List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the best drafted later than 2006? Pretty short list I think. But would include guys like Gunston, Ben Brown, Darling, Dixon, Lynch - none taken top 10.
A lot of the new blood, like King (x2), Daniher, McKay and Naughton were all top picks, but you are right, there are plenty of tall forwards to be found in random places. Hell, Mihocek has 3 consecutive club goal kicking trophies and we plucked him out of a VFL backline.

A lot of the new blood, like King (x2), Daniher, McKay and Naughton were all top picks, but you are right, there are plenty of tall forwards to be found in random places. Hell, Mihocek has 3 consecutive club goal kicking trophies and we plucked him out of a VFL backline.

Even Mckay, and Naughton didn't require a really early pick - 9 and 10. There used to be a big miss rate with early picks on KPFs, but not as many are taken really early like it used to be where everyone who looked half a chance went top 10. I think the market has changed - also the position has too, with it being less glamorous, where the really big difference is becoming the ability to compete and bring it to ground when outnumbered.

Giants looking for a small forward. Can we package up 2018 Josh Thomas? Thanks.

Even Mckay, and Naughton didn't require a really early pick - 9 and 10. There used to be a big miss rate with early picks on KPFs, but not as many are taken really early like it used to be where everyone who looked half a chance went top 10. I think the market has changed - also the position has too, with it being less glamorous, where the really big difference is becoming the ability to compete and bring it to ground when outnumbered.
The market has changed - midfielders dominate - especially big bodied ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all true.

Brisbane were pretty happy to see the back of him in the end.

Buckley agreed to bringing Dayne Beams in after catching up with him which Sidebottom organised.

He really had no choice and the team had no choice, they were told by Eddie that Dayne is available I want him.

It's as simple as that and that was in the independent report the decision making power Eddie had especially when Buckley was in charge.
Even sadder, I'm confident that the biggest motivating factor was to try and compete for 'splash value' after Lynch chose a Balme-guided Richmond.
Imagine if we had've had term limits...

If Bobby is so desperate to get to Vic, Pies are there ready to trade for him now that the Dons deal has fallen over. If GWS want a small forward and were happy to trade for a 31yo Breust, Josh Thomas is 29 and out of contract at the Pies.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. The Trickster is missing the point.
We had to offload Treloar due to our salary cap mismanagement. That’s on us.
What was Treloar meant to be on - $800-$900k?
The Trickster says we should trade to help our club. Didn’t the Bulldogs do that or aren’t they allowed to?
Maybe the Dogs could only afford to pay Treloar $500-$600k due to their cap? This meant we’d need to tip in $300k which we did.
Maybe the dogs could only justify the picks they offered us because if the points they needed to match a bid for JUG?
We should not feel like we were hard done by when we went cap in hand to the Dogs.
That’s on Collingwood and we should move on and not repeat the same mistakes in the future. I don’t believe in passing the buck and pointing the finger at the Dogs for our failings.
Firstly, the Trickster is not missing any point, I just have a different point of view. What your missing is the nuance of previous conversations.

I've been consistent in that I'm all for getting the best deal possible and not necessarily trading for a win-win situation (think Dodoro or Adelaide). This is what the WB did last year by using their superiority and knowledge of our situation against us, knowing we'd have to get rid of players because of cap pressure and so offered us little in return for Treloar and made us pay a portion of his salary. Poor management on every aspect from our club and I cop that and good on WB for reaming us. If I was their supporter, I'd be laughing.

Fine, great. Never give a sucker an even break. I get all that.

My whole point is for the betterment of our team and based on all that, keep the third rounder we gave WB take Lipinski in PSD (or offer 58 if you want) and move on. We've already traded out from the 2nd round next year, so use 43, possibly another third and get back in so we can improve our list asap.

So what you're missing from my posts is that I'm not blaming the dogs for doing what they did, that's fine but if that is the benchmark then I'm simply saying play the same way and do what's best for our club. Not sure why we acquiesced to give Pick 43.

Pretty clear my stance, trust you understand it.

If Bobby is so desperate to get to Vic, Pies are there ready to trade for him now that the Dons deal has fallen over. If GWS want a small forward and were happy to trade for a 31yo Breust, Josh Thomas is 29 and out of contract at the Pies.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love when they bring up the family stuff and desperate to get home just to the one club though.

If your that desperate you'll go anyway.

It's comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back