Preview Round 2 v North Melbourne @ Coopers Stadium (Norwood)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gritty win, tough conditions
Still feel the strength in this team is they have the ability to win in different ways, if other teams want to make it a contested beast of a game like North did in that 2nd half they can match it and get down and dirty or they can play that more transitional game like it was in the 1st half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly - Sitting there and watching that game.
I feel that's the best AFLw I've seen.

Everyone contributed, whether it was SImpson, or Martin, or Woodland, or Biddell, or McKinnon. I havn't seen a better team in this league in it's short history.

But it's not as cut and dry as 2019 - If we played at that level now, we wouldn't win the premiership. The league has come a long way in a short period. But today was probably my favourite game in this leagues history (well, other than the premiership victories - But that was for another reason ;) )

Didn't Woodland use to play for Melbourne and they didn't want her any more?? Seems like a fantastic pick up for us
to be fair - they wasted her talents in their back line.

Honestly - Sitting there and watching that game.
I feel that's the best AFLw I've seen.

Everyone contributed, whether it was SImpson, or Martin, or Woodland, or Biddell, or McKinnon. I havn't seen a better team in this league in it's short history.

But it's not as cut and dry as 2019 - If we played at that level now, we wouldn't win the premiership. The league has come a long way in a short period. But today was probably my favourite game in this leagues history (well, other than the premiership victories - But that was for another reason ;) )
There's definitely been a massive improvement which is really exciting, the Melbourne v Richmond game was also excellent.

I'm little worried about adding the the new teams to early, I think they should have waited 3 more years, and only 2 at a time, 4 new teams will dilute the standard across every team just need to give the game more time to develop and players to know and understand the game more

Didn't Woodland use to play for Melbourne and they didn't want her any more?? Seems like a fantastic pick up for us

Yes, but as a bit part player down back. Only played a few games and didn't do much.

It's a tough ask for teenagers to relocate interstate and play in a part time league too. And she had dropped off in her late junior years, we overlooked her as well. She came back here and proved herself in SANFLW and look at her now!

I think she actually face planted when she went for the mark. Probably knocked the stuffing out of her!

She was walking around the ground just fine afterwards so again, fingers crossed. She's been a handy player so far.

Meanwhile McKinnon is going from strength to strength. She still doesn't seem like much of a ruck to me, but very handy around the ground!

Solid win by the girls. North had a stronger second half (like they did last week) but we were able to respond and get the job done.

Now on to West Coast at Punt Rd next week for Pride Round (the club will also be doing some Pride stuff for the round 4 home game too)

Solid win by the girls. North had a stronger second half (like they did last week) but we were able to respond and get the job done.

Now on to West Coast at Punt Rd next week for Pride Round (the club will also be doing some Pride stuff for the round 4 home game too)
Good to play West Coast away instead of in Adelaide, wouldn't want to waste home ground advantage on them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back