Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Spargo jarred his ankle during training. Had to receive medical attention from Dees staff. Didn’t take any further part, but didn’t have it iced.

Steven May and Joel Smith were just running laps.
They wouldn't show their hand by icing it on the bench if there was concern that would have been done behind closed doors. He should be fine with a week to go

Anyone notice the bruising on the right on the hamstring or my eyes deceiving me? Same one he pulled up on during the game V the cats.
Screenshot_20210919-032127.jpg Screenshot_20210919-032046.jpg

Injury update sounds like VDM is at no concern of missing the GF due to unavailability and should be back into full training at the end of this week.

I still think he will be the unlucky one to make way for Cody and it’ll be decided out of VDM, Scott & Richards for sub. I think Bevo will go for Scott due to the added flexibility.
Id go for the shock and have JUH as the med sub, hopefully its after half time so he is on when the Demons are are little weary and can cash in with a few quick ones.

Watching the highlights of the Port game; if VDM is fit he’ll play. Tight call between him & JJ but the latter will probably be the medical sub.

JJ is a better set shot but VDM is in everything and puts the fear into defenders.
He has that Mooroopna mongrel about him

Agree.

It's strange how little many Melbourne supporters seem to think of us.

The general consensus is "if we stuff this up". Not ''if we win". It's almost like they think the only way they lose is if they make errors
Melbourne supporters have always had NFI about footy

Yeah because you always train seperately with a corkie. Don't get runnning with stories like that he didn't appear to be banged up in the Prelim.
Still got a full week to recover either way he will be fully fit for the match
Good I don’t want any excuses when we kick their arses!

I was perplexed with the media about our chances of winning against Port, yes we lost our key defender but getting back our ruck made us stronger in the midfield. In the end I was telling myself to get ready for a loss, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that we would win.

Now fast forward to Melbourne I keep telling myself to get ready for a loss, and their are some omens (I saw three land drovers in a row the other day :oops:), I can’t imagine the Dees winning. How is everyone else feeling?
I saw 4 Black Swans and then another group of 6 Black Swans on Lake Hawthorn this morning. It’s a well established scientific fact that if you see 4 and 6 Black Swans on a Lake named after an AFL side and they are the numbers of your Captain and star finals player then your team is definitely winning the GF this week.

Note this only applies if Black Swans are the symbol of the state the GF is being held in!

Does this bye week kill our momentum?

I know Melbourne had had 2 in relative quick succession.

How has our form been after byes in previous years?
I don’t think so, with the quarantine mixed in it’s not too much of a break and off the top of my head I believe our post bye form is excellent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id go for the shock and have JUH as the med sub, hopefully its after half time so he is on when the Demons are are little weary and can cash in with a few quick ones.
My dream scenario would be JUH to play and kick a bag

I’ve spent the week just thinking about how much is on the line next week.

Win, and Bont is a 2 time premiership player, premiership captain and the talk of him being our best ever player becomes legitimate, all at the age of 25.

Win, Baz and Naughton are premiership players at the age of 20 and 21 with 12+ years careers still to go.

Win, and we get one over Melbourne. I really think it will be our two teams fighting it out over the next few years.

Win, and we’d have to be regarded as one of the most successful teams this century.

Win, and the club gets a massive financial boost. Our finances would essentially be secured for the long term.

Lose, and I have no doubt we will all be saying we will win one over the next 2-3 years. That’s true, but there is no promises. GF’s are hard to get to, even harder to win, so if you get a crack at them, you have to go all out. I’m confident we are in this up to our eyeballs
Win and if anyone on BF talks about sacking Bevo again I will spew up

I saw 4 Black Swans and then another group of 6 Black Swans on Lake Hawthorn this morning. It’s a well established scientific fact that if you see 4 and 6 Black Swans on a Lake named after an AFL side and they are the numbers of your Captain and star finals player then your team is definitely winning the GF this week.

Note this only applies if Black Swans are the symbol of the state the GF is being held in!

Yeah I am a bit superstitious:oops:

We have a ritual in our family, driving in from a regional area for the game, to look for the first bumper sticker of a Bulldog, if it’s the oppositions that’s a really bad omen.

Port Adelaide final, I saw heaps of Doggy stuff in unlikely places so I took that as a good omen.

Oh and whatever you do, don’t wear the oppositions colours, or hum their theme song, that’s bad juju.:eek:

Does anyone else have any superstitions, or am I the only nut. :drunk:

We have a ritual in our family, driving in from a regional area for the game, to look for the first bumper sticker of a Bulldog, if it’s the oppositions that’s a really bad omen.

Port Adelaide final, I saw heaps of Doggy stuff in unlikely places so I took that as a good omen.

Oh and whatever you do, don’t wear the oppositions colours, or hum their theme song, that’s bad juju.:eek:

I’m wearing teal today, is that ok? 😉

He is scared of the Astronaut

May was on radio about 2 months ago and was asked who his most difficult opponent is. He’s answer Naughton because he can come into a marking situation from anywhere and his ground level skills and speed are weapons

The fact you follow me just shows how pathetic you are

You will all be happy to hear in simply over this ceasepool and the collective morons in it.

Have some serious issues outside this hole im concentrating on so keep worrying where I am and what im doing.

Footy is far from a priority at the moment so discuss me all you want

Hope all goes well MD 👍

Oh you mean normal clothes with oppo colours, thought at first you meant like a Dees jumper :oops:
I wore my Chris Grant match worn jumper on the days of all finals in 2016 and every final this year [never any other time as it is sacred] so that brought good luck [have blocked out any finals in between :p]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back