want to fly in the day before.

Poster on Blitz seemed to indicate that GMHBA is the backup option for Metricon.

Tom Morris also said on AFL tonight that Essendon don’t want to fly in and fly out for the game in QLD. They feel they’ve done a lot of interstate travel and this has final implications. If they have to play in QLD, they want to fly in the day before.
Thats what Freo tried to do when they hosted Carlton in Vic too- first they wanted to host in Tas, that got knocked off, then they were gonna host in Geelong and for some reason they couldn’t do that either. Ended up being played at the MCG iirc.

Thats what Freo tried to do when they hosted Carlton in Vic too- first they wanted to host in Tas, that got knocked off, then they were gonna host in Geelong and for some reason they couldn’t do that either. Ended up being played at the MCG iirc.
I'd be happy to play in TAS again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back