Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who didn’t follow AFL in the early 90s as I was really young please explain
One of the highest scoring teams ever seen, but they also got scored against. Said in reference to your backline which looked pretty thin. Good looking midfield though

5,400 left over. appreciate any feedback. Gone for a value packed forward line because the forwards always suck and only one rookie forward on field this way.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 66
5,400 left over. appreciate any feedback. Gone for a value packed forward line because the forwards always suck and only one rookie forward on field this way.
Nice team mate.
A lot depends on Witts.
If he is back to his best he will be golden for you.

Nice team.
Looks solid.
Day is an interesting pick. But at d4 the risk isn't too bad IMO.
What do you expect him to average?

Fully fit and off half back i'd be shocked if he averaged under 85. Would be hoping for around 90-95. Super smart footballer who rarely wastes a possession.
His 5 scores in 2021 are easily explained.
The 122 and 112 speak for themselves. The 55 in round 2 was injury affected after breaking his ankle early in the third quarter (so was easily on track for a 90+ score). Played just 10 weeks later following surgery and understandably struggled for 2 games after being rushed back into the senior side.
He should smash that injury affected average of 79 with his eyes closed.
Also averaged a solid 71 in his debut season despite having the build of an Auskicker.

Fully fit and off half back i'd be shocked if he averaged under 85. Would be hoping for around 90-95. Super smart footballer who rarely wastes a possession.
The 122 and 112 speak for themselves. The 55 in round 2 was injury affected after breaking his ankle early in the third quarter (so was easily on track for a 90+ score). Played just 10 weeks later following surgery and understandably struggled for 2 games after being rushed back into the senior side.
Also averaged a solid 71 in his debut season despite having the build of an Auskicker.
watchlist activated

One of the highest scoring teams ever seen, but they also got scored against. Said in reference to your backline which looked pretty thin. Good looking midfield though
Okay I can see what you mean I have probably got too many mid price players in defence I’m hopeful they work out but it’s probably not realistic that’s where the extra trades help and I think they’re probably more likely to get games over rookies

Last edited:
Nice team mate.
A lot depends on Witts.
If he is back to his best he will be golden for you.
Thanks, will be paying close attention to witts in the preseason and may need to turn him into someone else via going Sicily to day instead.

Can Sicily and Day exist in the same backline?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Sicily and Day exist in the same backline?

Yeah. Different players. Scrimshaw is the one who might be most impacted.

I'm expecting (like most Hawks supporters) that one of Scrimshaw, Day or Jiath roll up onto a wing at times. Or Impey becomes a Campbell Brown style small pressure swingman. Sicily can play much taller than his profile height suggests also.

This concept is being floated a lot on the Hawthorn board

B. Hardwick Hartigan/Frost Scrimshaw
HB. Sicily DGB Impey
C. Day Mitchell Jiath

We'll know more about Sam Mitchells plans once the practice games start.

Good footballer

Why so many from the last bye round?
FECK THE BYES.
The afl is just as likely to change the round teams are playing in like last year.
I want these premos playing for 22 rounds. I'm not gonna not select someone because they miss one awkward round.
Especially if its the last round of the byes and I have extra weeks to fix it.

have pared my team back to Guns and cheap rookies with a bit of value in forwards

how to best employ the $200k - hookers and coke?

View attachment 1316518
I would hold the 200k.
Upgrade a mid rookie to some midpricer if not enough rookies present.
Nice team though.

I would hold the 200k.
Upgrade a mid rookie to some midpricer if not enough rookies present. Maybe
Nice team though.
Agree. Upgrade a mid rookie to someone a little more expensive. Maybe Stevens out and bring in N.Daicos to start with..

FECK THE BYES.
The afl is just as likely to change the round teams are playing in like last year.
I want these premos playing for 22 rounds. I'm not gonna not select someone because they miss one awkward round.
Especially if its the last round of the byes and I have extra weeks to fix it.

For all my bye planning last year, 2 or 3 injuries (and AFL curveball) threw the mix out by the time the byes rolled around - I’m not going to pay much attention to it this year, either.

For all my bye planning last year, 2 or 3 injuries (and AFL curveball) threw the mix out by the time the byes rolled around - I’m not going to pay much attention to it this year, either.
Round 8 or 9 I will start worrying about it.
To much water to go under the bridge between now and then.

Seeing a lot of people load up their backlines and neglect their forward line structure.

I'd have thought the opposite is the way to go. Feels like there's been a considerably greater amount of defensive premos over the past few years, and hence a better chance of picking one up on the cheap. I know after the past few years I'd have more confidence filling out my backline than my forwardline. I know there's a lot of midpriced options, but people are putting a lot of faith in players with injury problems churning out decent scores consistently.

Curious to hear some counter-arguments on that front though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back