Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, someone got an idea what the heck the guy on the left is holding up? Some sticky tack for their hands? I saw this during the Freo v Pies game. Never seen it before.

Picture1.png

View attachment 1317788

Wasn’t sure where to post this. Am decluttering the storage space and came across this bad boy. Is there a market for this on bigfooty? It’s genuine and worn by yours truly a long time ago.

If there’s any guernsey collectors on here (Freo fans) give me a msg.

You could sign it, put it in a frame and hang it on the wall.

That would show a bit of pride in your accomplishment of earning it in the first place.

I assume it’s too small to now wear, and it not as valuable to others as it is to you no doubt.

Going through the West coast thread about Darling and there fans have already checked out on him

Like a player that has requested a trade to leave.

Interesting watch if he comes back.
Doubtful he'll come back unless anti-vaxxers overall stick to their word about taking Novavax when available. His wife and mother in law are hard-core anti-vaxxers and he's also in that group.

Stupid way to end a career really. At least Kelly went and got the vaccine despite his wife's (misinformed) reservations regarding vaccines and autism.

Hard to see him being welcomed back after he's played the 'workplace injury' card also. Just man up and do what Liam Jones and CEY did and retire with dignity, even if it is for a stupid reason.

Doubtful he'll come back unless anti-vaxxers overall stick to their word about taking Novavax when available. His wife and mother in law are hard-core anti-vaxxers and he's also in that group.

Stupid way to end a career really. At least Kelly went and got the vaccine despite his wife's (misinformed) reservations regarding vaccines and autism.

Hard to see him being welcomed back after he's played the 'workplace injury' card also. Just man up and do what Liam Jones and CEY did and retire with dignity, even if it is for a stupid reason.
Your thread on him is hilarious by the way, was laughing out loud on the piss-takes on there. I’d feel sorry for you guys for having such a * wit at your club, but, you know, the whole rivalry thing…

I read somewhere that the Novax will be available shortly, but the date was after an AFL deadline for double vaxed players.

In short, players (eg. Darling) returning after the AFL date, will need to be double vaxed, before they set foot on the training track. Novax becomes available after this date.

As such, if Darling does get the Novax jab, he will still have to sit out more time, awaiting his second jab.

Your thread on him is hilarious by the way, was laughing out loud on the piss-takes on there. I’d feel sorry for you guys for having such a fu** wit at your club, but, you know, the whole rivalry thing…
i think most are expecting somewhat of a development year with the new coaches, faces and game-plan, plus the spectre of having to hub over east which didn't go so well last time. Darling playing doesn't boost our chances too much anyway and whilst we don't have another forward of his calibre to replace him with, we at least have coverage in that area, as well as hopefully having a smaller forward line anyway.

Some pretty funny s**t in that thread though, I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah even if the club admin etc aren’t keen on welcoming him back, I can’t imagine the reception from his teammates will be fantastic…

i think most are expecting somewhat of a development year with the new coaches, faces and game-plan, plus the spectre of having to hub over east which didn't go so well last time. Darling playing doesn't boost our chances too much anyway and whilst we don't have another forward of his calibre to replace him with, we at least have coverage in that area, as well as hopefully having a smaller forward line anyway.

Some pretty funny sh*t in that thread though, I agree.
Can you guys afford "somewhat of a development year"?

List profile was seemingly kept for "one last crack" mode.

Can you guys afford "somewhat of a development year"?

List profile was seemingly kept for "one last crack" mode.
i thought that too but with it seems now JK kept on could've been due to Darling and Shuey's just constantly copping injuries. I prefer a reset with some fresher faces but you never know how the club sees it of course.

i thought that too but with it seems now JK kept on could've been due to Darling and Shuey's just constantly copping injuries. I prefer a reset with some fresher faces but you never know how the club sees it of course.

In Next years draft you are likely to get get better draft picks, so that will be the start of your rebuild / restump /Reno what ever you want to call it!

This years picks I thought you did ok with the picks you had.

In Next years draft you are likely to get get better draft picks, so that will be the start of your rebuild / restump /Reno what ever you want to call it!

This years picks I thought you did ok with the picks you had.
Yeah, pretty happy in hindsight with the picks. Pleasantly surprised that they picked Chesser as a mid and are actually training him there. Bit of a meme for the club to pick HBFs and train them there, with an 'eye' to move them to midfield later on. Most of us wanted MJ as Erasmus was always likely to go before our pick but at least needs were addressed again with picking up Clark, who's a mature body and ready to go..

Interesting year ahead for both clubs I think, especially with the unknown in regards tot he borders.

He'll be back playing by midseason I reckon. Too much at stake for all parties involved
And to be honest, when you look at it dispassionately, so he should. I'm triple vaxxed like us all and I think everyone has a moral obligation to get vaxxed, but he's a footballer FFS, not an aged care worker

He'll be back playing by midseason I reckon. Too much at stake for all parties involved
And to be honest, when you look at it dispassionately, so he should. I'm triple vaxxed like us all and I think everyone has a moral obligation to get vaxxed, but he's a footballer FFS, not an aged care worker
Oh I get what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree. The horse has mostly bolted in the east anyway, so not likely to make a significant difference. If it was 12 months ago it'd be a different story.

Not a fan of the way he's conducted himself on social media however.

Lol, nice one rubber chicken man.
We have heard it all before under Lyon. Letting the assistants take pre-season. Basically the coach has run out of ideas.
Some coaches can change or reinvent themselves, most revert back to form.
How long can they wheel NN out for, and only Chesser to show the future youth.
Id also be worried having McFatty as a leader of the club,
It reminds me of a time when a WC supporter stated that his club would never win a spoon.
Ignorance is bliss I suppose, will be interesting to see who's buying in.
They are old and slow, not conducive to fast breaks, and no Jetta to gain metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back