Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
We should really start a thread on this whole media sensoring our club is trying to do. I'm embarrassed at all the propaganda that has come out since the loss, as well as the pressure the club is putting on the media, it's ridiculous.

Those inside the club have their bloody heads in the sand. They've basically laid it all on the line that we need to win the flag next year or it'll be considered a failure. It's ridiculous. I doubt we'll even make the PF.

We should really start a thread on this whole media sensoring our club is trying to do. I'm embarrassed at all the propaganda that has come out since the loss, as well as the pressure the club is putting on the media, it's ridiculous.

Those inside the club have their bloody heads in the sand. They've basically laid it all on the line that we need to win the flag next year or it'll be considered a failure. It's ridiculous. I doubt we'll even make the PF.
I actually think this a good thing.

It means we can't possibly turn around after finishing 7th and losing an EF and saying "Well we're a young club and we've got a long way to go before we're as good as *insert whichever club leapfrogs us next year* but we'll be back bigger and better next year".

Seems like the club knows Hinkley wont win a flag, he knows it, but nobody wants to make the tough call, and they most certainly are precious now when it comes to anyone in the media being critical. Is a club who cannot make the tough calls and cannot handle anyone voicing those tough calls they need to make. Really are a shell of the Port Adelaide Foot ball Club.

Seems like the club knows Hinkley wont win a flag, he knows it, but nobody wants to make the tough call, and they most certainly are precious now when it comes to anyone in the media being critical. Is a club who cannot make the tough calls and cannot handle anyone voicing those tough calls they need to make. Really are a shell of the Port Adelaide Foot ball Club.
Becoming like the Corporation now :'(

I must say, with all due respect, I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves they have made with this fine organization. In the past 17 years they have caused myself, and the fans, a good deal of distress, as we have watched them take our beloved Port Adelaide and reduced them to a laughing stock, all for the glorification of their massive egos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ is why we'll never get an explanation from old mate about the PF or our abysmal record v top4 teams since 2017 which iirc was something like 22 games

for 4 wins as one poster put up a week ago or so. Go back 2/3yrs before that and it'd be a same or worse ratio. Ken's a dead man walking now.

Waaaay more than 10% have woken up to this parasite. The PF, his presser and that 5aa performance has done an enormous amount of damage.

Next years membership and attendances will have the club really worried. I wouldn't be surprised if Ken is subjected to open derision even hostility.

The off season is not going to see all this just fade away.

^ is why we'll never get an explanation from old mate about the PF or our abysmal record v top4 teams since 2017 which iirc was something like 22 games

for 4 wins as one poster put up a week ago or so. Go back 2/3yrs before that and it'd be a same or worse ratio. Ken's a dead man walking now.

Waaaay more than 10% have woken up to this parasite. The PF, his presser and that 5aa performance has done an enormous amount of damage.

Next years membership and attendances will have the club really worried. I wouldn't be surprised if Ken is subjected to open derision even hostility.

It won't surprise me if there is at least a 5k drop off in membership renewals, and covid restrictions ( if they are still be in place in 2022) could mask low crowd numbers, but like you I also believe a high percentage of members and supporters will remain pissed off enough not to let that crap of two weeks back just be swept under the carpet ala 2007.

I have a hunch there could be interesting, and potentially turbulent times ahead!

You’re dead right.
The pressure next year will be huge in fact I think it’ll be on par with 2004.
I’m not sure Hinkley himself knows what’s coming.
If we get off to a bad start or even just an average start ie 3 and 3 after round 6 the pressure will be huge.
In fact unbearable with the potential to derail the season and waste a whole year of football simply because we haven’t dealt with the issue.

Definitely not the PORT Adelaide way and must stop immediately.
Get the players , coaches and board members to Alberton to front the faithful and take questions and take responsibility.
After all without us members they wouldn't have a *en job.

The worst part is that the response should've been so easy.

'We were a disgrace. We embarrassed the club. The season is an unmitigated failure. We apologise unreservedly and will cop whatever criticism comes our way. And now we'll shut the **** up until March.'

The defensiveness and attempts to justify what happened just make a bad situation worse.

The worst part is that the response should've been so easy.

'We were a disgrace. We embarrassed the club. The season is an unmitigated failure. We apologise unreservedly and will cop whatever criticism comes our way. And now we'll shut the **** up until March.'

The defensiveness and attempts to justify what happened just make a bad situation worse.

LOL, come the * on. No AFL coach, club official or player is going to say this.

Who would have thought putting a breakfast TV host in a position of power would produce a vapidity infecting the whole club? It was totally unforeseeable.

Who could have foreseen a person who would hijack a supporter-inspired thing like NTUA to stroke his own ego (and engage in a bit of star ******* on the field) would be attempt to manufacture consent amongst those same supporters? It was unknowable.

Who would have conceived that promoting from within in an organisation that has been subjected to that kind of leadership would end up with mediocrity and contempt for members and supporters? It was inconceivable.

In short, * off the spiv from the club and conduct a clean out. We are rotting from our head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back